FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
the only Las Vegas TIKI BAR ....Frankie’s Tiki Room 24/7 baby!
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 4:39 pm   Permalink

Took my little brother to Frankies last night for his 21st birthday. Carmello the bartender knew his first drink as an official legitimate of age and first tiki bar experience was to be a Zombie. He drank that with the bravado of a matador fighting a bull. He finished that one and requested an Irish car bomb. I looked at him with dissapointment and reminded him he was in a tiki bar and that there is no Guiness in Frankies. He decided to go with a Bender Ender, which he drank out of his new tiki mug and sipped on that one a little more cautiously and began to feel a little warm and fuzzy. We did a tour of Frankies and admired all the artwork and carvings and i gave him a little background on the artists. Mrs. Mongoloid did the Shag hidden vice game and it was revealed she was into Smut! Carmello set off the fog machine in front of the massive Crazy Al tiki and we watched Camp Burlesque on the flat screen and listened to Exotica and surf music from the juke box. He finished with a mai tai and looked at me and confessed that he was drunk. I smiled and hugged him and wished him Happy Birthday! Frankies is an amazing place with the collaboration of all the top notch artists and carvers that has a cozy feel and the drinks are excellent. I wish it was in my backyard, but my brother who lives in Vegas told Carmello that he will be seeing him again soon. Before we left this morning to come back to So Cal i woke him up to say goodbye and he sat up and said he was still drunk. I told him to check into rehab or go back to Frankies.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 08:28 am   Permalink

Moss wanted me to tell all the Tiki Freaks that Frankies is now Tweeting?

twitter.com/FrankiesTiki

Also Facebooking and Myspacing too.

Enjoy.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 08:24 am   Permalink

bump...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 04:57 am   Permalink

Just back from Las Vegas... made it to Frankies... WOW!

Absolutely love the place-- this is what tiki bars are meant to be! First, as you get to the parking lot, you notice that this is a small, unassuming building. (Perfect!) Then, as you enter you see nothing. That's because your eyes need to adjust to the dark interior. (Perfect!) Then you see how every square inch is great tiki, no attempt at pleasing everyone. (Perfect!) Then you taste your Zombie... Perfect!

Tiki fans should not miss Frankies!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

2 or 3 times every week we will send out a tweet with a secret word of the day. Be among the first 3 people to stop by Frankie's Tiki Room and say the secret word to the bartender and your first drink is free.

Check us out at twitter.com/FRANKIESTIKI and every week you might be drinking on the house.

Mahalo

P. MOSS

via Bamboo Ben

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikefx
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-29 08:28 am   Permalink

SWANGULO DESIGN will be there!
I (big mike) will be playing in our Punk-DEVO-cover band at the double down Sept 18th and plan on visiting the one and only Tiki Bar for sure (possibly every day from 16th-20th. We have been looking forward to seeing/drinking at this place since it opened and we have a perfect opportunity to do so now.
Cant wait!

View Profile of mikefx Send a personal message to mikefx  Email mikefx Goto the website of mikefx     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spycygrl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-29 6:33 pm   Permalink

We're finally making it to Frankie's this weekend! Boyfriend is playing Double Down during ROLLERCON (with Pat Todd & the Rankoutsiders) and we plan to hit Frankie's beforehand.

Allegedly 108 degrees on Saturday, so I can't wait for a frosty tiki cocktail in what looks to be an incredible setting.

Woohoo!

View Profile of spycygrl Send a personal message to spycygrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 8:26 pm   Permalink

http://dailyfiasco.com/2009/08/19/cheese-brings-the-swank-one-last-time/

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 2:47 pm   Permalink

This was taken last month. I love my mugs. The bearded clamshell hit the spot.

Liddle Lola

[ This Message was edited by: LiddleLola 2009-08-21 14:49 ]

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-25 06:46 am   Permalink

I finally made it out to Vegas and got to see Frankie's. Wow, what an awesome bar. Ben and all the artists did a fantastic job. It's the kind of bar most people wish was in their hometown. Here are some current pics of Frankie's.

my brother

this is what it looks like your first 15 minutes in the place.... took forever for my eyes to adjust!

Looking forward to my next Vegas trip even more than usual now...

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 07:42 am   Permalink

Wow it looks like you were there pretty early. The place looks empty.

That's the great thing about Frankie's, you can have Zombie's for breakfast !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-25 09:33 am   Permalink

Tuesday, around 2:00 pm.

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kane Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-29 04:36 am   Permalink

I'm sure Frankie's is a great bar, but until I make it over that way I'll have to make do with the mug I ordered from the website. Thanks guys, for firstly having a webstore that ships over to the other side of the world at the click of a button and for secondly doing it so promptly. I really don't now why more bars don't do the same thing. And thanks for the bonus swizzles and matches!

View Profile of Kane Tiki Send a personal message to Kane Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Roadsidepictures

Posted: 2009-12-20 9:37 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple of shots I took a few years ago (pre-tiki)...

View Profile of Roadsidepictures Send a personal message to Roadsidepictures  Goto the website of Roadsidepictures     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 10:11 am   Permalink

i'm dying to get to here and trader vic's. trying to talk my wife into a trip for our 25th anniversary.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation