FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2008-12-06 2:22 pm   Permalink

Can't wait for tonight!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 05:41, Tai Won On wrote:
I'm practicing my slurred speech and stumbling skills in preparation.
I think I'm gettin' pretty good.

Bee shur to let ush shno ware you fabeorit plaish ish Jim.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 10:43 pm   Permalink

Don't ask me how I got here!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 12:51 pm   Permalink

Well, I think the first of (hopefully) many cocktail tours was a great success.
Thank you Paul and Mark for organizing it. We had a pretty good turn out of people (around 10 I'd guess). I think any more would've made it difficult to get in to some of those places. As it got later, the stops got much more crowded. I tried a lot of new drinks. Some were excellent, some too harsh for my unsophisticated palate.
Here's a list of the good ones (what I can remember of 'em):
At Nihon

1. Sazerac
2. Whiskey Sour

At Conduit

1. Monks Voyage
2. Hemmingway..?.something or other?

At Range

1. Kokomo

At Berretta

1. ??? some seasonal special made with apple, mulling spices, and apparently rocket fuel. (strong, but quite tasty)

We anticipated a much worse parking scenario than we encountered. So we parked much further away than we needed to. So after our long walk back to the car. We decided to head over to Forbidden Island. What a great way to wind down an awesome evening.
I can't wait for next months tour.

[ This Message was edited by: Tai Won On 2008-12-07 12:52 ]

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 3:31 pm   Permalink

Yes! Big thanks to Paul and Mark! That was a lot of fun, even if I did poop out at the last stop.

Here are the drinks I had:
at Nihon:
1. Ginger Indochine - very tasty and refreshing!
2. Ginger Secret - too peachy

at Conduit:
1. The Shadduck - too grapefruity and the service kinda sucked

at Range:
1. Girasol - really nothing special
2. Doc Holiday - very fruity (has muddled huckleberries) and refreshing
Food note: The sweet potato ravioli was fantastic!

Beretta looked like it was gonna take a while for us to get seats and it was quite crowded, so I bailed at that point. At least my brake lights had finally gone off by then.

Can't wait for next month!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 4:26 pm   Permalink

So, no one up there knows how to take pictures?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-07 16:26, Bora Boris wrote:
So, no one up there knows how to take pictures?

Many pictures were taken, but not by me.

I had a Sazerac at the first stop and a Manhattan at the second. Sazerac was tasty, Manhattan was average. I'd like to go back to Nihon to sample some more of their menu.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2008-12-07 7:23 pm   Permalink

Man, this was a blast. Can't wait for the next one. The drinks and the people were great. Here's my list:

1. Nihon: Apple Mack: Interesting, good whiskey drink to start off the crawl
2. Conduit: Monk's Revenge: yeah I hoped on the bandwagon and got one too. It was great.
3. Range: Merona: light tasting, my least favorite of the night
4. Range: Kokomo: Very good.
5. Baretta: (something) Mule: another ginger drink that was pretty straightforward

At FI:
6. Missionary's Downfall, 7. China Clipper, and 8. a bourbon drink Martin made for me to finish off the night (Martin, did you ever remember the name?)

Good times!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
panda

Posted: 2008-12-07 9:18 pm   Permalink

Thank you Paul and Mark for hosting the crawl last night; I had a really good time! Berreta had my favorite drinks and I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Nihon.

Here are the drinks that I had last night:
Nihon
Green Man Tea (Yamazaki 12 Year, green tea liquor, pineapple and lime juices) - very good

Conduit
Monk's Revenge - tasty and refreshing

Range
Walnut Grove (walnut infused buffalo trace bourbon, averna, calvados, whiskey barrel aged bitters, honey) -the buffalo trace bourbon left a really nice aftertaste

Doc Holiday (Miller’s gin, huckleberries, carpano antiqua, vanilla) - the muddled huckleberries were really excellent addition to the drink

Berreta
Single village fix (mezcal, lime, pineapple, gomme) - smokey and delicious

Londsdale (gin, apple, lemon, basil, honey) - AMAZING, reminded me of a basil drink at the Martini Monkey

We also went to Forbidden Island after the crawl and I had the hot toddy that was on the drink special list; excellent way to end the night!

-panda

View Profile of panda Send a personal message to panda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-12-08 11:50 am   Permalink

Yeah, Hanford it was a Monte Carlo. Not sure why I blanked. Thanks all for coming over after a long night. I was out with several of the bartenders you visited last night, and they all reported you were a very nice and well behaved group!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 12:07 pm   Permalink

Did anybody get a menu?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2008-12-08 8:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for coming everyone....
Next up is:

SF Classic Cocktail Crawl #2 Sat Jan 3, 2009

1. ALEMBIC Haight St.

2. NOPA Divisadero St

- The Rum Runner -

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 10:38 pm   Permalink

Saturday night was a great start to the 1st of many SF Classic Cocktail tours! Here is my drink menu for the night.

Nihon Whiskey Lounge and Sushi
Mint Julep with Overholt Rye - Not bad, but I like a sweeter tasting bourbon in my mint julep.
Sazerac - Nice! A well made bourbon-based Sazerac.

Had 2 of their sushi rolls and some seaweed salad that were all excellent too!

Conduit
Monk's Voyage - Very well mixed and smooth! Way better than my attempt to make this at home.

Range
Kokomo - Tasty! Kind of a cinnamon taste to it...in a snicker doodle kind of way vs. a hot cinnamon candy way.

Berreta
Special Holiday Sazerc with brandy and holiday spices (nutmeg, cinammon) - STRONG! Took some time to finish it and a few glasses of water!

Forbidden Island
Mint Julep with Black Maple Hill bourbon - Awesome as always! And it was served in my silver mint julep cup that I keep at Forbidden Island...really!

I am looking forward to next months tour!

Here are some pics Paul took...

Nihon Whiskey Lounge - behind the bar...over 400 whiskies

Nihon Whiskey Lounge - we took over every seat at the bar

Conduit - Enjoying our Monk's Voyage

Conduit - The Rum Runner and his Hemingway cocktail

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2008-12-17 5:59 pm   Permalink

SF Classic Cocktail Tour #2 The Haight

Sat. Jan. 3rd

1. ALEMBIC 1725 Haight St @ Cole 4:30pm - 7pm

2. NOPA 560 Divisadero St. @ Hayes 7:15 - 9:00pm

optional stop between #1 & #2

Hobson's Choice 1601 Haight St (a good rum punch)

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 09:25 am   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation