FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 06:43 am   Permalink

I hope everyone on 5-O is cured of jaundice before next season.

Also, I saw a tiki on the last show. It was during the luau on the left side ofthe screen while they were opening the imu.
EDIT: It was my TV. No jaundice.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-11-27 19:13 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-16 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-02 07:13, Dr. Zarkov wrote:
Does anyone remember the awful pimp war episode starring Roosevelt Greer?

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-17 5:37 pm   Permalink

I'm having a hard time getting into it - I still look at the new McGarrett guy and see the vampire guy from Moonlight! Makes it tough to take him seriously. And MAN! Is Caan a little dude or WHAT?! He's got to be a full foot shorter than McGarrett! Interesting casting there.

What's this about Wo Fat - I thought that was a restaurant in Honolulu?! Which came first?!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-17 5:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

What's this about Wo Fat - I thought that was a restaurant in Honolulu?! Which came first?!

The "Wo Fat Chop Suey" building with its pagoda-styled roof has been a Chinatown landmark since 1882. The building was rebuilt after being destroyed twice by fire in 1886 and 1900.

Once a thriving restaurant opened by Wo Fat, a Chinese baker, it would be the oldest restaurant in Hawaii if it was still operating. It was instrumental in popularizing Cantonese cuisine to America. The father of modern China, Sun Yat-Sen reportedly dined there often while attending Iolani School.

I went to Wo Fat’s once, around 2002, to see some local punk rock bands (I think Grapefruit was one.) who had rented it out for a show. I remember the music was very loud and the bartender really hated being there. It is closed now, but the building is still there.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-18 5:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks PR - that answered my question and then some! I didn't realize the place had been around so long. I ate there in 1979 but I can't say I remember much as I was sixteen (yuk!) and was playing at being a vegetarian!

Quote:

On 2010-11-17 17:59, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,
Quote:

The "Wo Fat Chop Suey" building with its pagoda-styled roof has been a Chinatown landmark since 1882. The building was rebuilt after being destroyed twice by fire in 1886 and 1900.

Once a thriving restaurant opened by Wo Fat, a Chinese baker, it would be the oldest restaurant in Hawaii if it was still operating. It was instrumental in popularizing Cantonese cuisine to America. The father of modern China, Sun Yat-Sen reportedly dined there often while attending Iolani School.

I went to Wo Fat’s once, around 2002, to see some local punk rock bands (I think Grapefruit was one.) who had rented it out for a show. I remember the music was very loud and the bartender really hated being there. It is closed now, but the building is still there.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-18 5:46 pm   Permalink

I saw this week's episode finally last night and it was better to me than the few before.. Last week I liked to.. How'd I miss the tiki.... and I was looking...
I keep hoping maybe they'll ditch the camaro and get something with some suicide doors... like???

I'm still watching..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 7:45 pm   Permalink

Al Harrington is on tonight's episode airing now. The first old series cast member on the new show?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 8:26 pm   Permalink

T'was a repeat from Monday's episode.

VERY glad this got picked up for a full season. I really enjoy this show.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-23 8:32 pm   Permalink

I have missed most of this show. Tonight is the first time I saw a whole episode from start to finish. Kind of a hokey storyline, but not as bad as other shows on TV. So I take it the missing/now replaced $10,000...will roll into a future episode?

I kinda like the McGarrett guy.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 02:01 am   Permalink

La Mariana should be in Mondays eposode of Hawaii 5-0 ...fingers crossed

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 07:22 am   Permalink

I wasn't going to post this but it's been a while since anyone has ranted about the downfall of tiki and Jimmy Buffett's ushering in of Armageddon. Heard about this a week or so ago. Heh heh.

From Entertainment Weekly: “Hawaii Five-0 scoop: Jimmy Buffett to guest star”

Jimmy Buffett: Pilot in a tropical climate? Yeah, we’ll buy that.

EW has learned exclusively that the singer/songwriter/avid aviator will guest star in an upcoming episode of Hawaii Five-0. Buffett will play a veteran pilot who’s a pal of Lt. Commander Joe White (Terry O’Quinn), and he helps Five-0 rescue one of its own from a sticky situation.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-03 10:50 am   Permalink

That is ironic LoungeShark!!!

I have been trying to watch and support this show, but I find the writing to be very weak and it is not holding my attention. Mostly watching now just for the scenery. Hope it improves.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-03 07:22, LoungeShark wrote:
I wasn't going to post this but it's been a while since anyone has ranted about the downfall of tiki and Jimmy Buffett's ushering in of Armageddon. Heard about this a week or so ago. Heh heh.

From Entertainment Weekly: “Hawaii Five-0 scoop: Jimmy Buffett to guest star”

Jimmy Buffett: Pilot in a tropical climate? Yeah, we’ll buy that.

EW has learned exclusively that the singer/songwriter/avid aviator will guest star in an upcoming episode of Hawaii Five-0. Buffett will play a veteran pilot who’s a pal of Lt. Commander Joe White (Terry O’Quinn), and he helps Five-0 rescue one of its own from a sticky situation.

As long as he's acting and not performing "Margaritaville", I'm good. I love the new 5-0 despite it's unpopularity here and all the tiki nerd peer pressure for not liking it. If you follow the story very closely, there is a subtle plot thread that went through the entire season last year, and continues this year....but you have to watch it every week to know what's up.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-03 11:24, tikiyaki wrote:
I love the new 5-0 despite it's unpopularity here and all the tiki nerd peer pressure for not liking it. If you follow the story very closely, there is a subtle plot thread that went through the entire season last year, and continues this year....but you have to watch it every week to know what's up.

I would agree with you on this. The underlying thread storyline has been pretty good. Like others have said though it does get kinda predictable at times. Originally, I didn't think Hawaii in and of itself played a big enough "character" but they have done a good job of making sure the stories rely on the location, too as the series progressed. What do you think of them adding so many new characters to 5-0? This last one (the homeland security gal) almost seemed like a female version of Dano last week the way she went back and forth with McGarret. And honestly, their odd couple bickering is already a bit much. There's gotta be a drinking game in this...every time they bicker? do a shot. every time you see McGarret's tat? do a shot. Every time the shaved ice guy/criminal informant slips them info? do a shot. you get the picture.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 1:49 pm   Permalink

If I could handle the Dane Cook episode, I can almost handle Mr. Buffett.

I like the series, I just wish they would stop adding new characters like you said and focus on the ones they already have. As for McGarret's lady friends I thought his Naval Officer friend was cool, I'd rather see more of her than the Homeland security woman or the CIA woman.

Killing off Kelly Hu was a mistake and they need much more Kono this season.

Other than those things, I'm happy with it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation