FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-17 11:25 am   Permalink

CRAZY!!!!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 10:58 pm   Permalink

Inspiration for future mugs. First the Pacific Arts show at LACMA...

Then the Tiki Ti bar...

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 11:04 pm   Permalink

Cast Sipper top, ready for firing...

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-14 11:22 pm   Permalink

Looking good, Beez.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-05 9:48 pm   Permalink

Goodness - there goes another year... Been busy with my non-Tiki hobbies and career work...

Finally got back to the Volcano Sipper mug. Here's the first cast, ready for firing. It's about 10 inches tall and comes in three pieces. I'm not even going to mention how many mold pieces I wound up with - I lost count...

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 05:19 am   Permalink

Likin the Volcano Sipper...
Conveys his HUGE stature....
like some big Tropical Legend ...
Can't wait to see how he ends up after a good glazin!
Nice Work!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-06 05:27 am   Permalink

Beezlebug's back!!! Let's see some glaze on that bad boy before life calls you away from TC again!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 06:07 am   Permalink

Wow your Mug is incredible! Can't wait to see it live in living color! How did your Kiln work out, I showed it to Craig, thought maybe he would make one for me. "No #^@$'+ way!" Never hurts to ask!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-06 08:33 am   Permalink

Ha-ha, yeah, I'd better be careful or I'll get distracted by something else...

Here's the guy who inspired the mug, out of my "Oceanic Mythology" book:

Need to do some glaze tests to work out the colors.

As for the kiln - woo - that was an interesting exercise. Some parts were easy, like cutting and channeling the brick. Some parts were horrible, like working out all the electrical math and winding the wire itself. I got hung up on the final assembly and never quite finished it. If I were to start over, I'd know what to do differently, but I'm not sure I want to put the time into it. So, back to firing at Aardvark Clay in Las Vegas for now.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-06 08:54 am   Permalink

Hi, I can't believe I've missed your thread. I sure could have used it when I began making molds. Your art is terrific. What kind of clay to do use to do your sculpts? I'm using low fire potters clay to hand build and Romo Clay to sculpt and mold. Nice to meet your thread, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 4:37 pm   Permalink

Hi Wendy. Sorry for the late reply. I have a bad habit of disappearing from the forum as I deal with non-Tiki pursuits. In any case, I sculpt with cheap oil clay (plasticine). I often build the clay up over some type of non-clay base, like a can. I use the same clay to make the walls of my molds. I did try microcrystaline wax for one mug (Tiki Parade I"), which was great for small details.

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 4:42 pm   Permalink

I've decided to release a couple of my older "Tiki Parade I" mugs to the public. These were in my private collection, but I'm running out of shelf space! I'll add a post to the For Sale thread.

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-23 6:07 pm   Permalink

Volcano Sipper #1 painted, awaiting glaze fire...

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 1:18 pm   Permalink

Volcano Sipper 1:

Solomon 6:

These guys need a good home. See the Marketplace thread for details.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-10 2:02 pm   Permalink

Will Do, excellent. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation