FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Tiki Bosko new ceramics pre-Tiki Oasis 2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Bosko new ceramics pre-Tiki Oasis 2010
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 09:24 am   Permalink

Great work Bosko.....I wish I had some extra cash to spend on this guy but times are tough, oh well happy holiday!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 3:15 pm   Permalink

Hey Hank thanks but FYI we usually have a few drunken Moai's stumbling around here!

Tikinomad thanks, also we'll be posting another new mug here Tuesday. Yesterday we sent out an announcement to regulars on our mailing list, if anyone here is interested in getting on PM me your email address and we'll add you.
My official studio is back in business (here) so we are planning to create many more ceramics this next year.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 6:44 pm   Permalink

I realize with the current economy our timing is probably not the best (keep in mind in 1993 I thought becoming a Tiki carver was a good idea) but we put the wheels in motion for this a while back and everything has finally fallen into place this past month.

The next mug we have coming up is my “Modern Bob” (barring any problems) we’ll have 50 of this color edition at $60.00 each, after that we’ll try to determine what more we can get out of it and if possible do another color variation.
You can follow the link for more info,
http://www.tikibosko.com/tikicups.htm

When I first started creating Tiki mugs (in the early 90’s) people couldn’t believe I was asking the princely sum of 15 dollars each, this was very frustrating for an artist slowly creating each piece by hand. This is still the case with everything I create I take a great deal of pride in my work and obviously we hope this is why you choose to buy our work. I am trying to cut back on the carving in the near future and start doing more ceramics, if this works out we are going to try and put out a new piece every month or so.

My very best Alohas.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 12:51 am   Permalink

Put me on the list! Bosko was the first mug maker to start playing around with the Tiki Bob concept, and I have regretted not haven gotten any of the previous versions, which were all equally cool, so I need to get this one.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 01:01 am   Permalink

Got it! My X-mas present to myself.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 09:41 am   Permalink

...i also folded for a "Tiki Mod" Bob, too cool to pass up!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 02:15 am   Permalink

Haha very fun Bosko, count me in for one in the next batch

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 09:56 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone, we have a new mug out this month, it's a New Guinea style with a great glaze, umber brown with a emerald green crystal like color coming thru, we're only doing 30 of this edition and at $55.00 you better get them while we have them, they are going quick.

We also have a few more of the "Modern Bob" for anyone that's interested, just go to our website
www.tikibosko.com

Also my wife Truus (Trader Dutch) just put her new CD out, it comes with a very cool Mark Ryden cover and fold out poster I did the photography for the back and fold out. Again go to our website and take a look, I'll post more details here or another thread about the CD later.

Thanks,

Bosko

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 5:08 pm   Permalink

I was lucky enough to see one of the New Guinea ones up close and personal. They are amazing. The glaze is one of the coolest I've ever seen. Classic piece.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 6:27 pm   Permalink

Bosko, I have to tell you that the modern Bob was the first Tiki mug to elicit an approving reaction from my 16 year old son. The other day he walked by it and noticed it and said "Hey, that's cool" ...actually getting the fact that it was a play on another, older mug! Aaaaw, he's growing up!

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 6:54 pm   Permalink

Nice B and Truus!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 2:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks Matt and Danny, Sven you should get a father of the year award for having produced such a fine upstanding young man!

Bosko

TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 08:58 am   Permalink

We just pulled out the next batch of New Guinea mugs out of the kiln, for anybody that preordered a mug they’ll leave today for anyone who hasn’t there are only a few left after this.

Thanks

Bosko

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 06:46 am   Permalink

Mozel Tov!

Was wondering when the new music would be avail.... great packaging too! Salton sea! Mark Ryden! Giant moai!

Mark's such a freak! I've never met him but know it's one thing to learn how to paint and quite another to cultivate such a divine imaginative derangement into something other than the cliche bell-tower-sniper thing. Truely one of my favorite creepy artists. This more than explains the evil laughter when I volunteered myself for any cover artwork needs during my last visit to the Rancho... I think.

I was fortunate to see Bosko's new mug design up close and it's a dynamo. I believe there are a few more on the way too. Keep those kilns hot amigo! -HH

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-06 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone, yet another month and another mug (#57) is my take on a Hawaiian “Aumakua” image. For whatever reason the more popular of Hawaii’s carvings are the more toothy headdress styles but I have always loved their seemingly simple carved pieces where their carving is broken down to a few bold planes. With that in mind I had been intrigued by the beautiful abstract quality of the original and finally made my own version. It has the mid century modern juxtaposed with the primitive quality that I try to infuse into all my ceramic sculptures.

Like the last, this edition color edition will be a run of thirty

Thanks for looking

Bosko

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation