FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tikis in films
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
Tikis in films
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 05:25 am   Permalink

Wow thank's guys. I wondered where the weird Butlin's tiki mug idea came from.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-24 04:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-23 05:25, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
I wondered where the weird Butlin's tiki mug idea came from.

I heard from Trader Jim, who was told it by Vince Ray, that Vince Rays Uncle designed it and the menus.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-24 11:43 am   Permalink

Id love to know what happened to all that stuff when they took it down a few years ago,Probably just put in the skip!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-24 11:01 pm   Permalink

how hard is it to move a 40,000 pound tiki??? check this short film out!
http://youtu.be/v1cyzycI7iM

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-12 7:40 pm   Permalink

For fun here's some Japanese Tiki in their monster movies:

KING KONG VS GODZILLA - Tikis have ape heads

GAPPA - Tall Tikis in background to the left

GODZILLA VS MOTHRA - Tikis way in background

GODZILLA VS MOTHRA - Tighter shot of Tikis

GAMERA VS BARUGON - Note stone Tiki in background center

GAMERA VS BARUGON - Close stone Tiki in taboo cave

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-14 10:09 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 04:05 am   Permalink

Latest Tiki in film from the just released THE DESCENDANTS on DVD & Blu-Ray. They were not that easy to spot but here's three"

Tiki mask on wall in the Tahiti Nui restaurant set in Hanalei, Kauai (a real place) More masks in other angles in the restaurant but I'll show this one

Tiki on the right in Clooney home den

Small mug like Tiki in background behind to the left in his office. Need help on this one because it looks like it comes with a grinder/pounder like implement in the head. Anyone seen this before?

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 04:12 am   Permalink

Sorry here's a closer shot:

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 08:05 am   Permalink

CN, I think what we are looking at is the bamboo-colored version of this Okolehao bottle:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 8:26 pm   Permalink

Nice one Bigbro. I was hoping to get an answer on this thread but not this fast. I'm a tikiphile that doesn't drink so I'm ignorant of the drinking side of this culture which I know is an important part of Tiki. So I'm not familiar with this bottle, is it rare? Cause I'm trying to track it down with my set dressing pals.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-19 09:14 am   Permalink

I think that one is kind of rare, while you can still get most of the full sized Okolehao bottles for around 50.- bucks, here's my collection:

I found most of these in liquor stores on back shelves - but that was in the 90s. Most of them are made by Hawaiian Distillers:

The one in the Descendants is not even an Okolehao bottle per se: My version (above) has no type on it, and there is a blue one that says "Vodka" on it in Phil Roberts' "Waikiki Tiki". So I think it was made as a decanter and sold empty. Mine is signed thus:

Waikiki Tiki has a couple of other ceramic Tiki pieces by Kay Good in it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-19 7:10 pm   Permalink

nice goods

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-20 1:26 pm   Permalink

From the Charlie Chan movie "The Feathered Serpent"

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-20 4:49 pm   Permalink

aloha,

Quote:

On 2012-03-19 09:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
I think that one is kind of rare...

Pretty rare as they go.

Quote:

The one in the Descendants is not even an Okolehao bottle per se: My version (above) has no type on it, and there is a blue one that says "Vodka" on it in Phil Roberts' "Waikiki Tiki". So I think it was made as a decanter and sold empty. Mine is signed thus:

I think I would agree with that assessment... it's probably a Kay Good. It looks much smaller (in the shot) than the vodka decanter. She apparently did work in Hawaii while/after Adele Davis sold many of her molds to the Daga boys. Same basic period Mid-late 1960's and Early 70's. None of the ceramics professors or kiln operators (from the day) seem to know too much about her. (And no one can as yet tell me anything more about Lokena...)

The Vodka decanter was presumed part of a set with other colored bottles by 'Adele Davis.' I've seen a yellow tall decanter like your green one, Sven.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Quiet Village
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-20 5:41 pm   Permalink

From 1970, The Hawaiians.

View Profile of The Quiet Village Send a personal message to The Quiet Village      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation