FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 2:35 pm   Permalink

Just a thread to see who gets called back to purchase the Kevin and Jody Fountain. If you've already received your order or phonecall, please post it up here so we can track the timeline and progress.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 10:51 am   Permalink

I was in Disneyana Tuesday (7/22) and no word on fountains as of yet.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-27 09:34 am   Permalink

i'm going to D'land today (Sunday, 7/27)and will check in and report back.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2008-07-27 6:29 pm   Permalink

well, i have some news. the cast member that i was told was the "expert" in Disneyana told me this. they thought the "first" shipment would be arriving at the end of July. now it looks like it will be sometime mid-August. she said that anyone who is on the call list will be contacted with this first shipment's arrival. she estimated that we would have our fountains "in about a month". NOW, for the interesting part for anyone who was unable to get to Disneyland that day and be put on the list. this young lady told me that there will be a second shipment, probably in October, and that they hope to be able to have some fountains to sell in the Disneyana shop from that second shipment. I think that is some pretty exciting news for all the people watching the ebay auctions and despairing of being able to get a fountain affordably. My advice to all of those tiki lovers would be to wait patiently, and hopefully you'll have a great new fountain for the holidays. i'll keep posting if i hear anything new.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 2:50 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! I just received a call from a Disney Cast Member regarding the Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain. She took my credit card information and said that my fountain would be shipped out to me the week of Aug. 20th. Shipping is free and both artists are going to sign the fountain

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

Just received my call. August 20-22. Can't wait!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 11:02 am   Permalink

Just got my call today at 11:00am....They are definately working their way down the list! No shipping charges either... They are also having Kevin and Jody sign them for us, hence the delay. They have some fountains in already, but they need to be signed. I'm a little more at ease, and glad that list wasn't a sham afterall! haha

Also, an FYI from another website. The standard batteries are not good to use, and it was recommended to try to use lithium batteries. It increases the fountain's water height via the pump being more powerful, and last a bit longer than the akaline. I've heard life expectancy on akalines are around 5 hours of runtime.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-07-31 11:07 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddabob

Posted: 2008-07-31 11:12 am   Permalink

I just received my call !!! As mentioned , shipping 8/20. I guess we can relax now. Time to take a deep breath Tom.

View Profile of buddabob Send a personal message to buddabob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sync

Posted: 2008-08-01 12:02 pm   Permalink

Just got my call today. Same story, so things are lookin' good. CC will be charged on Mon 8/4, shipping expected around 8/20, all fountains to be signed by the artists.

View Profile of Sync Send a personal message to Sync  Goto the website of Sync     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-01 1:43 pm   Permalink

If what THEDICAS heard is true, that mean they must have more than enough fountains for everyone on the list? I mean, if they can't even fulfill all the people on their list, they won't have any left for sale at Disneyana in October...... unless they are making more than 600.

I wonder how many people put their name on the waiting list that day.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-01 13:43, wishyouwell wrote:
I wonder how many people put their name on the waiting list that day.

The Event Merchandise employee said they were only filling the list to 500.
In other words:
The day of the event had approximately 40 fountains onhand for that day.
That means the employee walked the line taking orders only until she took the 460th fountain order and closed it(she did take orders totaling the 500LE). She did not continue taking the list over the 460th fountain. I asked the castmember specifically, and she said she was tallying the number of fountains every 5-10 people to keep an accurate track of numbers, to guarantee lineholders a fountain, and to avoid an oversell. I don't think any fountains will be left over to be sold at Disneyana or Delivears, since the list was filled on the day of the event.
Also, if they decided to make more than the 500(actually 460, since 40 were sold the day of the event) LE pieces, Disney could be held liable for false representation of their merchandise. I wouldn't think that Disney would open up that can of worms, but you never know!

Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 08:57 am   Permalink

A fountain just sold on ebay last night for $580.00+ shipping, 11 bids ....rediculous....On a brighter note, I also wanted to add that maybe some people might have changed their minds who were on the list, which would free up some fountains for Disneyana sales. That could be a strong possibility. I would say to call Delivears ( 1-800-362-4533) on Monday if you were not an attendee that day, or didn't make it on the list. I would think that the callbacks should be close to complete by now.

tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 12:34 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure if this adds any fuel to the fire but....

I was also at the park the day of the event and stuck it out for 3 hours. Nobody told us about a list, and my name wasn't taken down at that time. I did call Deliverears a day or two later and found out they were still taking orders for the fountains, apparently since they did not receive the original list of names when I called. I told the castmember I was in the line but not on the list, and she took my order, but didn't ask for a receipt number for the purchases I made that day to verify I was there (although I certainly could have).

So I called Deliverears earlier this week to see if I was still on the list, I was told I would 'probably' be getting one in the second shipment in October, and my order was in the system as a backorder.

What I take from this is that Disney did not max out the waiting list on the day of the event, and that if you called within a day or two after, you would still have a chance to get a fountain as well.

While there is certainly a lot of interest in the fountain, 500 is actually quite a lot of anything if you think about it. Of course, I'll know for sure if and when my 'probably' becomes a 'definitely'.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-02 2:16 pm   Permalink

That's interesting.

Maybe they have the limited edition and then some open edition, like those Robert Olszewski miniture models. (I never understand the different)
BTW - he is making a Enchanted Tiki Room Gallery of Light if anyone interested.

[ This Message was edited by: wishyouwell 2008-08-02 14:18 ]

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2008-08-02 5:35 pm   Permalink

i'm getting a little antsy since i haven't gotten my call yet. but i was pretty far back in line and maybe they stopped calling for the weekend?!?! (i hope, i hope . . .) anyone get a call since Friday?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation