FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Can't sleep...araghhhh!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Can't sleep...araghhhh!
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 07:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-23 04:00, RevBambooBen wrote:
go'in on 5 days of waking up at 3:30-ish a.m.

what gives?

( this happens often)

When you wake up are you staring at a white ceiling? If so, it's just guilt taking its toll. Cure: bamboo the bejesus out of it and set sail for dreamland.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 08:56 am   Permalink

I hope this will help. It has always worked for me. I sleep like a baby (except I don't spit up and poop in my pants.)

http://www.revengelady.com/

The "Santa Killer" may have taken this idea just a little too far. Sorry.

[ This Message was edited by: hellotiki 2008-12-27 16:37 ]

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 08:04 am   Permalink

for the past 2 weeks we have prettymuch been snowed in. No driving for me, ust hiking around the neighborhood. Normally I get atleast 2 rs of exercise everyday, but becasue of all te stoopid snow I cant get to my yoga class, or over to the pool for my mid day swim. You would think that the lack of exercise would really make me crazy , I need to burn off a certain amount of energy every day so i can sleep.
BUUUTT I went to the liquer store, stocked up on the rum and have been drinking plenty-o-cocktails. Consequently, Im sleeping really good!
YEA RUM

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-25 10:24 am   Permalink

That revenge lady is cuuuurazy...LOL. All week I have been waking up around 1am...get up watch TV...go back to bed at 1:30am...then wake up again at 3am and do the same for half an hour. Then I wake up just before the 5am alarm clock. On the weekends it is nap city for me...pisses me off as it is a good waste of my time off, but I am exhausted from this delightful insomnia. SIGH!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-25 10:37 am   Permalink

Maybe it's that little strip of white above the closet??

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 07:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-25 10:37, RevBambooBen wrote:
Maybe it's that little strip of white above the closet??

Nice lid. Yep. I think it's that white strip staring at you all night that's waking you up. Bamboozle it.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-26 5:37 pm   Permalink

Ben!!! That is the ceiling I want in my lounge, with a little tapa mixed in. I already have a ceiling fan almost identical to that one (with the light), so I am part way there. With the economy the way it is though, probably won't have the dough till 2010, but I am sure a group of us Sac folks could coordinate some projects for ya by then. Must be nice though to have that ceiling to wake up to.

I have resorted to taking 1 Excedrin PM some evenings, it seems to help a little, but tonight I might take 2 and see if it works better. Ahhh...better living through chemistry!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 02:14 am   Permalink

13 users browsing at 2 am. That's a lot of white ceilings.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 02:15 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: bettybleu 2008-12-27 09:35 ]

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 04:14 am   Permalink

I think it's just people who are logged in but not actually here. Or some of our global partners. Or robots. Real people aren't actually browsing at 4 Am Pacific, that's just crazy. Unless they're up checking for UFO activity. Which wouldn't be crazy at all.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 04:28 am   Permalink

um isnt it like 4AM now

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 06:03 am   Permalink

Then there is a corrolation between tiki collecting and insomnia, you must send me your tikis immediately and you'll sleep soundly hereafter.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 12:30 am   Permalink

I generally sleep fine, but to prevent any chance of future problems sleepin' I decided to heed naugatiki's advice and send alla my tikis his way. To save postage I decide to reduce their weight by first burnin' 'em all to lightweight charcoal and ash...

And while the fire was ragin' I
busted up all the mugs into small bits to save space. I'll get the whole mess...I mean collection...boxed up tomorrow and send 'em off on Monday.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-28 00:30, woofmutt wrote:
I generally sleep fine, but to prevent any chance of future problems sleepin' I decided to heed naugatiki's advice and send alla my tikis his way. To save postage I decide to reduce their weight by first burnin' 'em all to lightweight charcoal and ash...

And while the fire was ragin' I busted up all the mugs into small bits to save space. I'll get the whole mess...I mean collection...boxed up tomorrow and send 'em off on Monday.

My physician Dr. Somnambula informs me that only intact tikis with remove the spell. Much like removing lava rocks brought curses to Hawaiian tourists who took them from the islands. Im afraid the broken tikis have released their mana in the Seattle sky, more snow will fall next week along with a city wide Starbucks buzz that will last late into the night.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 03:00 am   Permalink

We should call this thread the 2:30am Club.
Here is another twist...my tiny, beautiful, loving wife...snores like a Canadian logger. Dang, the sounds she can make are not of this world, the dog finally gave up and went down stairs to sleep. The worse is, she stops...and then starts again 10 min later, RIGHT before I fall asleep. I have tried moving her onto her side, nose strips, that spray...
My son's home visiting and a buddy came with him so the guest room and the sewing room are full...next couch we buy is going to be big enough to sleep on, this one is 1 foot too short. Too cold in the camper...ah heck there is plenty of Christmas goodies to eat...

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs 2008-12-31 03:16 ]

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation