FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-26 10:49, tikiyaki wrote:
On a positive note...the guy who's playing Dan-O, is on Entourage this season and he's great. This guy seems to play the wise ass, balbuster, so expect more of that from Dan-O. Not really true to the original, but the guy's a good actor anyway.

I think he is James Caan,s son.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-26 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-26 11:15, Iokona Ki'i wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 10:49, tikiyaki wrote:
On a positive note...the guy who's playing Dan-O, is on Entourage this season and he's great. This guy seems to play the wise ass, balbuster, so expect more of that from Dan-O. Not really true to the original, but the guy's a good actor anyway.

I think he is James Caan,s son.

Wow...you're right.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004790/bio

Now that I look at him...he looks ALOT like his dad.

Nepotism seems to Hollywood now.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 4:09 pm   Permalink

I've been tapped to review and compare the new H5O with the classic in the next issue of Tiki Magazine. Praise Jack Lord and pass the ammo.
btw if you're a fan of the original series, you'll want to check out my Movie Nite at Tiki Oasis next month, 8/21. Be there. Aloha.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 1:39 pm   Permalink

I saw the panel at ComiCon for the new Hawaii 5-0 series - writers, director, and a few of the cast. They answered every question right (in my opinion)- historical respect for the orginial cast and style, attention to setting (Hawaii is the 5th main character) but the clips were flat (blow this up, girl in bikini, blow that up, bad cop-good cop).

Oh, and Kono is a girl.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-27 10:54 pm   Permalink

I'm still not holding out much hope for this one. Trying to keep an open mind, but not fond of remakes as they seldom capture the flavor of the original. And really now...there is NO...I repeat NO...replacement for Jack Lord!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitonga
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-28 3:34 pm   Permalink

Just saw this in Entertainment Weekly:

* Producers considered hiring a popular rock star to rerecord the iconic Hawaii theme, but they (thankfully) chose to work with the track’s original musicians instead. “You cannot change the original,” acknowledged Kurtzman. “It is the greatest theme.” And the best part? We’ll actually get to hear it! “CBS has been so supportive,” noted Lenkov, “with regards to us having a title sequence.”

So things are looking up....

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-28 4:22 pm   Permalink

I was also disappointed that the Kono character was placed with a hot girl....nothing against hot girls, but it was disappointing nonetheless.

I'll still watch it, because it's filmed in Hawaii.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-28 5:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'll still watch it, because it's filmed in Hawaii.

Ditto

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-28 7:11 pm   Permalink

That's my ditto too!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-19 7:58 pm   Permalink

SPIKE will play a bunch of Hawaii 5-O sept 20

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/08/19/spike-tv-presents-week-long-hawaii-five-0-marathon/20100819spiketv01/

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

Looks like a Hawaii Five-O marathon on Spike today 8/30/10 )

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 8:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-30 13:50, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Looks like it's on all week. I just set my DVR to record all episodes.

Sadly I don't hold out much hope for the new show. Modern network TV cop shows tend to be dreadful and formulaic. They are filled with young beautiful cops wearing $1000 suits. Even the bad guys are attractive. Worst of all, the writing is just awful. Network TV is dead.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-30 20:50, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-30 13:50, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Looks like it's on all week. I just set my DVR to record all episodes.

Sadly I don't hold out much hope for the new show. Modern network TV cop shows tend to be dreadful and formulaic. They are filled with young beautiful cops wearing $1000 suits. Even the bad guys are attractive. Worst of all, the writing is just awful. Network TV is dead.

I like The CLoser starring Kyra Sedgewick....a good show with a sense of humor.

I love Dexter too, tho, I'm not sure you could call that a "cop show".

I like Scott Caan, tho' I'm not sure I wanna see a wise-ass Dan-O...we'll see.

CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 9:40 pm   Permalink

Hey I just saw an extended preview for the new Hawaii 5-0 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-ejxJEgqE

Not only is Kono a chick, but she's played by Grace Park, who played Sharon "Boomer" Valerii (Number so well on Battlestar Galactica. I have to admit, I'm actually getting kind of excited about this show!

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 11:07 pm   Permalink

I've already seen the pilot, and it was not very entertaining. Scott Caan was quite good but Alex O'Loughlin in the Jack Lord part is wooden. This is his third cbs series and whether he is a vampire detective, a doctor, or a cop, he plays the characters the same way. Granted pilots are hard to judge a show by, they need time to get a rhythm going but this show is just so generic and offers very little of the "cool" that was the original. It pretty much borrows the names and location and recycles them into another NCIS:LA

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation