FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Official Photos thread forThe 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 IMAGE HEAVY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Official Photos thread forThe 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 IMAGE HEAVY
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 3:42 pm   Permalink

this picture of james a.k.a. Tikibars is very unflattering.....i feel it should be removed immediately from this thread, for as a wiseman (wiseguy?) once said.."it not only makes james look bad, but whoever posted it as well".....

hanford, please remove this pic from this thread.....james deserves better than this...

thanks.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-10-19 4:27 pm   Permalink

The point of the picture is to point out the look of extreme distress one makes when drinking a Volcano at Trad'r Sam- one of the worst drinks ever concocted. (Although it wins points for accurately recreating the taste of children's chewable aspirin) You'll note my pained expression in a similar photo.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 5:32 pm   Permalink

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-10-22 15:44 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 8:42 pm   Permalink

I've had one of those drinks, and I'd say that given the circumstances, James looks downright suave.

Quote:

On 2008-10-15 23:39, aquarj wrote:

Martin and Rebecca taking a moment to soak up the atmosphere of a TC nite in the Vic's dining room.

Love!

Randy, your pictures are amazing! What camera are you using?

Quote:

On 2008-10-15 00:12, Bora Boris wrote:

I don’t know what we’re looking at but I like the picture.

My money says you were looking at Thomas Kincade. My face still has that "whathe...?" expression.

Jacqui(sp?), we went to find you to offer you a ride home after the bus Saturday night, but *poof!* you were gone in the night! If you, or Midnite or Camper or any other citydwellers, ever want a ride back from Forbidden Island to the city some Wednesday, let me know. I generally go there straight after work in Menlo Park, but I go home to the city afterward.

Mahalo nui loa to everyone who was involved in pulling this crawl together. It's always an amazing time, and we had an absolute blast. I was especially tickled to get to see so many friends from out of town. The Crawl is *the* best way to see all the tiki that San Francisco has to offer. If there's one thing I love, it's sharing new tiki experiences with people.

p.s. Inky is my favorite cranky chicken.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-22 01:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-19 17:32, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-19 16:27, martiki wrote:
the look of extreme distress one makes when drinking a Volcano at Trad'r Sam- one of the worst drinks ever concocted.

Ain't that the truth; it actually gives The Quicksand a run for its money...

Congratulations, Thayer, you are now officially one of the KoolKids™. Hooray for you!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-23 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-19 20:42, Humuhumu wrote:
Randy, your pictures are amazing! What camera are you using?

Hi Humu, thanks very much! Not to get all technical, but those are all taken with a Canon 40D and a Canon 28mm f1.8 prime lens, wide open at 1.8 and 1600 ISO. We got it around last Christmas and have taken over 7000 photos since then (!!?!). Give a new camera to a couple tinkerers with a 3 year old, and that's what happens.

While we're on the subject... Inky, your fisheye pics were great - the flash with the sort of vignetting effect puts some kind of magical zip in those (must be the zazz?). Also, croe67 some of yours have beautiful lighting, especially at Trad'r Sams (I think?).

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-23 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

While we're on the subject... Inky, your fisheye pics were great - the flash with the sort of vignetting effect puts some kind of magical zip in those (must be the zazz?).

It's all in the ZAZZ and remebering to take the lenscap off.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-19 15:42, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
this picture of james a.k.a. Tikibars is very unflattering.....i feel it should be removed immediately from this thread, for as a wiseman (wiseguy?) once said.."it not only makes james look bad, but whoever posted it as well".....

Hahaha, nice one Dave.

(For those not in the know, the ever acerbic Tipsy McStagger is making reference to a time when he was asked to remove a supremely unflattering photo of yours truly from a thread about one of my book signing events. He complied with the request, but we all knew he'd find a way to seek revenge!)

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-08 08:49 am   Permalink

That's it! Next year I will be there no matter what!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 2:41 pm   Permalink

Here's Suzanne and I at Trader Vic's Emeryville in all our splenderous plumage.

Thanks Boris!!
Happy Nude Year to everyone, everywhere in the world!!! May YOUR colorful plumage shine bright this year.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-01-01 14:42 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation