FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » OC Beach Burn IV-August 8th, 2009 Huntington Beach-Surf City USA!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
OC Beach Burn IV-August 8th, 2009 Huntington Beach-Surf City USA!!!
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:58 pm   Permalink

Dang! Friends of ours are moving back to España and the going away party is that day.

The LA Bar crawl is also that day.

Put me down for 26 minutes on Bong.

Move the Day! Move the Day! Move the Day of the Burn!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 2:26 pm   Permalink

I am a little confused here, as well. Will the beach burn be "Fun" and will there be enough "Fun" for everybody. It seems at some of these events there is always someone hogging up all the "Fun" and there isn't enough to go around. I am just checking.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 3:51 pm   Permalink

Sorry if I over looked this but what time does this "burn" start?

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 3:57 pm   Permalink

The Not Homes will be there; ready to burn some bridges!!!!!!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 4:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 14:26, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I am a little confused here, as well. Will the beach burn be "Fun" and will there be enough "Fun" for everybody. It seems at some of these events there is always someone hogging up all the "Fun" and there isn't enough to go around. I am just checking.

Just like any party, the host usually anticipates and provides all the "Fun" that is needed. Of course, it is never a bad idea to bring along some "Fun" with you. As a matter of fact, I know that I am planning on bringing some extra "Fun" as my side dish.

Hope that helps.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 5:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bro!! So I'll bring some "Fun" you bring some "Fun" and hope that there is plenty of "Fun" for everyone. If you see anybody having too much "Fun" stop them and tell them to share.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2008-07-21 5:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 17:07, The Sperm Whale wrote:
So I'll bring some "Fun" you bring some "Fun" and hope that there is plenty of "Fun" for everyone. If you see anybody having too much "Fun" stop them and tell them to share.

SoccerTiki says, "Now that's FUNNY!!"

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 07:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 16:03, Riptide wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-21 14:26, The Sperm Whale wrote:

Just like any party, the host usually anticipates and provides all the "Fun" that is needed. Of course, it is never a bad idea to bring along some "Fun" with you. As a matter of fact, I know that I am planning on bringing some extra "Fun" as my side dish.

Hope that helps.

Just keep your "fun" in a inconspicuous container.

Hope this doesn't help.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 18:04, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-16 09:26, Hakalugi wrote:
Sounds good! Tell us about (or show us) the Tiki's that are slated to burn.

If that question wasn't toned in your normal sarcasm them I think you brought up a good point! Let's have a contest for the best/worst wood tiki 2 feet tall or smaller brought to be burned!
I'll throw in a prize for the best and one for the worst. But they must be hand made by the owner.

Oh GOODY! I'm coming and I'm bringin the Mister's first attempt at carving... he insists on keeping it around the pool and it's SO not tiki- it looks like a poor Eskimo boy's first attempt at totem carving using a wooly mammoth jaw bone! It's right at 2 feet tall and oughta burn up nice and quick- seriously dried out palm- and the added ugly factor-make it highly flammable! Not to mention, I've been soaking it in lighter fluid for a few years and "accidentally" leaving it near the fire pit... but no luck with a conflagration yet.

We'll be the ones in the Family Truckster (That there's a 'recreational vehicle' Clark!) adorned with too many hibiscus stickers. Can't miss us, even if ya wanted to.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-07-23 11:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 18:04, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-16 09:26, Hakalugi wrote:
Sounds good! Tell us about (or show us) the Tiki's that are slated to burn.

If that question wasn't toned in your normal sarcasm them I think you brought up a good point! Let's have a contest for the best/worst wood tiki 2 feet tall or smaller brought to be burned!
I'll throw in a prize for the best and one for the worst. But they must be hand made by the owner.

2 feet tall or smaller? Why the height restriction?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-07-24 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The beach patrol will give us a hard time if we burn anything too big! Last time we had to pull a five foot tiki OUT of the fire while it was flaming! But I have a feeling the flames will be massive later into the evening!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2008-07-24 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-16 13:06, tikiyaki wrote:
Pardon my ignorance on this...Whay are you burning perfectly good Tikis ?

I'll take if you guys don't want em'.

That Tiki was a Survivor!! WooHoo!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-07-25 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 16:20, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

The beach patrol will give us a hard time if we burn anything too big! Last time we had to pull a five foot tiki OUT of the fire while it was flaming! ...

Is a two foot limit a restriction defined by the 'beach patrol'? or is this an arbitrary number, nevertheless, I do understand the concerns. If the two foot height IS a strict limit defined by law, is this two feet measured from the base of the fire pit or from the top edge of the rim? I think there is some wiggle room here and we shouldn't unnecessarily squelch things.

So let's not make this a call for tiny two foot Tikis, this is a call for ANY and ALL Tiki contributions. The bigger the better.

So if someone has a taller Tiki they want to burn, bring it. Three feet tall? Absolutely. Four feet tall? Sure.. maybe just lay it down on the fire sideways. Five feet or taller? BRING IT! We can always chop it into smaller pieces before tossing it on the flames.

I'll bring an axe for people to use. If someone can bring a chainsaw, even better.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-25 09:10 am   Permalink

Extra points if it was carved by Tiki Ray!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-07-25 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

The beach patrol will give us a hard time if we burn anything too big! Last time we had to pull a five foot tiki OUT of the fire while it was flaming! ...

Is a two foot limit a restriction defined by the 'beach patrol'? or is this an arbitrary number, nevertheless, I do understand the concerns. If the two foot height IS a strict limit defined by law, is this two feet measured from the base of the fire pit or from the top edge of the rim? I think there is some wiggle room here and we shouldn't unnecessarily squelch things.

So let's not make this a call for tiny two foot Tikis, this is a call for ANY and ALL Tiki contributions. The bigger the better.

So if someone has a taller Tiki they want to burn, bring it. Three feet tall? Absolutely. Four feet tall? Sure.. maybe just lay it down on the fire sideways. Five feet or taller? BRING IT! We can always chop it into smaller pieces before tossing it on the flames.

I'll bring an axe for people to use. If someone can bring a chainsaw, even better.

[/quote]

2 feet is arbitrary...(There is ALWAYS wiggle-room!) The height of the flames will determine whether we get busted or not.... Actually I'm counting on seeing another infamous Bamboo Ben creation go up in flames! (And there's NO WAY it'll be less than 2 feet!) BUT....for the Best/Worst contest...let's keep it close to 2 feet and your own creation.

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2008-07-25 09:45 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation