FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 11:40 am   Permalink

I see the title of the thread has been changed, but I don't see any info on Crawl #3 besides a date. Do we have any other details yet, like the bars on the schedule?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 11:50 am   Permalink

In the next few days Paul will be posting info on the February crawl.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-01-27 7:13 pm   Permalink

SF Classic Cocktail Tour #3 Saturday February 7

1) GITANE #6 Claude Lane @ Sutter St. 5:30pm - 7pm

2) CLOCK BAR 335 Powell @ Geary(inside the Westin St Francis Hotel) 7pm - 8:30pm

3) FISH & FARM 339 Taylor @ Ellis (inside the Mark Twain Hotel) 8:45 - 10:00pm

all stops are walking distance from Powell or Montgomery BART stops

coming soon.........SF CC #4 Bourbon & Branch, Rye, Cantina March 7

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-02-02 7:29 pm   Permalink

See everyone on Saturday

If you arrive early check out:

CASK 17 Third St @ Market
Bourbon & Branch have opened this new wine & spirits shop
2 blocks from our first stop GITANE

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-02-03 6:49 pm   Permalink

BART is your best option Saturday
The Chinese New Year Parade is the same day
The bars should be less crowded

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 3:20 pm   Permalink

Chief Bartender and I will be there. Probably will check out Cask beforehand as we SHOULD arrive early. Love Bourbon & Branch so can't wait to see what the shop is like. See ya all Saturday.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 3:27 pm   Permalink

Stop by Cask if you have the time. I really enjoyed the place.I picked up some items, my regular liquor outlets didn't have.

have fun this round of bars are pretty good, Your lucky rumrunner scouted these places out.

2 cocktail recipes we had on the first bar crawl in Dec. I enjoyed them. I found courtey of small hand foods web site They make the Pineapple gum syrup. enjoy.

Single Village Fix
Thad Vogler, Beretta, San Francisco
1½ oz Del Maguey Minero mezcal
1 oz pineapple gum syrup
¾ oz fresh lime juice
Shake vigorously in mixing tin and strain into chilled coupe

Kokomo
Brooke Arthur, Range, San Francisco

1½ oz Flor de Caña 7 year rum
¾ oz pineapple gum syrup
½ oz fresh lemon juice
½ oz Benedictine
½ oz Madeira
Shake all ingredients vigorously in a mixing tin and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg on top.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-02-06 9:11 pm   Permalink

Glad you can make it
Take BART to avoid the parade traffic

Did some good research for the Oakland crawl
FLORA, MUA, OZUMO

hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 12:53 am   Permalink

I can't wait! See ya there!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 03:12 am   Permalink

Kim and I will be there!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 08:11 am   Permalink

Brenda's running a fever so we won't make the crawl this month. Bummer because we were looking forward to the company and the fine cocktails. Be sure to hoist a Manhattan and a Cosmo to our absences.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 3:08 pm   Permalink

Man, this was a blast! The Chinese New Year parade made things tricky, but we made it work in the end.

I could not make it across the parade route to get to the first location, so I went directly to the second location (The Clock Bar). The drinks there were very good. The staff was very knowledgeable about their drink menu and the bartender was very friendly. My favorite drink was the Sage Advise.

The third stop was Fish and Farm. I had the Persimmon Flip, which was yummy. We didn't stay here long, but I also had their Fried Chicken dinner. Was pricey but very good.

We then went back to the first stop (Gitane) so I could get in on that action. This was everyone's favorite bar. Our bartender was very nice and took a lot of time to explain the drinks and make recommendations even though it was fairly crowded. My favorite drink there was the Sing Sing.

Another fantastic night on the Paul Crawl! Can't wait for next month's! And thanks to Rumrunner for making this whole thing happen.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-02-10 9:08 pm   Permalink

#3 may have been the best one yet for drink quality

Fish & Farm had the most surprising one:

"Drunkin Pumpkin" pumpkin liquor, cinnamon vanilla vodka, sweet spiced cream, glass rimmed with graham cracker crust
a great end of the night dessert cocktail

Our friends at NOPA have opened NOPALITA, a small 32 seat Mexican restaurant at Broderick & Oak Streets

COMING SOON........SF CLASSIC COCKTAIL #4 March 7 BOURBON & BRANCH, RYE, CANTEEN
times to be announced soon

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2009-02-10 9:26 pm   Permalink

you've got a block, Paul. It's Cantina.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 10:21 am   Permalink

Sorry I was out of town last weekend, sounded tasty.

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation