FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR's Experiments in black velvet.. "Molten Moai" FINISHED! page 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
THOR's Experiments in black velvet.. "Molten Moai" FINISHED! page 4
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 6:24 pm   Permalink

insane! great work.

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 9:23 pm   Permalink

I totally appreciate the feedback!! Again..I am just firing into the trees and seeing what falls to the ground as far as these velvets. Robb said it well..it's all about experimenting. I learn with each piece what to do and what not to do. Anyways..here is the finish of the "Molten Moai".

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2008-11-09 21:30 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-09 10:48 pm   Permalink

Wow!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-11-09 11:21 pm   Permalink

So, when can GROG come and pick it up?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 06:42 am   Permalink

Grog....Didn't you tell me to finish the one of you wearing the chartreuse banana hammock first?

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 07:21 am   Permalink

Just plain AMAZING Thor! It's a Velvet Renaissance! You all have such an open door, I can't wait to see what's on the other side.

The show you guys were talking about really is a must.

DYAM FINE!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 1:26 pm   Permalink

Dang THOR!
Way to go nailing velvet in 3-4 paintings!
Could you be more intimidating!?
It's like you were born wearing velvet diapers!
Congrats on pushing it'
AND nailing it!
That lava is insane!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 4:59 pm   Permalink

Ok do you suck at anything? LOL!

Amazing, amazing, glad to see you putting your stellar skills to velvet.

It is so cool to see the resurgence to velvet again.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 6:53 pm   Permalink

Every new addition to this piece makes it better and better. Excellent, repeat EXCELLENT lava!

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 06:59 am   Permalink

Thanks Robb!!

Now coming from the "Velvis"..that makes my day!! I am hoping to see more of this endless talent on TC get into velvet! There is no one style or approach that is ultimate. Some will struggle more..others may find it a natural transition. In the end though, everyone will learn from each other and have created an unimaginable resurgence. This medium is really the ultimate absence of light and like a dark room where someone says.."Ok..start painting in the air with a light stick".

It makes you ponder all the interesting light sources in our world....or invented worlds. I have so many ideas I wish I could focus on this more and I could be in a room with 50 panels of stretched velvet to get this stuff outa my head. Anyway...if there are any other's out there interested, let's push on a group to study and learn from each other how to get a velvet renaissance that intrigues this generation. Viva La Velvet!!!!

KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-09 10:45 pm   Permalink

WOW, Tom!!! That is just TOO cool (and HOT)!!!

I can't BELIEVE you just started with this medium and have already progressed to a point where it looks like you've been doin' it for YEARS! Talk about a quick study!

I HATE you! (lol) But I LOVE your talent! And I agree with that post re. the Aurora model art look! A definite compliment in my book. And how cool you had that teacher who had done those Aurora paintings! My "Famous Monsters Kid" nostalgia is going into overload!

Man -- you da BEST! I even geeked out on your very FIRST piece! (I'm a sucker for All Hallows ANYthing!)

Keep up the amazing work, my friend!

Cheers & Mahalo

Paulo

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 09:58 am   Permalink

P.S. MUST make prints of 'Molten Moai'!

MUST... MAKE... PRINTS!!!

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 07:43 am   Permalink

WOW Thor, I can't believe I haven't been over to this "Side" of creating for so Long. Seeing your progress in just a few short months and a few pieces makes it seem So much longer. I really love how you Jumped right in and attacked the media head on. speaking of heads, the Shrunken one on a stake is just mind blowing. Your explanations about painting with light really help me to see More than I would have without it, not being a painter, that light stuff is important. Working with sculpture we work with Shadows all the time and the light brush is an excellent example. I wish I had a light brush and a shadow brush.
Anyway the Stuff you are creating is definitely top shelf and if the latest lava is any indication, you will be an Expert at this very soon if not already.
I Love the matter-of-fact, non caring look on the Moai's face as he just seems to ignore the hot Lava which is about to envelope him. I guess he knows it will only preserve him for another thousand years.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 10:39 am   Permalink

That lava flow is amazing! Great work!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-27 11:05 am   Permalink

That's an amazing work. Nice job!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation