FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-10 9:15 pm   Permalink

Those both turned out really well Bug That Sipper was far more complicated than anything I have the nerve to try

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-21 6:18 pm   Permalink

New mug design. I call him "Fish God." He'll be based on the Maori guy on the right.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-17 09:25 am   Permalink

Not Tiki, but slip-cast nonetheless...

Here are some awards I'm making for the
Dam Short Film Festival, which I run as executive director. Our regular awards guy was unable to make the resin versions this year, so I thought - what the heck - I'll cast them. Here are the first three out of the 2-part mold. They're about 8-inches tall...

I'll be firing them in my new Paragon kiln (yay!), which will be arriving on Friday.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-05 09:20 am   Permalink

Here are the finished awards...bit of a rush, so they are all slightly different (which is kinda' cool)...they are cold-painted with metallic bronze acrylic and intentionally aged...

They were fired in my new kiln. It's a manual Paragon Firefly. It may be small, but it's just big enough to do the type of pieces I'm into. The infinite control switch and pyrometer were surprisingly easy to use. And, it only draws 13 amps, plugs into a standard outlet, and gets plenty hot enough for low-fire cone 06.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-05 11:04 am   Permalink

Nice looking awards Beezle, just make sure the presenters don't drop them on stage! Congrats on the new kiln, small kilns are great.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-05 4:32 pm   Permalink

The awards will definitely not bounce.

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-25 11:08 pm   Permalink

New "Fish God" mug sculpt:

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-26 06:02 am   Permalink

That would make a good mug for serving some fish-head soup! Nice looking sculpt!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-26 06:24 am   Permalink

Cool lookin mugs..

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-26 08:53 am   Permalink

Thanks!

Yeah, fish head soup. That reminds me of the worst soup I ever had in northern Thailand. Snakehead fish soup. No heads, but it was greasy with a tomato base with green cauliflower - truly awful (although the locals liked it).

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-02 1:26 pm   Permalink

Once again, I'm veering off the Tiki reservation... Here's an early sculpt for some silicon rubber puppets for a feature film trailer I'm directing (https://www.facebook.com/BedbugsTheMovie). It's somewhat related because I'm using the casting techniques I've used for my mugs. Klean Klay sculpt and plaster mold. The eyes and teeth will eventually be added to the puppet as separate materials.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-02 1:35 pm   Permalink

Those are CREEPY!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 07:30 am   Permalink

^ WhAT HE SAID.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-08 3:52 pm   Permalink

Okay, back to Tiki...

The Mrs. gave me a set of little plastic kane and wahine figures for my birthday. Here's the result:

I call it a "Desktop Tropical Paradise."

It's made from a beachcombed mussel shell (fresh off the Pacific), sand, small rocks, plastic palm tress, and the figures. This one stands a mighty 4 inches tall. I made a few other variations, which I going to post on Etsy sometime soon.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-08 4:37 pm   Permalink

Hi BB, this has a very vintage look, good job, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation