FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-20 01:17 am   Permalink

LOVE the coffin keyboard!

I think we were in our room getting ready for the evening, so we heard you but didn't see you. Sounded awesome! Get on up here!

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 09:57 am   Permalink

The Creepy Creeps kicked ass!

However, I can understand those who thought they were a bit wild for TO. From my vantage point there were some families feverously grabbing their blankets and children and fleeing for their safety like there was a pack of blood thirsty zombies (and large masked wrestlers) headed their way...

More significant to me than the first mosh pit/crowd surf at TO, that was the first pit I've seen where most people were wearing flip flops!

Sleestak- I have most of you guys' set on video! I only missed one song to change my disc. I will post on your myspace and on here once I get all my videos edited and uploaded to youtube.

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 11:30 am   Permalink

There were some families(like mine) who took the kids up and danced. The kids loved the Creepy Creeps primal sound. I understand the initial surprised reaction by some but I think every once in a while it's great to shake things up a little. Oasis is a family event for sure and I did feel a little concern with the possible pit starting but the masked men were quick to settle them down and the band kept them cool as well.
I would never want to see Oasis become a big raging rock show....but every now and then...

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 11:43 am   Permalink

The main thing is to keep the bulk of the local San Diego Bro crowd uninformed of what's going on. Some kids showed up that didn't belong and got a little aggressive during the latenight room parties, one telling me that he was here with one of the bands so he had a right to go wherever he wanted........truth is, if he's got no wristband and he knows the bands, he's the LAST guy that should be there. Not blaming this on the Creeps, just throwing it out there. Last year at TO7, I was actually able to forget that I was in SanDiego. This year, I was constantly reminded. I dumped over a grand last weekend and for that, I want to feel like I'm on a working vacation. Although Tiki Oasis is IN San Diego, the less San Diego, the better in my Opinion. We don't need another Viva Las Vegas on our hands.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 11:44 am   Permalink

HOMETOWN HEROES! Huzzah!

Thanks CREEPS! I over-heard dozens of Freaky Boutiki tent customers on Sunday talking about their new favorite live band!

I've been shouting into the wind for at least a year about getting you guys for Oasis. A fine fit and after eight years I imagine a welcome and exciting departure from our traditionally exotica dominated event.

Kinda like getting a Red Hot in a box of Mike & Ikes!

PS I need a CC Tee in extra fat, please.- Hodaddy

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 12:29 pm   Permalink

thanks for all the kind words. i mean, you cant please everyone! of course some people are not going to like it, or think its to crazy, but heres hows i sees it. we were asked to play the event first of all, we did not ask. i was totally nervous about even doing it! we went on after the king and when i left i think i heard traditional hawaiian stuff going on. when we got back to the event and i noticed everybody was sitting on blankets, my first thoughts were "why the f are we playing this?" after our first song the crowd responded really really really well! i thought i would have heard crickets! we have gained an enormous fan base from t.o.8 like you would never believe! as far as people slamming or crowd surfing, well there is absolutely nothing we can do except ask people to mellow out, which we did. and as far as people who attended the parties or randoms who read about the event in the paper, we dont know them, or have much to do with any of that! on the other hand how rad is it when you go to a show, especially a surf of garage type of show, (and i know all of you have seen this) but everybody is to intimidated to move to the sounds? ill tell you right now its hard enough to try to make something that will be remembered let alone liked, and when you perform you want to see people cut a rug! we are a dance band, and we bring the ultimate dance party! we may be to wild for the mild, but getting an oncore and hearing people chant only leads me to believe that we did a good job, and it indeed was the right time and the right place! i watched thee swank bastards play in a room the night before an no one was doin anything! these guys were ripping!!! to someone in a band, thats like....well do you think they like it or??? i deeply apologize if we did offend anyone or scared people off, but some of those zombies almost scared me off honestly. good job people. tiki oasis is a family environment for sure, and my wife and 2 year old were right up in front dancing the whole time. the tiny creeps make it all worth while. look into the vids closely and you will see all of your favorite artists/ and carvers (which i think do a good job representing the community) shaking their asses in full effect! again i have to say, to me that seems like a good thing. thanks again to all who support! heres a live action photo of two mini creeps ripping the shred! my son wolfgang in mid pogo (he's 2), and the keyboardist's daughter willow (she's 2.5). doin it for the kids man! "fink about it"

[ This Message was edited by: sleestak 2008-08-20 12:33 ]

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:14 pm   Permalink

You guys sounded great. We didn't get to see up close but we listened to your set from the restaurant (even my 2 y/o loved it). Seemed to me that most of the attendees enjoyed it.
Way to shake things up a little!

Terra

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:21 pm   Permalink

Man- my wife and I wish we were there. Being a fan of lots of music I definatly feel T.O. in the past really had very little dancing and audience participation..seriously. A handfull of people only get up and shake their tailfeathers. I am so stoked that you brought it to life. So I have the L.P. and a 45 with the widows. Is their any other recordings in the works or already out?

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:27 pm   Permalink

Dave shouldn't you be in bed

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:27 pm   Permalink

Hey Dave......great time vending next to you guys and great job by the creeps. I think it was a great addition to the show line up, giving something fun and a little crazy as an alternative to the more traditional mellow options. You can't please everyone but I thought you guys did a perfect job of stopping the crowd surfing and then just ripping. I hope that Otto and the rest see how variety adds to the show.

And before we start getting up in arms about some kids who got in....who let that tiki carving freelancer sneak in again, drop off his tikis by the main stage, squat space across from paying vendors and then proceed to tell everyone all night he was going to score some hash?????? hmmmmmm I think some security would solve most of these issues.

But as this is the creepy creeps thread....loved the flavor hope to see you at the next Tiki Oasis

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-20 13:27, Clysdalle wrote:
Hey Dave......great time vending next to you guys and great job by the creeps. I think it was a great addition to the show line up, giving something fun and a little crazy as an alternative to the more traditional mellow options. You can't please everyone but I thought you guys did a perfect job of stopping the crowd surfing and then just ripping. I hope that Otto and the rest see how variety adds to the show.

And before we start getting up in arms about some kids who got in....who let that tiki carving freelancer sneak in again, drop off his tikis by the main stage, squat space across from paying vendors and then proceed to tell everyone all night he was going to score some hash?????? hmmmmmm I think some security would solve most of these issues.

But as this is the creepy creeps thread....loved the flavor hope to see you at the next Tiki Oasis

What's wrong with a little Hash?

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 1:50 pm   Permalink

A group of people who celebrate drunkeness , with a small contingent worried about a little loud music and a crowd having too much fun dancing to a band . . .

Ironic , diabolical and dubious at best .

Maybe next year there can be a sound proof oxygen tent for the faint of constitution , incase it " gets out of hand " again .

poppycock , that's what I say

http://myspace.com/finkniksarego

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 2:30 pm   Permalink

The Creepy Creeps were excellent...I thought they were quite appropriate for the theme and Tiki Oasis as well.

My one gripe - to the fat kid moshing with the mohawk and the zombie make up...you're like 13 or 14 now...time for deodorant, son. You nasty. On a side note....Crazy Al has way more energy than any 14 year old kid. He can kick your ass at pogo-ing any day. Oh and he smells better than you.

Great show guys!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-20 13:21, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Man- my wife and I wish we were there. Being a fan of lots of music I definatly feel T.O. in the past really had very little dancing and audience participation..seriously. A handfull of people only get up and shake their tailfeathers. I am so stoked that you brought it to life. So I have the L.P. and a 45 with the widows. Is their any other recordings in the works or already out?

Ironic how a band with a keyboard in the shape of a coffin brought the party to life. I bought the cd and danced like a geek almost the whole set. Creepy Creeps are some super cool hodads!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 3:34 pm   Permalink

Hey… I’ve been “finkn’ about it” and I just wanted to reiterate my thoughts.
I really dug the Creepy Creeps show, and think they were a great addition to TO, especially considering the theme!

I embellished my observation in my previous post for amusement purposes only, not to fan a spark of something negative. I was so busy videoing, and trying not to shake my ass, that I missed the fact that the dancing wrestler duo was actually getting people to simmer down when needed, that is cool. I “fink” you guys handled the mixed crowd great.

Like you said you can’t please everybody, but based on what I saw, and what I read here, there are only a handful that did not dig the Creepy Creeps playing at TO!

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation