FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-20 3:38 pm   Permalink

CREEPY CREEEEEEEEEEEPS!!!!!!!

the set did bring the...ahem...dead evening back to life in a BIG way.

I saw Otto shaking his booty out there, as did my 47 year old ass!

The Creeps looked...um...creepy as hell, but it looked to me like a helluva good time was had by all, mini-creeps too.

Actually, i didnt see the old-fogies take a powder until the Ghastly Ones went on.

So yeah, i will lobby for the Creeps to be axed back next year for sure!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 3:48 pm   Permalink

Creepy Creeeeps Rocked!

( the other One's put me to sleep

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 4:00 pm   Permalink

oh also! i did notice how you made planet of the apes more kid friendly!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 09:31 am   Permalink

thx again peeps! we really appreciate all the support!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 8:09 pm   Permalink

Regarding the comment about the young man who may need deoderant - what a totally obnoxious thing to say. I'm sure it was unpleasant for your nose in such close quarters, but it was only for a while. I'm sure you could have found a more sensitive way to express yourself here.

Regarding this being a family event - well, if you're willing to get stinking drunk in front of your kids - what's a little hard-driving music? I thought it all went together well and hope that future shows are as diverse as this one was. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE ALL the music that we heard - it was just refreshing to hear a little something else as well.

As for the Creepy Creeps - wow! I'm pretty much an old stick in the mud regarding music, but my 18 year old (who was REALLY bummed she couldn't be there) has been turning me on to more hip music in the last few years and I totally appreciated your sound and appearance. This was our first TO and we had no clue what to expect so I just assumed music like yours was par for the course. I immediately purchased a vinyl and t-shirt for my daughter but I'm not beyond snagging that vinyl once in a while for a personal listen!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 8:44 pm   Permalink

I wasn't there, but I am happy to read that there was a pit at TO8! Shouldn't be a big surprise considering that many TCers are old-school punks. BigTikiDude's comment made me realize that my almost 47-year old "ass" has been in a few pits this year and seeing the comments from what sounds like members that were mildly alarmed by this kind of activity makes me think that maybe I need to grow up, oy.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 9:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-20 14:30, Jason Wickedly wrote:
The Creepy Creeps were excellent...I thought they were quite appropriate for the theme and Tiki Oasis as well.

My one gripe - to the fat kid moshing with the mohawk and the zombie make up...you're like 13 or 14 now...time for deodorant, son. You nasty. On a side note....Crazy Al has way more energy than any 14 year old kid. He can kick your ass at pogo-ing any day. Oh and he smells better than you.

Great show guys!

Ha ha ha yeah that kid did reeeek.
and I was next to Al alot of the time, trying to keep up with him moshing pogoing, and slamming,
and he plum wore me out.
that guy is a monster.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-08-21 21:50 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-08-22 01:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 21:45, bigtikidude wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-20 14:30, Jason Wickedly wrote:
The Creepy Creeps were excellent...I thought they were quite appropriate for the theme and Tiki Oasis as well.

My one gripe - to the fat kid moshing with the mohawk and the zombie make up...you're like 13 or 14 now...time for deodorant, son. You nasty. On a side note....Crazy Al has way more energy than any 14 year old kid. He can kick your ass at pogo-ing any day. Oh and he smells better than you.

Great show guys!

Ha ha ha yeah that kid did reeeek.
...Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 20:09, beadtiki wrote:
Regarding the comment about the young man who may need deoderant - what a totally obnoxious thing to say. I'm sure it was unpleasant for your nose in such close quarters, but it was only for a while. I'm sure you could have found a more sensitive way to express yourself here.

"Totally obnoxious thing to say" ??? Huh? Apparently you (beadtiki) didn't have to smell it. Were you watching the show from the safety of your balcony? "...such close quarters" were not required to catch wind of said invasive b.o. problem. Given the severity of the stench, I'd have to say that Jason's comments are highly understated.

Nevertheless, the Creepy Creeps indeed rocked hard and made up for the foul air.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 07:54 am   Permalink

I wasn't even there and I could smell that kid!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 08:19 am   Permalink

Not sure what scarrier..Smelly Kid...Or 47 year olds in a pit at a tiki fest..

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 08:46 am   Permalink

The CC's rocked TO8 and stole the show! My biggest regret was not picking up a CD because I left my wallet up in my room.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 3:19 pm   Permalink

Hakalugi (great name, by the way!) - I WISH I had had a room that looked out over the festivities - alas I was relegated to a golf-course view on the far side. As to where we were, well, didn't have an opportunity to be up close and personal with the stage and the unfortunate kid with the BO, but we were down on the grass nonetheless. I guess I'm just amazed that an adult, such as yourself, would pick on a young man who may, by the way, read your comments, as I'm sure he was dragged along by his folks. I'm no stranger to being in close quarters with those who do not bathe regularly or wear deodorants, but I certainly wouldn't go around telling them how badly they reek. I'm sure no adult has told this kid he needs to start using SOMEthing to cover the odor - and kids don't even notice they stink.

Anyhow - don't want to hi-jack the thread any longer. Just thought that civility is slowly going the way of the dinosaur and it's disappointing.

Long Live Creepy Creeps!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 15:19, beadtiki wrote:
Just thought that civility is slowly going the way of the dinosaur and it's disappointing.

So is bathing, evidently, and that's disappointing too. Look, the kid was at least 17, old enough to drive a car, and flunk out of community college. He was not some poor smelly little elementary school kid picked on in the school yard and dragged there by his parents, nor was he afflicted with a genetic bathing disorder beyond his control (maybe). He was some big smelly teenager almost of (legal) drinking age that crashed the party. If you're old enough to drive, date, party, go to shows, and crash Oasis, one would think you'd be old enough to bathe. Remember, we are supposed to be Sophisticated Savages, and part of sophistication in my book includes personal hygiene. If anyone was lacking in civility, it was the non wrist band wearing stinky party crasher. Gheesh!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 4:23 pm   Permalink

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed - and believe me, I never would have picked on a young man because of his weight (any of you that know me know I am the very LAST person in the world that can talk about that!) or even if he was just standing there, watching the show and dancing like everyone else. Instead, he and his friends decided to start a slam pit front and center. I don't mean to single him out, but he was the one that stood out from his friends due to his size, demeanor (hellbent on knocking down everything/everyone in his path), and aforementioned Zombie makeup, mohawk, B.O., and Misfits t-shirt. And on second guess, yeah, he was quite a bit older than 14 since I have a 12 year old, and this kid was quite a bit larger and older than him. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see bands like Zombie Surf Camp, the Creeps, and the Ghastly Ones at every Oasis. But I also understand that they are not every ones cup of tea, and a bunch of kids purposely trying to spoil the party just amplifies the wilder aspect of these bands.

On another note, just why IS Tiki the Punk Rock Retirement Plan? Seriously, I've never met so many 40-50 year old ex-punkers in my life! Just think, in 30 years my buddy with the Misfits T and the Mohawk could be a full-fledged Tikiphile.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 4:48 pm   Permalink

It's not just Tiki.

Surf, Rockabilly, even lounge and swing. Most of those music scenes are fully staffed by ex-punkers....

and the ex rockers,well, we all know where THEY go!! (Jimmy Buffet concerts!!!)

Regarding the stinking zombie problem, I think the original poster of that comment (Jason) was kind of being humorous about the whole thing. I did not think it was all that harsh....
Let's not strive for political correctiveness ALL the time, kay?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation