FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Show us your SHAG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Show us your SHAG
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 10:25 pm   Permalink

Man....I keep telling people that Links framing and matting skills rival the art itself! The dude is amazing, and right around the same price as plain jane framing such as Aaron Bros or Michaels...Trust, he is the best in the business.
www.framefetish.com

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Monitors
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 12:32 am   Permalink

Hey Kev,

if you don't mind me asking, how much did frame fetish charge for a print that size.

View Profile of The Monitors Send a personal message to The Monitors  Email The Monitors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-30 1:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Fritz,

Yeah, no problem. When we took the print down to him, Link showed us several different options for frames and mattes, with other examples. The quotes for that print ranged from 200-something to 400-something, primarily differing with the level of detail in the matte work. We ended up going with the middle ground, with the corner matte work, for the low 300s.

I'll say this...though it *seemed* like a lot at first, the print is pretty big and it's the centerpiece of our living room. We really wanted something impressive to showcase it and with the amazing work Link does (and the numerous samples we saw), I've never thought twice about it. It was worth the 18 months we sat on the print to find a great frame.

Now, my decision to spend $130 to frame 3 postcards in faux bamboo with a palm-style matte does make me feel a bit more sheepish. But I've said too much...

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-07 8:22 pm   Permalink

My wife and I now have another Shag print, "The Drunken Cleric" (framed by Link at Frame Fetish). We purchased it this summer at the Shag store in Palm Springs. Here are a couple of photos. I'm realizing now that I need to take a picture of the print with the 2 mugs it came with since they all tie together.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
StanTheMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-28 9:48 pm   Permalink

What's the name of the first print? The Hula Girl "dancing" with the Tiki? Love it.

Quote:

On 2008-09-21 08:32, Wildsville man wrote:

My view in bathroom 2

My view from the master bathroom

Shag in a bag!!!!!!!! been to busy to frame,but I need to step up my game seeing the others on this thread.

And since DEREK is on this thread now........keep them natural baby...........GOT WOOD?

View Profile of StanTheMan Send a personal message to StanTheMan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-29 12:01 pm   Permalink

This print was signed by Don Ho, as well as Shag, while Don and his daughter Hoku were appearing in the Key Club on Hollywood’s Sunset Strip as part of Barracuda Magazine’s 5th anniversary party titled “Night of the Tiki” on August 9, 2003. We acquired it from the Copro/Nason Gallery as #46 of 149 signed prints. When I spoke to Shag at Hukilau 2010, he stated that Don Ho was quite fun to be around during this event and really enjoyed his wine…

We saw Don perform in an intimate dinner club setting at the Waikiki Beachcomber in 1998. He was a consummate performer and treated his audience like royalty, spending some time individually with each couple or individual who attended. I’ll never forget his haunting rendition of Kui Lee’s “I’ll Remember You.”

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation