FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
BeezleBug Mugs (Pg. 14: New Cup/Mug)
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 1:45 pm   Permalink

Very nicely glazed Beezlebug, has a great rustic look to it

More Pix

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-26 1:57 pm   Permalink

Most excellent. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 4:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks! The hardest part of the glaze was painting all the little Z's - then intentionally dirtying them up and wiping away some of them for the rustic aged look. I was tempted to keep the Z's pristine, but it looks better this way.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

While I'm finishing up the Solomon mugs (I should have #2 and #3 done next week), I thought I'd sketch up my next mug design...

This one has a giant god clasping a volcano and sucking out the lava. Perhaps he's thirsty, or maybe he's saving the small village below. The entire top would come off as a lid. There will be a place to stick a straw so it would reach to the bottom of the volcano. I roughed in PNG spirit protector, but I haven't decided which specific Oceanic figure to use yet. Should keep me busy.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 02:08 am   Permalink

Really cool idea Beezlebug! The Solomon mugs look awesome.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 12:27 am   Permalink

Love the Solomon mug - especially the eyes. And you made me curious about the new design - looking forward seeing it in clay.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 01:13 am   Permalink

Hi Beez!

I just found this thread and have to congratulate you on doing the incredibly difficult job of "ga-jillion part mold-making!" Solomon is wonderful...

I bet the volcano guy is gonna take a "ga-jillion plus more" part mold. Good Luck; I can't wait to see it!

Stop by the store some Sunday and say Hi. I'd love to meet you... AND Solomon!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 8:06 pm   Permalink

Ha-ha...yes, the new mug will necessitate way too many mold parts. I've been studying up on figure casting, so I have some ideas on how to pull it off. However, I'll probably make some more sketches before throwing the clay around.

I do need to drop by your place, Tiki Lee (especially since we share the world's best name - Lee!). Sometime soon...

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 9:23 pm   Permalink

I just listed Solomon #2 on my new Etsy account:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeezleBugTikiMugs

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 1:06 pm   Permalink

Beezle, I don't see your mug on that page?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 2:38 pm   Permalink

The mug sold fast. You can see pix in the "Sold" section. Otherwise, I just added Solomon #3 to the Etsy site.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-15 2:54 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the quick sale, #3 looks great too

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 3:46 pm   Permalink

Here's another Volcano Sipper sketch...

The figure is based on an Easter Island protector that was made from tapa and bullrushes and kept near the door to ward off bad spirits.

[ This Message was edited by: BeezleBug 2010-04-16 22:43 ]

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-16 10:35 pm   Permalink

Rough sculpt. it's a two-hand mug - you have to use two hands on the base to pick it up.

Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-17 07:57 am   Permalink

Looking good so far...Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation