FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Grapa-Ruha's Carving a meal for the Marq pg.10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Grapa-Ruha's Carving a meal for the Marq pg.10
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 11:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks very much for the pictures of the drills, this helps a lot. I think I know wich kind of "driller" you used but did you use the "hammer" drill mode in french it is percution mode or simply the turning mode ?

Waiting for new update

Benjamin

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 05:19 am   Permalink

Thanks, Lake and Seeks.
Since he did not fit under my drill press, I drilled this guy by hand. Pretty hard to keep everything straight and lined up but it worked out fine in the end.

Benella, I used the normal turning settings on my drill, works great. I only use the hammer setting for drilling concrete.

One pic was made without a flash and with some background clutter removed. It gives a better idea of what the lamp with its light on looks like.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 06:15 am   Permalink

Excellent Stuff Grapa-Ru, that lamp looks perfectly finished sitting there so pretty/ugly, however tiki lamps are supposed to look. Really nice piece.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 4:25 pm   Permalink

Looking good,the only thing better would be a pair of lamps.

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 12:16 am   Permalink

E X C E L L E N T

Excellent stuff, dude and thanks for the reply.
The pix without the flash is really better, at least to me !
I had an idea with a lamp too but differently done, something like a tiki with the lamp on his hand... something really sneaky that I hope to be able to carve and realyze one day !

Bravo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 10:09 pm   Permalink

Your carve is really cool, very good execution, mounting lamp is very well done... I just reserved for the lampshade that seems to me a little sad, not the height of the sculpture...

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 2:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha my Tiki friends,

It's been awhile since I posted something, but sometimes there is more in live that has to be dealt with than just having fun with a piece of wood. But it can't be just about work neither so here as fast Marq I carved for the garden.

Benz, thanks for the compliment.
Mudbone, 2 would be a real challenge or work thanks
Benjamin, Thank you. Keep chipping wood
Laoija, Thank you for your kind words and don't feel sad about the shade. It's just temporary until I come up with or make something better

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 2:55 pm   Permalink

That lamp kicks ass!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 3:05 pm   Permalink

Nice job! he looks strong.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 8:16 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Grapa, dig the lamp!

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 12:27 am   Permalink

Hi Dude,

Nice work on the half body/hands.

I love the "diamond" eyes.

Benjamin.

Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 2:12 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, for all your kind words and compliments.
Here's something different, I dug up a bone from when I was a dog.
Made a hook out of it and finally got the cord right.

Thanks for watching

mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 3:54 pm   Permalink

When you dug up that bone, it wasn't a mudbone was it?

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 3:55 pm   Permalink

Good looking bone hook.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 5:43 pm   Permalink

Nice style and cord work.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation