FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Hawaii Five-O 2.0
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 6:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-05 23:26, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
I'm growing to hate this show. It's violent, the stories are full of holes, the technology is fake as hell, the two lead actors need to learn to shave and stop dressing like douchebags, and worst of all the show furthers a message that anything that a cop does 'in the line of duty' like torturing a suspect, acting without search warrants etc is just peachy.

Ditto to that!

The new McGarrett is a slob. Jack Lord always looked sharp, even in the odd scenes when he wore aloha wear. And don't hold your breath waiting for the new guy to utter this immortal line: "I don't work for Washington, I work for the State of Hawaii!" (Jack Lord in season 3 of the original, in a face-off with some US military intelligence conehead over a cover-up by Washington).

Quote:

On 2010-10-13 11:20, AquaZombie wrote:
The character updates are all so boring and generic. I hate the fact they keep making fun of Danno wearing a tie, though it's authentic, I guess - it just points up the sartorial inferiority of this era compared with the original's.

And I'll second that too! Another scene, remembered from my childhood, is of Jack Lord coming out of a barber's shop, and the barber says "see you next week Mr McGarrett!" As an eight year-old, I was impressed as hell that this guy went to the barber's EVERY WEEK!

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ This Message was edited by: Club Nouméa 2011-10-03 18:14 ]

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-03 7:09 pm   Permalink

I hope this is the right place to post this information. Last night HB called and said that tonight on H50 they will show La Mariana and one of Gecko'z mugs will show up there. I'm going to be watching I hope this happens. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-03 7:37 pm   Permalink

That is good info Wendy...I am still trying to embrace this show. I agree that the guys need to shave and quit looking like bums. I was expecting WoFat to be older...so I find stuff like that distracting. Hope to see the mug though!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-04 2:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-03 13:49, Bora Boris wrote:
If I could handle the Dane Cook episode, I can almost handle Mr. Buffett.

I like the series, I just wish they would stop adding new characters like you said and focus on the ones they already have. As for McGarret's lady friends I thought his Naval Officer friend was cool, I'd rather see more of her than the Homeland security woman or the CIA woman.

Killing off Kelly Hu was a mistake and they need much more Kono this season.

Other than those things, I'm happy with it.

I think part of making a show a "hit" these days, is guest stars. If you're gonna compare it to the original, which I don't see the point in...., they did that back then to....Ricardo Mantalban as a Japanese villain - yes, J A P A N E S E !!! - The actually used eye makeup to make his eyes look asian...talk about unrealistic !...
Anyway, they had all kinds of guest stars in there..Sal Mineo, Gavin McCleod, Don Ho.....etc You get the picture. Kelly Hu was hot, and shouldn't have been Killed off, I agree,and, tho' I HATED the fact that Kono becase a WOMAN in this new series, I like her now, and it gives my song "Kono's Revenge" a new meaning now, in this new season. (Originally it was in protest of making Kono a chick in this new series)

Either way, I don't care who likes it and who doesn't , I'm rooting for it, and will continue to watch it every week. So there !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-10-04 2:29 pm   Permalink

Me Too!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-04 9:02 pm   Permalink

Me three !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 11:56 pm   Permalink

Just started watching this last week. Not bad, ( the Kona storyline is really, really predictable) but I was impressed with the amount guest star crammed into one episode. Peter Fonda, Don Stroud, Danielle Harris, Patty Duke, and William Baldwin were all in Monday's episode. I guess everybody like a free trip to the islands.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-10-14 06:27 am   Permalink

Danielle Harris is welcome to stick around.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-14 2:44 pm   Permalink

It was Autumn Reeser, but yeah, more than welcome to stick around. For Dan-O's sake, that is.

View Profile of surfalaia Send a personal message to surfalaia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-10-14 2:50 pm   Permalink

Yes!

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-16 03:52 am   Permalink

I still watch this show every week and consider it a guilty pleasure. Sure, it's predictable (chat scene in the car, chase scene, bad guys hate kids, good guys love kids) and the acting is not fantastic (every time someone takes in emotional dialogue they take a quick look away from the person before responding- every time!) but my expectations for this kind of show are low. And the original show was no masterpiece. Anyhow, it's just simple fun, a like the scenery and try to find tiki.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-17 01:18 am   Permalink

I like it, too. It is great to see places in Hawaii that I recognize, and in High Def, too. I think the acting is excellent. Scott Caan was nominated for a Golden Globe award, and I think he deserves it.

Wo Fat is the mastermind behind everything, it seems. I like that they keep threads running through the entire series.

Oh, yeah, Grace Park is hot.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiSan 2011-10-17 01:21 ]

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quarterto3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-22 9:33 pm   Permalink

OK, I didn't read all 16 pages of this post so I apologize if this was addressed previously but I feel obligated to discuss it.
For the love of all that is pure and holy, can someone explain to me why there are so many haoles on this show? I mean, this is Hawaii. In 2011. There have got to be more Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, Philipinos, Asians, etc to play the roles they have but it seems like every single time there's a new person on the show it's a haole. I've DVR'd the season and watched the one with Patty Duke, Peter Fonda and William Baldwin, etc. last night. Good Lord, you couldn't swing a dead cat in any scene and not hit a haole. And that's for the bit parts. The new cast members are all haoles too.
Granted, it could work to my advantage in my "Drink When You Spot A Haole" game.

View Profile of Quarterto3 Send a personal message to Quarterto3      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 12:03 am   Permalink

Henry Rollins on new Hawaii Five -o Series?

Hawaii Five-O Season 3 Episode 22

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 03:44 am   Permalink

Along with the Haole content comment, I still feel that is so little use is made of Hawaii as a specific location. So much is filmed in generic, could-be-any-place-with-palm-trees locales. Maybe they are trying to not force the issue afraid of coming across as cheesy, but why go there then in the first place?

But then that has been my feeling all along about the original 5.0, and about modern Hawaii in general: If you are looking for exotic Polynesian-style environs, you gotta build them yourself!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation