FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Can't sleep...araghhhh!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Can't sleep...araghhhh!
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-02 05:01 am   Permalink

Ay ya ya...up three times last night watching craaap on tv for an hour...I'm soooo burned out...now I have a migraine so not gonna make it to work. I hate to call in sick!!! Damned insomnia.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 08:11 am   Permalink

ACME has many products available to help you sleep;
ACME sledge hammer, anvil, falling piano and boulder are very effective.

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-05 02:32 am   Permalink

Need the Acme sledge hammer!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

"Sleep...I detest those little slices of death" spoken like a true speed freak. For some reason, I get my best sleep at work. BTW...alcohol does not promote good sleep (unless you consider passing out sleep). Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-10 02:37 am   Permalink

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 05:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-10 02:37, VampiressRN wrote:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Well you are named after a vampire and they're suppose to be awake at night,you might try changing your name to sloth and see if it improves.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-10 05:20 am   Permalink

LOL I am a sloth during the daytime.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-12 02:05 am   Permalink

The surfing wabbit was cute!!! One sheep...two sheep...three sheep...four...

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-12 02:05, VampiressRN wrote:
The surfing wabbit was cute!!!

?????

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-13 01:24 am   Permalink

More Bilge entertainment for the sleepless... http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34542&forum=13&1

Why are we still tortured with Billy Mays infomercials...please let him RIP...and stop making my ears bleed. I am so looking forward to this...

Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) wants the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to act—against loud commercials. Her "Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act' has just cleared a subcommittee and now moves to the full House Energy and Commerce committee for a vote.

The bill is only a couple hundred words long. It directs the FCC to come up with regulations so that:

* Advertisements accompanying such video programming shall not be excessively noisy or strident
* Such advertisements shall not be presented at modulation levels substantially higher than the program material that such advertisements accompany
* The average maximum loudness of such advertisements shall not be substantially higher than the average maximum loudness of the program material that such advertisements accompany

According to Eshoo, "Most Americans are not overjoyed to watch television commercials, but they are willing to tolerate them to sustain free over-the-air television. What annoys all of us is the sudden increase of volume when commercials are aired… This legislation will reduce the volume of commercials in order to bring them to same level as the programs they accompany."

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 01:41 am   Permalink

Entering into new era of sleeplessness, a new baby in the house. It's all good. Just awake...

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-04 09:45 am   Permalink

Bob I was up, we should have chatted. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 0100, unloaded the kiln, glazed a few items, put them in the kiln & started it, then went back to bed at 0300 to toss & turn some more.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-08 01:37 am   Permalink

Thank gawd there is a Monk marathon on. I am hoping to at least get 2 or 3 hours of sleep tonight. Finally got my new laptop (Xmas gifty from the Mother Unit) powered up and it is very nice indeed...the Solitaire program is beautiful...I need to learn how to play Free Cell sometime. Thanks for listening to my ridiculous blathering...hope your eyes and ears aren't hemorrhaging. Wondering why that Excedrin pm isn't working tonight. sigh

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-08 02:04 am   Permalink

Marlene, I'm up too - call me

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 4:42 pm   Permalink

Watch out for that Freecell - it's addictive! When I can't sleep I sit in the dark at my computer (because my husband is usually asleep on the couch next to me) and play this VERY addictive card game called Jewel Quest Solitaire which I downloaded a couple of years ago. I'll probably STILL be playing it in 20 years! Sheesh! If you like solitaire and you like the jewel quest games this is THE game for you! As a bonus, although the "theme" is more South American than Polynesian, there ARE some Tikis on some of the cards! AND you can have that rythmic jungle drum music going on in the background too (that lasts for about 2 minutes before you're racing to turn the damn thing off!) Hope you all sleep better tonight! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation