FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events *** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
*** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-10 10:51 pm   Permalink

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA & SQUID TIKI MUG / ART RETROSPECTIVE

6:00 September 20, 2008 at Kona in Huntington Beach.

The Tikiyaki Orchestra presents an evening of music, munchies, mai tais, merriment and mugs!

The evening will feature:

-Two full live sets of Tikiyaki tunes!

-Full buffet dinner

-Plus the official 8 year tiki mug/art retrospective, "Squid: Squlptures and Sqribbles 2000 - 2008".... and a bunch of crap he did before then!

Enter the Hidden Village and see a nearly complete (as far as we can figure) collection of Squid's tiki mugs from 2000 til now.

Over 200 mugs and ceramic stuff!! Also on display will be many of his original sculptures used in the production of mugs and toys, as well as concept drawings and doodles!

The retrospective is bravely curated by none other than the Mistress of Mugs, Tiki-Kate and includes items from her collection as well as from the collection of co-conspirator Ron Senso (ron-tiki).

And as for the paper crap, our own Marty Lush is serving as Her Majesty's Most Obsequious Minister Of All That Is Not Of The 3-D Realm. As far as we know (and we don't know much), this quantity of Squid's work has never been assembled in one joint before, so don't miss it!

SCHEDULE:

6:00 PM
The buffet... er ...um...Smorgasbord begins and will include:
Kalua Pork
Chicken Tikiyaki
Ceviche
Vegetables
Salad
Artichoke Dip
Mashed Potatoes
Fried Rice
Rolls and Butter
Kahlua Mousse Dessert

7:30 PM
Tikiyaki Orchestra will begin first tiki-drenched set.

9:00 PM (approx.)
Tikiyaki kicks into high gear with 2nd set!
------------------------------------------------------------

Reservation Information
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!

RESERVED SEATING
$20 for reserve table seating includes all you can eat buffet. Reservations require a $10 deposit, by phone only. Call KONA @ 562.592.1321 to make the reservation.
No online reservations will be accepted for this event. YOU CAN NOT RESERVE A TABLE WITHOUT PURCHASING THE BUFFET.

GENERAL ADMISSION

$10 At the door for the performance and retrospective. This will most likely be standing room but they may bring extra bar tables and stools in if space allows. And of course, you will be welcome to dine in the restaurant area or order pu-pus from the bar.

In order to insure seating in the main banquet room where the band will be performing, call early. The first reservations will be seated in the Banquet Room, then the additional table reservations will go into the Hidden Village.

--------------------------------------------------------
BIG BONUS!!!!
Everyone attending will receive the "Comprehensive Field Guide to Squid Crap, More or Less", with detailed information that nobody in their right mind should ever commit to memory. Really. If you do it will scare us.

So whet your whistle, chow down, fill your ears and pop your eyeballs at Kona on September 20!!

KONA
16278 S. Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92649

http://www.konahb.com/ 562.592.1321

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-08-12 08:17 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 12:34 am   Permalink

OH MY TIKI GODS!!!! Tikiyaki back at Kona?!? I'm SO there!!! Let's hope the fuzz doesn't bust up THIS event too... it would be a shame to see eight years of Squid's exquisite sculptures smashed to smithereens under a riot-geared goon-squad!

Although maybe the Tikiyaki Orchestra and Squid can accept the challenge to have the first art show in history to be shut down by the police!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 07:22 am   Permalink

!$%!!!!ing

Sh!%%#&** !!! !!!!

Arrrrrr@!!!!!!!

Might be up north werkin.

Damn the Tiki gods!!!!!

Arr RRR !!!!!!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 09:00 am   Permalink

Tikiyaki, Squid art....AND all you can eat food? WHY DOES #%&$! KONA NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES AT 8:30 AM!!!

Sorry, lost composure there for a second...see y'all on the 20th.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 09:49 am   Permalink

no smashed sculptures or mugs pleeeeaaaasse!!!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 09:49, ron-tiki wrote:
no smashed sculptures or mugs pleeeeaaaasse!!!!

Yes, please! Any volunteers to stand guard in the Hidden Village would be greatly appreciated. Kate and Ron have been kind enough to loan from their collections and I would hate to see anything happen to their stuff. If interested, please PM me. I'm sure there would be a Mai Tai in it for ya!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 09:00, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Tikiyaki, Squid art....AND all you can eat food? WHY DOES #%&$! KONA NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES AT 8:30 AM!!!

Sorry, lost composure there for a second...see y'all on the 20th.

It's 10:00 now. CALL!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:10 am   Permalink

How to treat tikis.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:22 am   Permalink

And please remember that I'm still a little sensitive about the whole issue of broken mugs.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:26 am   Permalink

I suggest y'all contact the Moai Mafia as MUG security...
This is gonna be GREAT!
Squid's finally gettin some of the props he deserves!
oh yeah...and the Tikiyaki orchestra is alright too!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 10:26, little lost tiki wrote:
I suggest y'all contact the Moai Mafia as MUG security...
This is gonna be GREAT!
Squid's finally gettin some of the props he deserves!
oh yeah...and the Tikiyaki orchestra is alright too!

Soccer, Hinano....? You guys up for it ?

I'd hate for you guys to be having responsibilities while you could be havin fun tho'.

BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 11:07 am   Permalink

WOW. a squid retrospetive!?!?!?!

i am planning to crash my car into the Hidden Village in an effort to increase the value of my Squid ephemera.

i will be there with the proverbial 'bells on' and am happy to 'take a shift' on watch duty. i will even endeavor to stay sober thru aformentioned watch-shift.

t

PS; i am not looking forward to a Jamaican-themed event and the "tikiaki-jerked-chicken"

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 11:36 am   Permalink

Marty Lush.

I just felt like saying that right now for some reason.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 11:07, BigToe wrote:

PS; i am not looking forward to a Jamaican-themed event and the "tikiaki-jerked-chicken"

Nonesuch!!!!

ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 11:59 am   Permalink

This sounds great!
I definitely can't wait!

(eek, I rhymed)

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation