FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Bike Owner's Club
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Bike Owner's Club
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 10:29 am   Permalink

maybe some day I too will be able to be in the club *wink* wink*
we'll see

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-22 9:11 pm   Permalink

You are correct Cammo that setting priorities in life are important. I would love to ride my bike but unfortunately I have a very bad back that only gets worse as the years go on. My priorities are maintaining a full time job and avoiding a wheelchair as long as I can. I used to enjoy riding bikes, golfing, and tennis, but I am lucky if I can walk a city block now without being in intense pain. But such is life, I do the best I can to get around. I look at it this way...coin collectors don't spend their coins, but they get pleasure by looking at them...I can't ride my bike, but I enjoy seeing it in my lounge. If you are ever in the Sacramento area, give me a shout and come on by...take my bike off the ceiling and give it a spin around the neighborhood...it would make me and my bike happy. I look forward to your pics.

Sneaky...sounds like you have a Von Franco in your future...woo hoo!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 06:52 am   Permalink

Thanks for the explanation, VP. You're forgiven. I still think you should call the thread the "Tiki Bike Owners Club".

Mainly cause I have a Tiki Bike. It's an Electra Black Assasin (all aluminum tubes, 7 speed, center pull brakes, fatboy tires) that I've customized with... well, I'll post some pictures soon. But here's the deal - it's built to RIDE.

Hey HEWEY, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take the classic Highway 101 Malcolm Merriweather WestCoast-California-Dippy Hippie-Motorcycle-Zen Garden-Tiki Tour.

It's gonna start at Del Mar, and end at Caldwell's Antiques somewhere in Leucadia. Caldwell's is incredibly famous for having "The Strange Thing" in a box. "The Strange Thing" is the strangest thing you'll ever see in your entire life. It's only 25 cents to see it, but I'll take pictures. In fact I'll take pictures of the entire run, cause it's gonna be fun.

Anyway, Hewster, you gotta do the same wherever you are - take yer bike for a run to somewhere half-assed interesting and take a few shots. Anybody else who wants to get in on the action, YOU TOO!

I'm polishing and greasing the "Black Hibiscus" today.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 10:58 am   Permalink

Changed the name.....great idea Cammo. Your Black Hibiscus sounds intriguing.

Forgot to say also...those were wonderful pictures of your bike in action Hewey. I loved the one you took of the back wheel on the move. I could feel the wind blowing through my hair on that one.

Wow...
this looks way kewl.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 3:00 pm   Permalink

maybe once its together I'll post more pics.. but its cold out ny way (right now) to be riding it!

good times

Is there a secret - bell-ring or handshake or horn blast I should know?

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-13 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-11 15:00, sneakyjack wrote:
Is there a secret - bell-ring or handshake or horn blast I should know?

Just a grin and a thumbs up as you pass each other on the boardwalk

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 12:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-23 06:52, Cammo wrote:
It's an Electra Black Assasin (all aluminum tubes, 7 speed, center pull brakes, fatboy tires)

Hey Cammo, Center pull brakes are late 70's- 80's technology and are probably not on your bike, if the cable is horizontal between the calipers they are commonly known as "V-Brakes" and are around 60% more efficient than center pulls.. center pull have the main cable running vertically down then splitting into two to the calipers hence the name. just thought I would share that bit of bike tech....
Cheers..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-14 4:31 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo...way to go sneakyjack!!!

Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 10:45 pm   Permalink

Well, it's not the Taboo Tiki but it is still a pretty sweet ride and a heap of fun.
It's a work in progress... I'd love to have the fenders pinstriped and maybe paint the rims too.

My favorite accessory... She squeeks!

Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 03:26 am   Permalink

I once had a girlfriend who squeaked like that... met her off the coast of Barbados...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-18 03:55 am   Permalink

Some pics of both my bikes

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-18 04:31 am   Permalink

Hey Hewey, I love the collection of lanterns you have hanging up there. But is that a cam/lifter you got up there also? Now that's an odd decorating technique. But it does work!

Oh yeah Tiki Royale, and the hula on the bike, not sure about that. I think a tiki is better. But I bet the young girls will like it.

[Over the hill and scraping my way up the other side, but I'll be damned if I'm going down with out a fight!]
MYSPACE

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2009-01-18 15:07 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-18 05:25 am   Permalink

"Hey Cammo, Center pull brakes are blah blah blah late 70's- 80's technology and are probably not on your bike, if the cable is horizontal between the calipers they are commonly known as "V-Brakes" etc. and not only that but also you'll be interested to know that some more stuff like they are around 60% more efficient than center pulls. And in case you got nothing else to do you can read some more of this freakin' detail crap like center pull have the main cable running vertically down then splitting into two to the calipers hence the name. Blah blah blah brakes blah center bla bla calipers blah bla blah"

What he f&%# are you talkin' about????
You gettin' stir crazy on that leetle island?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-18 2:27 pm   Permalink

Hewey... schweet rides buddy!

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gooberfreek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-01 12:06 am   Permalink

Ooo Ooo I want one! I want one... and how cool is that hibiscus tread!!! OMG where can I get one of these??? I've been after a cruiser / low rider for ages...

View Profile of Gooberfreek Send a personal message to Gooberfreek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation