FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events *** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
*** Tikiyaki Orchestra & Squid Tiki Mug/Art Retrospective at KONA - Sept. 20 ***
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-16 08:13 am   Permalink

Poor Dear Squid, I think he's way too sweet to pick on. I like him just the way he is.

Does anyone know if the event is full already? Someone I know wants to go. I made my reservations weeks ago, so luck for me I am set. Appreciate the help.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
auburn hills

Posted: 2008-09-16 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Does anyone know if the event is full already? Someone I know wants to go. I made my reservations weeks ago, so luck for me I am set. Appreciate the help.

I made reservations yesterday afternoon - they should call quickly.
see ya there

View Profile of auburn hills Send a personal message to auburn hills  Goto the website of auburn hills     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-17 4:12 pm   Permalink

Yaay! can't wait till this sat!

Weeg and I made reservations ages ago!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-17 5:22 pm   Permalink

OK Folks....

If you haven't made reservations yet and are planning on going, best to get on the stick. The people at Kona are telling me that we are pretty darn near full, so don't delay. Over 250 pieces of Squidom will be on display in that little island paradise you all know and love, : The Hidden Village.

Now that it's been blessed, the mana is all good and as it should be - TIKI FILLED.

Between the Mugs, Models, 2-D art, TIKIYAKI Music, an awesome spread of Grub and Grog, this show will be one to remember.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and rockin' the house.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-18 01:31 am   Permalink

Looks like this is really taking shape! A lot of folks are pitching in to make this a fun-filled evening. Every time we think the list of squid stuff is complete.....another item pops up and gets covered by someone. Mahalos in advance for all the hard work these folks are doing!!!

Thanks to Marty Lush, everyone who attends will get a souvenir program with a squidstuff spotting guide and other completely useless information.

I will also have some stuff for sale at the event:

2 new pendants that debuted at Tiki Oasis 8.

Marcel Moai $20

Kona Kahuna $25

3 new prints done in conjunction with Bai!

"Psychotica" Limited edition of 20. 12 x 16 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 8 x 10 matted mini print $20.

"Last Call at Voodoo Village" Limited edition of 20. 15 x 15 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 12 x 12 matted mini print $20.

And just released at Tiki Magazine's Planet Rooth show...

"The Spirit Keepers" Limited edition of 20. 12 x 16 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 8 x 10 matted mini print $20.

PLUS a new original with Bai! (Photos to come...)

And a surprise from Skinny Dog Designs!

And maybe some more stuff that you'll like. So be sure to visit Hiphipahula and see what she's got stashed at the vending table.

See ya there!

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2008-09-18 09:29 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-18 09:26 am   Permalink

I think I'm gonna be sick; my brain can't handle all these Squidlicious works (new and old) in one place.

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

I am finally breathing a massive sigh of relief. The mug wrangling is complete.

I'd like to give a huge thank you to all of the kind folks who are so generously loaning pieces of their collections in support of Squid's show.

Bongofury
Bora Boris
dibroc
kingstiedye
MakeDaMug
ron-tiki
Trader Tom

Between all of us, we have been able to come up with every single mug that Squid designed, co-designed or sculpted over the past eight years that has gone into production.

In addition to all the mugs, there will be all sorts of other wacky things that Squid has designed: magnets, coasters, bathroom accessories, candle holders, lamps, ashtrays... I could go on and on, but I won't. You'll just have to come out to Kona to see it all for yourselves which is most certainly preferable to listening to me ramble about my love of ceramics. Better start cleaning out my soap dispenser now.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 07:36 am   Permalink

Looks like I can make this one, see you all there tomorrow.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 08:09 am   Permalink

Cant wait for this show- should be one great event.Congrads to Squid!!
It's about time he start getting the recognition he deserves .
See you all there.
Cheers,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 09:53 am   Permalink

Dang'git!! i'll be APEing up North....... wish i was there in a big way

SCREW IRAs!!! BUY CrazyAL!!!! Oct 18th!!

oh ya... AND SQUID TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! SATURDAY!!!
always a good investment.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 10:16 am   Permalink

Go Squid Go!

a fitting showcase and tribute to the James Brown of Tiki mugs!

HEY! Take me to the kiln! HAYAAAAH!
Get UP-AH! Get Down!and drive that funky Clay!

sorry,that was my best JB imitation...

Anyways...wouldn't miss this for the world!
Dave's finally gettin the long-overdue props he deserves!

anyone up for a Squid Celebrity Roast in the future?
hmmmmm?

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-19 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-19 10:16, little lost tiki wrote:
Dave's finally gettin the long-overdue props he deserves!

You mean SQUID sculpted all those mugs for TIKIFARM?! GROG thought it was a trained monkey in the back room! Oh wait a minute....it was SQUID, so it pretty much WAS a trained monkey.

anyone up for a Squid Celebrity Roast in the future?

Fried Calamari coming right up.

P.S. Love ya SQUID!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2008-09-19 13:25 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 1:49 pm   Permalink

the EYES have it!

SHENANIGANS!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-19 4:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-18 01:31, squid wrote:
Looks like this is really taking shape! A lot of folks are pitching in to make this a fun-filled evening. Every time we think the list of squid stuff is complete.....another item pops up and gets covered by someone. Mahalos in advance for all the hard work these folks are doing!!!

Thanks to Marty Lush, everyone who attends will get a souvenir program with a squidstuff spotting guide and other completely useless information.

I will also have some stuff for sale at the event:

2 new pendants that debuted at Tiki Oasis 8.

Marcel Moai $20

Kona Kahuna $25

3 new prints done in conjunction with Bai!

"Psychotica" Limited edition of 20. 12 x 16 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 8 x 10 matted mini print $20.

"Last Call at Voodoo Village" Limited edition of 20. 15 x 15 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 12 x 12 matted mini print $20.

And just released at Tiki Magazine's Planet Rooth show...

"The Spirit Keepers" Limited edition of 20. 12 x 16 image Giclee on watercolor paper $70. 8 x 10 matted mini print $20.

PLUS a new original with Bai! (Photos to come...)

And a surprise from Skinny Dog Designs!

And maybe some more stuff that you'll like. So be sure to visit Hiphipahula and see what she's got stashed at the vending table.

See ya there!

mmmm...squidsnax!

I WILL be peddling the fantastic art works and SquidStuff by Squid & Bai at the vending table so Please stop by say Aloha & have a look! Be first on the block to own some of the FIRST Squid & Bai stuff before it's gone and say "I bought this back when" I bet you will even be able to have Squid & Bai personally sign your collectibles! See ya There!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-19 7:41 pm   Permalink

It's really coming together now. The mugs are gathered, the Field Guides are being printed, and today Ron and dibroc did a great job assembling the display shelves that Ron designed.

Here's how we found the Hidden Village.

The assembly process.

I got to use the pneumatic stapler.

Nearly finished...

Can't wait to see them covered with mugs.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation