FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LA Home Tiki Bar Tour Aug 9th PICS PAGE 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
LA Home Tiki Bar Tour Aug 9th PICS PAGE 3
Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-11 9:01 pm   Permalink

This looked like a blast!

I need to find a way to force Tiki on Houstonians

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Kona

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:19 pm   Permalink

More pics with my silly bamboo frames and a touch of Photoshop. I paid a lot of moolah for that program and will milk every dime I can out of it!

View Profile of Joe Kona Send a personal message to Joe Kona  Email Joe Kona Goto the website of Joe Kona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 1:48 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for letting us in to your homes to see some of the most amazing tiki-bars and some of the most unique homes along with good drinks and munchies. Murph, thank you for organizing this whole event and for doing such a great job. I had the best time.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 9:22 pm   Permalink

Some very nice pictures of the crawl were posted on Lotta Living. Here is a link:

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=71435#71435

Hope that everyone has fun at the Oasis!!

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-15 08:00 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Joe...and thanks for posting the great pictures...more more more.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 10:22 pm   Permalink

Wow! Now that was the way to spend International Tiki Day!
I hope everyone had as much fun attending the tour as I did putting it together.
I met so many new friends it was unbelievable.
I want to thank the bar owners for opening up their awesome Tiki bars and homes to 56 crazy tikifiles
and I especially want to thank Mark and Gem Noland for all their help!
There would not have a been a tour without the "Noland Team".
And I don't want to forget to thank Eric October "tobunga" for all the great graphics work he did for the tour, ya got skillz Eric.
And lastly the most important thanks goes to all the guests on the tour... because without you there would not have been a tour!
Though I would have probably ridden the bus alone to check out the amazing home bars
And as everyone on the tour knows I think we can officially call the tour a smashing success (I think the bus company was able to get the window replaced without too much hassle)
See you guys on the 2nd Annual Home Tiki Bar Tour.

P.S thanks Gary for the photos... My camera was the only thing that went awry on the tour.

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2008-08-20 09:29 ]

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 4:26 pm   Permalink

WOW! You don't see houses like that in Massachusetts! I so want to move to CA!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 6:24 pm   Permalink

C'mon out the water's fine!

MN

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 10:49 pm   Permalink

Another set of pictures. Can't have too many pics
thanks Darrell.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly! Some of those places are amazing! That looks like a fantastic time with a great bunch of people. Congrats on a very cool looking event.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-06 1:06 pm   Permalink

Hi Murph,
I just tripped over this thread of yours from - FIVE years ago (?!) and wondered whatever happened to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. annual L.A. home tiki bar tours?

Mahalo,
Glenn

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 5:43 pm   Permalink

Hi Glenn, The cost of insurance for this event killed it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation