FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Marketplace ╗ ╗ Tiki Moai Skateboard (Zeta's International Marketplace )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Moai Skateboard (Zeta's International Marketplace )
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-19 00:08, Zeta wrote:
From the legendary Mauna Loa in San Geronimo, Mexico City...

Never seen before, Suzie Wong mug...

Super rare mug will be posted on the ebay jungle soon... TC'ers last chance to bid/trade first!

The Covarrubias book is going to hit ebay soon too!

Be warned!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-04 12:11, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-28 16:02, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-14 21:53, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wish I could read Spanish. I bought this book in 1993 because there were no illustrated books on Covarrubias' work out in English at that point:

Last copy of this book... It is really nice with a lot of images, practically impossible to find now, out of print. If anyone is interested in buying or trading, contact me.

Make your best offer!

Avilable for TC'ers first!
Tomorrow Ebay!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-08 8:20 pm   Permalink

Rare coconut mug spainish tiki bar house of ming madrid first time on ebay. Ends tomorrow!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270674010374&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-09 1:37 pm   Permalink

2 hours 45 minutes left...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-12 11:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 11:37, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 00:08, Zeta wrote:
From the legendary Mauna Loa in San Geronimo, Mexico City...

Never seen before, Suzie Wong mug...

Super rare mug will be posted on the ebay jungle soon... TC'ers last chance to bid/trade first!

The Covarrubias book is going to hit ebay soon too!

Be warned!

On ebay right now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270679286099

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 4:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-24 10:40, Zeta wrote:

Vintage Spanish minibook with some tikis.
Trade or sell

Quote:

On 2010-01-27 14:52, Zeta wrote:
Illustration from a vintage mini book made in Spain

The map is a copy from the Covarrubias "Pageant of the Pacific"

This item is for sale on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270679970767

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-15 11:07 am   Permalink

Maori two face tiki mug spanish vintage super rare posted yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maori-face-tiki-vintage-2-sidepockets-porcelain-spanish-/270680426263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f05cf8717

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-20 10:01 am   Permalink

BUY MY STUFF!!!

NOW!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 10:39 am   Permalink

Zeta: Such high starting bids are a turn-off for e-bay bidders in general, always were. Much more so in the current American economy. And since this is still the main market for Tiki, Spanish and otherwise, you gotta be realistic about the way it works here.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-21 10:53 am   Permalink

Tiki is not realistic. Collecting international vintage tiki mugs is not realistic. I am not selling to the realistic "Joe the bidder". SERIOUS COLLECTORS ONLY.

If anyone has any vintage mugs from Mexico or Spain that I don't have already, I will happily pay the same prices I am asking for. I would trade too.

I will not lower the prices. Ever. These are unique mugs that took me years to find in the wilderness of Spain and Mexico. Worth every penny. Awesome antiques are not cheap.

It surprises me that a pop historian like yourself fail to see the importance of these historic pieces... If ultra rare vintage international tiki mugs are not worth a couple hundred dollars, collecting tiki sucks.

No one has them. The mug manufacturer is a complete mystery for everyone. (except me ) Key pieces of the worldwide tiki puzzle. This are the originals, not copies like the ones you sold (at high prices) a few years ago with your Kon-Id brand. (back in the day, how much you sold the Maori face replica for?)

Sorry, no bargains here, they are not that expensive either. I repeat, I would pay the same prices if someone was selling something similar. But nobody is. Supply and demand. I'm the sole provider. I set the prices.

We will see...

Let the buyers decide.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-20 10:39, bigbrotiki wrote:
Zeta: Such high starting bids are a turn-off for e-bay bidders in general, always were. Much more so in the current American economy. And since this is still the main market for Tiki, Spanish and otherwise, you gotta be realistic about the way it works here.

Zeta, the above was in no way suggesting that your pieces are not WORTH these prices. I was merely trying to inform you of the market forces on American e-bay and suggest a possible reason why there are no bids on them yet.

I am happy for you that you do not have to sell them for less and do not have to care if they sell or not. I miss-interpreted your "BUY MY STUFF- NOW!" post as being desperate (which I am glad you are not!), or being baffled why no one was bidding. I wanted to explain, and give advice. Some folks here are selling their precious cargo because they have to make next month's rent. That's why I sell if I sell any of my stuff, and I so am happy with whatever cash I get when I need it.

So I wish you well with getting your price, it IS indeed absolutely possible that some well-moneyed collector will happily pay that. Because folks, everything Zeta is saying about the rarity and scarceness of the pieces is true, these are not your average Tiki ceramics.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-22 07:10 am   Permalink

Thank you BigBrotiki!

4 HOURS FOR THE AUCTION TO END! BID HARD! BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT!

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 12:19 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-12-22 13:34 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-22 12:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2010-12-22 14:05 ]

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 1:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-12-22 16:46 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation