FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 10:12 am   Permalink

Well maybe for those who didn't get put on the list, maybe they maxed out before they reached you. Just a thought. I recieved my call on Friday at 11:30 Am which is funny because I missed the call because I was at Disneyland. But I called them back yesterday and I am set, I know that when I got in line I was the 112th person in line and I was standing in front of the clothing shop on the second half of the street if that helps anyone to figure out where they ran out of them for the list, just see how much further back you were, also keep in mind some people might have asked for 2 fountains which would make it max out at person #230. I only got one so someone else could enjoy one. But they were asking us if we wanted one or two. Either way I hope that everyone in line gets one.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-05 2:44 pm   Permalink

Well if it takes them three days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) to get to the 112th person on the list, it prob be another week before they get to you if you are on the back of the line. Don't worry too much.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 2:49 pm   Permalink

An update from my mom, she made the trip from Denver for the Tiki Room merchandise.

She was in line and added to the list for the fountain and just received her call last Thursday but missed it and finally connected today (8/5). The information from the one person handling the orders when you call back is that ALMOST everyone has been called, and they are waiting on some calls back from those who did not answer. After reading the threads here, she asked questions and was told Yes, there will be a SECOND shipment in September, but that shipment is PART of the 500 limited edition and that there is no plan for any shipment/orders for an additional casting edition. Disney’s shipment is just coming in two parts. The fountains were just signed yesterday by Kevin and Jody. They are processing the credit cards orders this week. The fountain is expected to ship via UPS the 20th (with delivery signature required), and they are offering to give you the tracking number if you call Thursday (the following day). Also, no shipping charges. They have made calls for only the number of fountains they can fill with this shipment. If you haven’t been called, you’re no doubt in shipment #2 in September.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-06 8:57 pm   Permalink

thanks for the "pep talks". I did get my call on Monday, but didn't get the message until i got home from work. i called back the next day and they took all my info. yipee!!

BTW, i keep forgetting to tell you all that the day i was at D'land, they had a new "pocket pal" from the Tiki Room at Disneyana. this one is even more awesome than the first (Pele). i'd post a pic, but i don't know how. one of these days i'll figure it out . . .

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 9:54 pm   Permalink

Would it be this one that Colddeadfish.net posted?

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-06 21:54 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2008-08-07 08:49 am   Permalink

that would be it. awesome, no? 'course now i have another excuse for not learning how to post pix . . .

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-07 1:34 pm   Permalink

Oh cool, how much is this one?
I hope it is not limited edition. I am tired of that game.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas

Posted: 2008-08-08 1:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Wishyouwell,
if i recall correctly, it was $20. it has a "secret" magnetized pull-out compartment that is the perfect size for holding two or three hand-rolled cigarettes, if you know what i mean . . wink, wink.

i'm sure it IS limited edition, but i don't think they're selling out too fast. no fanfare associated with their release. if you want one, PM me and i'll check for one next time i'm there. or you can call DelivEars.

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 4:36 pm   Permalink

I got my phone call from Disney about a week ago from being put on the list in the looongggg line at the event. But at least they called back as promised! I only ordered one for my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom. I hope everyone who ordered one gets their's! I'll post some photos of my bathroom as soon as I get the fountain up and running! And hey, does it run on batteries, plug in or both plug in and batteries? A cast member at the event said only plug in, but I saw an earlier post about using lithium batteries. What's the scoop? Aloha!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 09:26 am   Permalink

Unfortunately it only runs on batteries. Both would have been cool. I'm leary about batteries only, and am looking into converting it to run off of household current.
Check these topics out.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29174&forum=5

http://micechat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2908910&postcount=11

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 09:48 am   Permalink

Thanks Tom for answering my question about the power source! Actually, I'm very happy about the battery power as it would have been REALLY difficult to have an AC cord where I'm displaying it in my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom. It's an apartment bathroom and the wall outlet isn't where I need it for the fountain, so this will work out great! I'll be posting photos very soon!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 11:04 pm   Permalink

They should be shipping the first boat load signed By Kev and Jody this week!
I'm looking foward to seeing this up and running in person! Anyone want to upload the un-butchered full show in mp3 format? hahaha (hint)
If anyone get theirs in, and running, let me( or all of us) know how it turns out!
I can hear the tiki drummers now.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-17 23:05 ]

Redondo Tiki

Posted: 2008-08-18 12:02 pm   Permalink

We called today and they said they only got a limited supply in the second shipment and we don't know when the next shipment is. Maybe they were hedging their bets, but I'm not sure.

View Profile of Redondo Tiki Send a personal message to Redondo Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buddabob

Posted: 2008-08-21 11:03 am   Permalink

Received my fountain today at my home. At work now so I will have to wait to see it. Shipped this week like I was told. What a surprise !!!!

View Profile of buddabob Send a personal message to buddabob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-21 1:37 pm   Permalink

Does that mean we will start seeing loads of fountains pop up on ebay?? LOL

I see 4 so far......

[ This Message was edited by: wishyouwell 2008-08-21 19:11 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation