FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 12:52 pm   Permalink

Humm maybe , However.

What's the value of that gift card ?

It might get me a little more motivated.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 12:52, princessP wrote:

Humm maybe , However.

Oh poo for the gift card -- think of the fame, glory, and immortality of having your name on the FI's menu. 50 years from now, people will be finding/buying the "Old" drink menu from FI in garage sales and/or ebay and doing research on who and what was what was in those "tiki drinks" from the cool old tiki bar down the street.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 1:44 pm   Permalink

"50 years from now, people will be finding/buying the "Old" drink menu from FI in garage sales and/or ebay and doing research on who and what..."

Actually, 50 years from now we'll all have direct web-to-brain jacks that'll access Google's 'Universal Print' feature, which will retrieve all the written information ever printed, with 758 different language & dialect translators. You'll be able to overlay this information in 3D via permanent pixel lenses that will actually place you in any environment from any era, recreating the Tiki Bars of the past around you for a small monthly fee.

Details Schmeetails, this contest is cool!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 2:03 pm   Permalink

I am already the 1st name on the wall of the Kill Devil Club that almost killed me.

I don't need my name on a drink menu to prove to myself that I need to go to AA.

So yeah, If I am going to spend even more of my time and money for FI I would like to know how much it would be worth.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 14:03, princessP wrote:

I am already the 1st name on the wall of the Kill Devil Club that almost killed me.

I don't need my name on a drink menu to prove to myself that I need to go to AA.

So yeah, If I am going to spend even more of my time and money for FI I would like to know how much it would be worth.

Yeah! What she said! (Although I'm only the 4th name on the wall.)

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 7:17 pm   Permalink

OK, so Prinsess and Jen are OUT of the GAME!

YAY!!!! That means more of a chance for crummy drink mixers like ME!!!!!

(Cheekygirl is gonna win anyway; she's like Samantha the Witch behind the bar - pure magic.)

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-28 10:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 09:46, CheekyGirl wrote:
Okay, I'm In. Before I started working on the drink for the Oasis I was working on a drink called "The Serpent's Kiss".

One question, is there a particular number of ounces you'd like the drink submissions?
If we could get an idea of a minimum or maximum that would be great.

No minimum or max, but generally between 1 to 4 oz of spirits.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-28 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Humm maybe , However.

The gift card is good for one pint of Pabst and a firm handshake!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-29 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 22:55, martiki wrote:
Quote:

Humm maybe , However.

Pabst is my brew. Now I'm in! Instead of a handshake though, can I just get a "good game" slap on the okole(preferably from a female staff member)?

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-29 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-29 08:05, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-28 22:55, martiki wrote:
Quote:

Humm maybe , However.

Pabst is my brew. Now I'm in! Instead of a handshake though, can I just get a "good game" slap on the okole(preferably from a female staff member)?

Yes. Just for you, Mr. Rachel.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-28 19:17, Cammo wrote:
OK, so Prinsess and Jen are OUT of the GAME!

YAY!!!! That means more of a chance for crummy drink mixers like ME!!!!!

(Cheekygirl is gonna win anyway; she's like Samantha the Witch behind the bar - pure magic.)

Cam, thanks for the vote of confidence, but there are a LOT of magicians and talent out there!

I was over Hiltiki's house last night with a big box of booze, syrups and juices. She even whipped up a batch of fresh infused syrup (which one--I'm not telling). She was my taste tester last night. I'm still working out the right mix of flavors and textures.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2008-08-31 6:36 pm   Permalink

Totally not a cocktail aficionado here...but my entry has been submitted.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 11:33 pm   Permalink

Great fun.

I'm in. I've sent my entry to the gmail account.

I just get under the wire, by being in your place once. It was a great night, thanks to all for showing up last year, especially on a school night and 2 days before the crawl.

Have fun with the judging.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-06 6:10 pm   Permalink

Just out of curiosity (and because I have an awesome new recipe I've created), is Forbidden Island going to do another "appetizer contest"? I had to miss last year's because of work!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-09-07 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-06 18:10, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Just out of curiosity (and because I have an awesome new recipe I've created), is Forbidden Island going to do another "appetizer contest"? I had to miss last year's because of work!

Probably not anytime soon- it was a lot of fun, but turnout was light.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation