FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » OC Beach Burn IV-August 8th, 2009 Huntington Beach-Surf City USA!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
OC Beach Burn IV-August 8th, 2009 Huntington Beach-Surf City USA!!!
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 5:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 13:06, tikiyaki wrote:
Pardon my ignorance on this...Whay are you burning perfectly good Tikis ?

Well, it's kinda like skydiving. People ask, "Why are you jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?"
The answer: Because I do whatever the hell I want!

Actually, usually there is a problem with the tiki such as rot or bug infestation. Or of course, the creator just thinks it looks like shit and they want to get rid of all evidence that it ever existed (similar to my old high school report cards and pictures of ex-girlfriends.)

I think that the Tikiyaki Orchestra should play this year. I'm pretty sure there is enough room for the whole band (except Squid).

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-07-16 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 17:38, Riptide wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-16 13:06, tikiyaki wrote:
Pardon my ignorance on this...Whay are you burning perfectly good Tikis ?

Well, it's kinda like skydiving. People ask, "Why are you jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?"
The answer: Because I do whatever the hell I want!

Actually, usually there is a problem with the tiki such as rot or bug infestation. Or of course, the creator just thinks it looks like shit and they want to get rid of all evidence that it ever existed (similar to my old high school report cards and pictures of ex-girlfriends.)

I think that the Tikiyaki Orchestra should play this year. I'm pretty sure there is enough room for the whole band (except Squid).

And sometimes the Tiki was made to be burned. Like this one from the No OC Beach Burn in 2006:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-07-16 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 09:26, Hakalugi wrote:
Sounds good! Tell us about (or show us) the Tiki's that are slated to burn.

If that question wasn't toned in your normal sarcasm them I think you brought up a good point! Let's have a contest for the best/worst wood tiki 2 feet tall or smaller brought to be burned!
I'll throw in a prize for the best and one for the worst. But they must be hand made by the owner.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 8:07 pm   Permalink

For the record The Whale Rider and I will be there!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-07-17 11:18 am   Permalink

WooHooWahines says....Ummmmmmmm! S'mores!!!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 3:15 pm   Permalink

Well it's about f'in time somebody got another one of these goin' - really missed having one last summer! (Or did we have one? Dang, the years are just blurring together...)

Pandora and the Good Doctor will definitely be there, with either Hakalugi-style hidden Beachbums or maybe High-Octane Jello tikis (my 'go-to' for drinking in public)!!

Here's one of my fave pix from a few years ago:

See you on the 9th!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 9:37 pm   Permalink

The Boo Tribe will most likely be there.

Hmmmm.

What to burn.

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 11:12 pm   Permalink

I'll definitely be there.

Can we bring Witco to burn?

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 01:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-17 23:12, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I'll definitely be there.

Sabu-
Love the commitment & positive "Find a way to 'YES'" attitude.

Quote:

On 2008-07-17 21:37, RevBambooBen wrote:
The Boo Tribe will most likely be there.

Come on Ben. You're starting to sound like an indecisive noobie. Make a stand! Make it Happen! Say you WILL be there. I know you like fire and burning things. This is YOUR day!!!
***Go ahead and insert any other type of corporate bullshit slogan that they use to try to motivate people***

Arrrrrrrr.
Love,
AlohaBros

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-17 23:12, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Can we bring Witco to burn?

That would be so cool to see the looks on peoples faces as that was happening. I say go for it!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:19 pm   Permalink

wow shocking
some people would cry I bet.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:28 pm   Permalink

This sounds like Tiki's answer to the "Burning Man" festival... only the temperature is nicer and there are toilets and showers. Oh, and the people are more fun. Ummm, and there is food and cocktails... and probably no man-hating drum circle women forcing you to bang a gong... On second thought, this is nothing like "Burning Man." Sounds like a rockin' good time. I hope I can join you all.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-07-20 8:40 pm   Permalink

WooHooWahine and I were scoping out a good spot for the burn today... Thanks Bamboo Ben and Mrs Boo for the suggestions! Looks like we'll be close to restrooms, food stands, bike rentals and a whole lot more! All I gotta say is if you're planning on going, plan on getting there early! Fire, tiki, ocean, sand, Fire, hotdogs, s'mores, Fire, friends, fun and did I mention Fire? Don't forget to bring your wood! More info to follow!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 8:52 pm   Permalink

The big guns in HB.
My loss I live so far.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:26 am   Permalink

Burning Witco will only drive up the prices of the remaining pieces. (about time)
Stay away from my place.

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation