FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Wonderland III Dec.6 @ the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Tiki Wonderland III Dec.6 @ the Tonga Hut
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-07 22:16, GROG wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-12-07 21:54, Ojaitimo wrote:

Hey Grog, what does the card say? I can't tell?

It's pretty washed out in the photo, so it's hard to tell.

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 2:36 pm   Permalink

Goooooood times......

Did anyone lose a Drunken Monkey?

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 9:32 pm   Permalink

MAHALO GROG!!!! Thanks for hawking my wares!
Looks like there was a ton of great art there. Thanks to everyone that went out to support the event and the artists--looks like it was a blast!! All Hail GROG!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-08 21:32, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
MAHALO GROG!!!! Thanks for hawking my wares!
Looks like there was a ton of great art there. Thanks to everyone that went out to support the event and the artists--looks like it was a blast!! All Hail GROG!

Grog even signed one of your prints for me. What a guy!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 10:35 am   Permalink

Thanks again Grog for putting this on and having us.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 10:40 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for coming out to the art show. Sorry I missed it- I was in bed with a cold. I heard it was a great time and from the photos I can see its true. Thanks to Ernie for curating the show, thanks to all the artists for participating and to DJ Lee for the music, thanks to my staff (Trevor was out sick too), thanks to all of you for supporting the Tonga Hut and the artists and finally thanks to Jeremy for holding down the fort.

Cheers!

Ana

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 2:12 pm   Permalink

Good times were had! Even though it was almost midnight when I made it way the heck up there, there was still art to be seen and people to drink with...thanks you guys for putting this on! I think from now on December should be known as Tiki Art Month...it seems like there is a new art event every weekend.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 07:37 am   Permalink

Just wanted to post this before too much time goes by...

THANKS ERNIE FOR ORGANIZING THIS EVENT!

Thanks also to the artists and DJ Lee. Can't forget to say Thanks to Jeremy and the staff of Tonga Hut as well.

How does one choose what to buy at these shows? I saw so many objet d'art that were beautiful, well executed and RARE that I can't help but wonder what all these treasures will be considered in the future, you know, genius pop artifacts or simple folk art? I know - BOTH - and these will be systematically collected by many. Hipsters of the future digging today's artists..hipsters not even born yet!

It's frustrating when you get paid twice a month and the art show falls between paychecks on an "off" week - you know what I mean?

At least I bought a cool swag lamp from Eric, bought more than a few cocktails from the Tonga Hut bar and my friends bought items to take home as well. We must support the tiki community as best we can when we can. Aloha!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 10:33 pm   Permalink

Hey TikiG!
Mahalo for buying the lamp!

And a great big MAHALO to Grog for organizing the event and to Jeremy and Ana and everybody at the Tonga Hut for, well, being everybody at the Tonga Hut! Oh, and for hosting the event!

I had a great time! All the work was outstanding! I hardly had time take in all the great art.

The best, or at least most unusual part of the night was loading up my car with amazing (and well packed, and ENORMOUS) pieces of art from Kinny, Big Toe and Brad Parker to take over to Hollywood for the show this Friday.

I guess it's a good thing I'm so short, or Kinny's five foot pieces wouldn't have fit over the passenger seat... well, they barely did... I ended up scrunched down with a big box of art on my lap for the trip home.

Here's a few pix I managed to snap:

Manuel, Digitiki, Kirby and Joe Banks!

Big Toe and squid doing... er, something

Joe Banks and Squid

Manuel and me manning my table... look at all the tikijunk!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FeekeeTiki

Posted: 2008-12-11 11:39 am   Permalink

This is the first Tiki related event I've ever been to. I was introduced to the Tiki culture by a couple friends of mine that have been into it for some time now. I had a great time and met some very cool people. I am an artist myself, and that made me feel "at home" amongst these people. I'm sure I will be attending more events in the future. Thanks to the artists, all who were very approachable, and had no problem stopping to take a quick picture with me, and Tonga Hut for making my first experience a very memorable one. Mahalo!

Squid signing my "Bloody Haka PO'O" mug.

Me with Squid. Thanks, man!

Tiki Tony and I.

Me, Crazy AL, and Greg.

[ This Message was edited by: FeekeeTiki 2008-12-11 11:49 ]

View Profile of FeekeeTiki Send a personal message to FeekeeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 1:31 pm   Permalink

Feekee in the house! Welcome to TC!

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Tonga Hut last weekend. I was stoked you finally got to meet/talk with some TC artists too.

Did Christie like the Heather Watts T-shirt you bought her?

We'll have to get together soon at the Trenton Tiki to work some more on the garage - spin some exotica records - drink some Mai Tais - create art, man! Will probably see you guys during Xmas holiday.

Cheers!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FeekeeTiki

Posted: 2008-12-11 2:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks G. Yeah, Christina really likes the Heather Watts shirt. Yeah, we should all do something over the holidays.

View Profile of FeekeeTiki Send a personal message to FeekeeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:26 pm   Permalink

no attacking the Sant'er! f'n kids!

alright... Santer Rides were free fo da knotty kiddies..

i'll be sending a dry cleaning bill to this over excited kiddie

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation