FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Kukui, Oxford, UK (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Kukui, Oxford, UK (bar)
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-05 07:38 am   Permalink

I think a trip to oxford may be in order, a day at the pitt rivers and the off for a night of cocktails.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-06 09:46 am   Permalink

Bad News - the pitt rivers is closed for a refit until the spring...

Good News - the refit is only the entrance, they are not messing with the wonderful old school museum feel of the rest of the space. I'll keep you posted.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chrisc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-07 2:03 pm   Permalink

What say we make a point of organising a TikiCentralite's visit to the Pitt Rivers on its opening in Spring?

However, would like an excuse to visit the new bar a bit sooner than that!

CHRIS

View Profile of Chrisc Send a personal message to Chrisc  Goto the website of Chrisc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonmawrtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-15 09:59 am   Permalink

Awesome work guys love the branding and the bar is wicked - I'm checking out hotels so i can pop along and sink a few in this tiki heaven!! Do they sell the mugs??

View Profile of tonmawrtiki Send a personal message to tonmawrtiki  Email tonmawrtiki Goto the website of tonmawrtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonmawrtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-15 11:26 am   Permalink

http://flisolo.com/student-news/outrage-over-naked-ky-jelly-wrestling-kukui

I'm definetly going now lol bar/alchol/feminist students/ snake show = argument/offence bad publicity - but what do they say about publicity!?!

So funny!!!! hasnt put me off a bit!*!?

View Profile of tonmawrtiki Send a personal message to tonmawrtiki  Email tonmawrtiki Goto the website of tonmawrtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 08:39 am   Permalink

I'm going to be passing through Oxford during the Xmas break on the way to visit relatives - does anyone know the opening hours on the 30th of Dec?

Also, do they sell the mugs?

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 1:18 pm   Permalink

Very cool looking bar.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-25 05:51 am   Permalink

I'm going to be in Reading for the next couple of weeks, and I was wondering if anyone in the local Ohana has been here yet. If so, is it worth a visit, or is it just a weeklong student debauch? When is the best time to go so I don't have to be surrounded by drunken Oxford 20-somethings looking to bash my skull in?

Mahalo in Advance,

Mr. BH

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-02 07:05 am   Permalink

The first idea I ever had at what a tiki bar could look like was right after viewing some Shag work. Very crisp, clean, modern tiki and I think that place nails that. Classy and soon to be a classic.

Love those Blue Puffers (time to switch out the bulbs in my blow fish and buy a couple more).

-t key

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-02 10:52 am   Permalink

update....

I went during the holiday perion (on the 30th of December to be precise) - unfortunately they were closed!

They only seem to open as a late bar (10pm - the early hours) so check before travelling.

RE: the mugs - apparently they aren't allowed to serve drinks in them - probably some stupid food hygene law - so they have been selling them on eBay.

[ This Message was edited by: Pikeys Dog 2009-02-02 10:53 ]

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 02:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-02 10:52, Pikeys Dog wrote:
They only seem to open as a late bar (10pm - the early hours) so check before travelling.

Good to know. Sounds like I'll have to give it a pass, as this is way past my bedtime...

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 05:12 am   Permalink

Amazing to see this place in my old stomping ground.
Jamie - you've done an incredible job, judging by the photos!

I'm in Oxford this weekend for my brother's stag night and with a bit of luck I'll be able to steer
the stag party in that direction.

Does anyone know if 10:00 pm is still the opening time? It's just that by that time we'll have been drinking solidly for 7 hours.......

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hajduk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-03 5:11 pm   Permalink

I went there holloween night. It was a shame that the toilets aren't so great. Its also annoying that the glasses/bottles are plastic. I didn't see any mugs?

Looks great though, massive place.

View Profile of Hajduk Send a personal message to Hajduk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 06:00 am   Permalink

Thanks Woody, good to see you are back, give them a call to see what time they open.
Hadjuk, unfortunately Oxrord city council have decided that most bars cannot use glass anymore. They are looking at producing resin or acrylic tiki mugs.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-04 07:07 am   Permalink

What an absolutely redicul-arse reason to be not able to use tiki mugs in a bar, bloody nanny state.
I'm always worried that any future Scottish tiki bar won't be able to serve four people volcano bowls due to the fact it might "encourage over drinking".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation