FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 4:52 pm   Permalink

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2008/dec/18/24-hours-las-vegas/

p.s. Mele Kalikimaka!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 10:40 am   Permalink

First clear day here. Wednesday night and Christmas was stormy, heading to Aku Aku again this afternoon for sunset and then to Frankie's for a Mai Tai and a toast to Eli.
Kirby maybe I'll see you there. I'll bring my laptop with some TC events slideshow too.

Moss, Ben and all of the artists! Thank you for a very cool place!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nkash001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-27 9:41 pm   Permalink

Drinking last night with some friends out of Frankie's mugs. (I have the whole set!)

View Profile of nkash001 Send a personal message to nkash001      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 10:06 am   Permalink

Friday night waiting for Kirby with some fellow TCers P Drake,John O and Rum Shaker.

Prayed to the Tiki god which my girl friend refused to do. She won two Texas Holem tournaments, me none. WTF Crazy Al?
John O and I tried Rum Shaker's Mai Tai.
Better than Trader Vic's, I kid you not!

I ordered my Mai Tai in the Lava Letch mug. Heh heh

John O samples his Mai Tai and with his friends.

Frankies got lucky getting Leroy to carve a Tiki for them. Carves very few these days I hear.

I drank a toast to Eli and the Aku Aku picture hanging on the wall after visiting Sunset Park and the Aku Aku which is becoming hidden behind the trees. I walked around the lake and asked everyone " So whats the deal with the Easter Island statue on the island?

A few responses "I think he is a fishing god" "Statue?, I never noticed it before"
" They made it for the park" "It came from Treasure Island" " It's a indian carving"
I am making a video for You Tube with these and other replies that will be posted soon.
He needs a new home or a least a plaque with the history.

Rum Shaker with her own Murky Lagoon that she served at Tiki Oasis. Not on the menu yet but it should be.
Moss, order a Murky Lagoon mug and add this one!

Oh yeah, Lemon Hart for well rum I'm impressed! Nice collection of rum too.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 08:17 am   Permalink

We may stop in on New years.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 5:30 pm   Permalink

man what an awesome tiki bar.. I had the hairy beever oh I mean the bearded clam in the mug.. it was pretty good, the dude forgot the swizzel but perry went back up and got me one..polly had the lapu lapu and she liked it alot..Thanks pdrake for meeting up with me and showing me around, the double down was cool too . bummer i wasnt able to meet any of the other tiki peeps there this weekend..mabey next time.. here are a few pics..
kirby and polly

pdrake and kirby in front of tiki rays tiki

lil lost sumone or sumthing er I dont remember

my fav tiki by far crazy als masterpiece

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTodsmack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-31 4:52 pm   Permalink

I got to visit Frankie's last Saturday!It was everything I thought it would be!The pics I took are the same that already have been posted..I was hoping for a on site store for mugs and a t-shirt...I'll order them online,Unless they will be selling these items soon??Any info would be awesome...

View Profile of TikiTodsmack Send a personal message to TikiTodsmack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 10:09 am   Permalink

Wow, great pix. Matt & I had to check out Frankies place since we had an 8 hour layover in Vegas on Dec 12, so we took a cab and had a few drinks. Great place!

Open 24/7!!

Love the tv's playing vintage clips

Fantastic Juke Box filled with Tiki Tunes, Awesome!

Time to order drinks I believe we ordered a sea hag, zombie and later the bearded clam, highly recommended by other patrons we spoke with

Here we are with all our swag! Couldn't go overboard since we had to carry these on the plane (or we would have bought more)

I'm always making new friends

Matt likes to say "Mookie is hammered" I have to say I was feeling no pain and ready to board the plane and try to sleep (red eye has new meaning)!!

Frankies is a fabulous place and I'm sure it will be a hot spot for all tiki lovers. I love how every detail was thought of down to the music and vintage tv images, and the artwork, plus the drinks are top notch!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 10:21 am   Permalink

Hey!
Here's a riddle....
Why are these two jolly punks doggin my painting?
Answer: 'Cause it's not made of Donuts!

Less Mai-Tais
More StairMaster!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-02 1:15 pm   Permalink

They're digging the penis on Crazy Al's tiki.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 7:15 pm   Permalink

Here are a few PRE-TIKI Frankies pics.

These were takin the day after the Sex Pistols show at the Hard Rock last June.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 10:50 pm   Permalink

hey llT and grog you dont have to photoshop a pic of me to make me look fat ,we all know I am, and according to my doctor, its a glandular problem, not donuts..shame..not funny to make fun of the handicapped..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 10:21 am   Permalink

Quote:
hey LLT and grog you dont have to photoshop a pic of me to make me look fat ,we all know I am, and according to my doctor, its a glandular problem, not donuts..shame..not funny to make fun of the handicapped..

We can make fun
cause we have the same problem!

it's called
Mild Mid-life Sedentary Disorder....
it affects painters more than carvers
especially folks who do both!

but it IS contagious!
You must have gotten it from Perry!

Hey Ben,were you able to grab that BUD sign
in between VOGUEing?

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-26 10:40, Ojaitimo wrote:

Moss, Ben and all of the artists! Thank you for a very cool place

OjaiTee!

thanks for all the great photos. i am so geeked to get out there and see Frankies in all its GLORY!

And Mookie, extremely good taste in choosing ur embibing location!!

Alohas, t

[ This Message was edited by: BigToe 2009-01-03 11:15 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 6:09 pm   Permalink

hey, everyone puts on a few pounds over the holidays.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation