FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Mag's Winter 08-09 Issue Release Party (Nov.21)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Mag's Winter 08-09 Issue Release Party (Nov.21)
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 3:56 pm   Permalink

this is against my religion... to "Stock then deep!! sell them Cheap!... but here go nothin' as they say.....

Economy Stimulus Packages and Deals tonight only!! mugs and raffle!!!

get my new #12 decanter at reduced price (those who have bought already, don't bum-out... these few offered are lacking the full color range of the ones previously sold) Fire it UP!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5RNMiHUnbY&eurl=http://tikimania.com/docs/ALmug11_12.html

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2008-11-21 16:02 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:40 pm   Permalink

awesome food ...great artists... fun times...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:50 pm   Permalink

we had a great time. good to see the people I've already met and it was good meeting new people.

It's nice to see places do good business

damn good twice baked potato

My personal Hina Kuluna and Marty Lush

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Joe 2008-11-22 10:00 ]

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 02:47 am   Permalink

it was a great time, a nice opportunity to chat up some of the artists involved and see some of this great work in person. it seems a great venue for a show, and was cool talking with people in the bar,enticing them to enter the art area and find great stuff to add in their enjoyment of the cocktails. forgot to pick up the new magazine (six mai tai's tend to make me a little forgetful), hopefully it should arrive in the mail soon.

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2008-11-23 01:07 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 07:38 am   Permalink

Just wanted to say it was GREAT to see everyone!! I was lloking at all the great art in that room and thinking how AWESOME it would be if Damons made that room ore of a Tiki focus feel. It's separated enough that there could be a slight shift in feel that was less general polynesian and more "TIKI MOVEMENT" (that's also what you have the next morning after too much Damon;s food!)... lower lights, spot lit art and lots of wooden tikis .

Maybe they use it for weddings or events though and that would be too "themed" ..I dunno. Anyway...back to painting..I had my socializing ration for a few weeks!! Again, it was a privilege to be with the wonderful art of my fell artist Ohana......Aloha!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 08:44 am   Permalink

I had a great time last night!! The art was freakin radical!! I am amazed by Squids "shrunkin head bowl" that thing is huge!! Big Toes stuff blows me away...period. Monsters and Tiki's what a beauty way to go!! And I put a down payment on one of Little Lost Tiki's paintings and he let me take it home anyway. Good Dudes all of em!! And it was cool meeting new peeps!! And hanging with my old pals too!! It was also cool chatting with C'Al and Thor before the show. Oh yeah!! BTD was tearing it up on the wheels of steel too!! I wish we could of rocked it a little louder though!! I am looking forward to more good times in the future.

Oh yeah one more thing...Jonpaul did a awesome job photographing The Whale Rider and my house!!!

Thanks Nick!!

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2008-11-22 08:46 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-22 09:01 am   Permalink

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 09:16 am   Permalink

what was the deal with the plastic Halloween Bacardi cups???

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Joe 2008-11-22 09:16 ]

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 09:17 am   Permalink

Great pictures! So sad I couldn't make it. Can you please release more magazines... perhaps one tonight or tomorrow?!

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:51 am   Permalink

I hope you were able to drop off some magazines at TIki Ti. I will be there later tonight and hope to pick one up there.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 3:54 pm   Permalink

What a night! I didn't know Celine Dion was into Tiki? Cool seeing all the great artists work in one place. What a great place too.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 4:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-22 15:54, Ojaitimo wrote:

Luk-eeeee!

Quote:

On 2008-11-22 15:54, Ojaitimo wrote:

Wow - Uncle Shrunkle iss HUUUUGE! Those new bowls are great!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:27 pm   Permalink

I wasn’t planning on going to this (I’m a little evented out) but I knew that Jonpaul Balak was going to be selling prints of some of the pictures he took for Sippin’ Safari and I had to have a Blue Hawaii print.

I’m glad I went, the show was a lot of fun ~ great art, great space and 90 minutes free parking in the parking structure across from Sears.

So thank you Tiki Magazine, Damon’s and Jonpaul Balak!

OceaOtica entertains Atomikitty with his Fonzie impression.

GROG entertains no one with his Mr. Whipple impression.

I need a haircut.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:59 pm   Permalink

Wow! I'm so glad I finished up my gig just in time to make it to this fine bash. It was so good to see so many lovely people and such great art! Thanks to everyone who came out to Damon's to help Tiki Magazine celebrate another great issue! I'll probably think of more to say later, but I just got home from work and my brain is too fried to type. But, mainly I just wanted to say how great it was to spend even a little time with all of you. Ken, Thor, Dani and Go Go, Nick, Whoohoo and SoccerTiki, Grog, Jonpaul, Marie, Squid, Crazy Al... you are all just WONDERFUL. I love you guys! (And... cue Kari bursting into tears of happiness and sappy sentimentality... jeez, I need a bubble bath and some sleep.)

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 06:23 am   Permalink

damn, dman, damn!

always missing all the fun.

i gotta get a real job so i can make it to

these cool events!

looked like a blast!

can't wait to see the new issue!

rock on!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation