FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 5:41 pm   Permalink

Well I would like to see some improvements, more Tiki etc.
But the shows not boring at least.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 5:00 pm   Permalink

After three episodes, I find it mildly entertaining... but I don't expect much from this kind of TV. The characters are growing on me.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 5:38 pm   Permalink

Well its official, i spotted the first tikis. At 39:16 if your watching it on the CBS website on the mantle in the background on the left of the screen are 2 milo or koa wood tikis. The scene where they are watching old high school football clips of McGarrett.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 6:21 pm   Permalink

182 posts and 14 pages for this tripe.....really!? Bad acting.....bad script...in a beautiful location. Oh well, feel free to flame away on this dinosaur. It would be nice to see this much response to a thread by Sabu, Bigbro, or Dustycajun. I hope TC is not doomed to this crap but by most recent posts I am afraid it is. Ah progress.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 6:24 pm   Permalink

Book-ummmmm Danno?

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 6:40 pm   Permalink

I actually don't mind the show and have been looking forward to it each week but the McGarrett guy (Alex O'Loughlin) has more ridicules facial expressions in one episode then Jack Lord had in all of his 12 seasons combined.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 11:26 pm   Permalink

I'm growing to hate this show. It's violent, the stories are full of holes, the technology is fake as hell, the two lead actors need to learn to shave and stop dressing like douchebags, and worst of all the show furthers a message that anything that a cop does 'in the line of duty' like torturing a suspect, acting without search warrants etc is just peachy. It's as bad as anything on the big four dinosaur network TV.

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-10-05 23:28 ]

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 11:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-05 23:26, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
I'm growing to hate this show. It's violent, the stories are full of holes, the technology is fake as hell, the two lead actors need to learn to shave and stop dressing like douchebags, and worst of all the show furthers a message that anything that a cop does 'in the line of duty' like torturing a suspect, acting without search warrants etc is just peachy. It's as bad as anything on the big four dinosaur network TV.

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-10-05 23:28 ]

Ditto Danno!!!

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-13 11:20 am   Permalink

I'm still watching because of my assignment to compare both series for Tiki Magazine, but it's a tough slog so far. The character updates are all so boring and generic. I hate the fact they keep making fun of Danno wearing a tie, though it's authentic, I guess - it just points up the sartorial inferiority of this era compared with the original's. O'Loughlin or whatever is just generic beefcake, bringing no distinction or personality to the role of McGarrett whatsoever, and Caan's wiseass Danno is just plain annoying. They did make good use of Diamondhead and other locations in last week's episode (%4), and they're finally calling themselves Five-O, but the way they arrived at that name is SO lame. It's essentially just anther generic buddy cop show. Remember the original was originally called "The Man." They should call this one "The Boys, and One Girl." At least Hawaii is intact thought they mostly implement quick cut long shots of beaches and the skylines, to remind you of the setting, and it's great to hear the theme song, though it seems oddly incongruous in this modernized context. Also, any one of the cookie cutter plots used so far could've been used on the original, so that's good, in a way. Curious to see if they bring back Wo Fat, in a PC version. Probably turn him into a hot chick like they did with Kono. Yawn.

Anyway, here's the tiki-centric cover art of the real H50's season 10 DVD set, due out in December. Be there. Aloha.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 08:49 am   Permalink

Curious to see if they bring back Wo Fat, in a PC version. Probably turn him into a hot chick like they did with Kono. Yawn.
-----------------------------------------------

Paging Lucy Liu.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-05 18:21, bongofury wrote:
182 posts and 14 pages for this tripe.....really!? Bad acting.....bad script...in a beautiful location. Oh well, feel free to flame away on this dinosaur. It would be nice to see this much response to a thread by Sabu, Bigbro, or Dustycajun. I hope TC is not doomed to this crap but by most recent posts I am afraid it is. Ah progress.....

Agree. Just watched the first episode and it has lots of 'splosions & fast editing, but the characters seem forced & stuff. I imagine it took awhile to warm to the original 5-O series when it first aired, but I just have better things to do than watch mediocre TV nowadays.

But granted, TV's more accessible than an Oceanic Arts cataloque and easier to wrap a conversation around than say the history of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Tiki, so it'll get more hits, but I hear what you're sayin...

To the U-Mod!!

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 09:25 am   Permalink

Another thing worth mentioning is how bland the episode titles have gotten in the reboot, before we had great ones like

Thousand Pardons -- You're Dead
Bored, She Hung Herself
And They Painted Daisies On His Coffin
No Bottles... No Cans... No People...
Pig In A Blanket

and now it's all

Malama Ka Aina
Ohana
Nalowale
Ko'olauloa

at least we still have McGarrett's car

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-05 23:26, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
...the show furthers a message that anything that a cop does 'in the line of duty' like torturing a suspect, acting without search warrants etc is just peachy.

This is spot-on for me, and a distressing comment on our times. Jack Lord played a cop totally dedicated to due process. If he encountered cops using the extra-judicial, "no oversight, no red-tape" methods being celebrated in today's version, he'd slam his hand down on his desk and deliver an infuriated tirade (as Jack Lord could execute so well) on how they were sullying the honor of cops everywhere -- then have them surrender their badges and guns.

The idea that I'm supposed to cheer on a bunch of gunslinging, fascist hyenas has me wondering about the writers and producers: how low an opinion do they have of us anyway? Or worse: are they right about what sells to the majority of our fellow citizens? And if so, err ... yikes...

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 1:23 pm   Permalink

THAT BEING SAID... The original McGarrett was of course only human, and did bend the rules a good bit here, in a clip from "Man in a Steel Frame" entitled "McGarrett captures his girlfriend's murderer":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipo_nbEi94g
Whew!...

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 8:51 pm   Permalink

Interesting note, Jack Lord was offered the part of Captain Kirk in Star Trek before William Shattner ultimately got the part:

"Jack Lord was considered for the role of Captain Kirk on Star Trek; the role ultimately went to William Shatner. Because Lord wanted to co-produce and have a percentage in ownership of the series, he was ultimately rejected by both Gene Roddenberry and Desilu Studios."

http://www.richmondhillhistory.org/JackLord.html

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation