FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Party at "Spermy's Blowhole" SATURDAY DECEMBER 13, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Party at "Spermy's Blowhole" SATURDAY DECEMBER 13, 2008
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 09:45 am   Permalink

Tikiyaki!!!! The Godfather of Exotica!!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-15 09:47 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 09:56 am   Permalink

Bummed i missed out on the festivities! Just got the new issue of Tiki Mag in the mail and wanted to say congrats on the article, your pad is truly amazing!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 12:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your hospitality! You have one truly amazing place -- it was an incredible party, including great drinks, food, bands and people! We had a lot of fun.

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MamboKing
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 4:13 pm   Permalink

I concur with everyone here: Spermy's place was AMAZING, the party was fun, the food was great, the drinks got the woman drunk, the bands were killer, the people I spoke to were cool & Jim kinda looks like Paul Castellano on his way from the Sparks Steakhouse.
http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/RadioFreeBakersfield
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

View Profile of MamboKing Send a personal message to MamboKing  Email MamboKing Goto the website of MamboKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 4:45 pm   Permalink

Ugh I'm still feeling kinda Grogy after the party.
what an amazing night,pad,food,drinks,bands,gang of TC folks and Friends of Spermy and Laura, and thanks for letting me crash there.
I was actually sobering up by the time everybody left,
but I was so exhausted after spending the day walking around at the Mooneyes carshow/drag races. then coming to your pad early.
I think I was out in 2 min, after I laid down.

damn I missed the meteorite shower.

thanks to you guys for opening up your great house to us all.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 5:26 pm   Permalink

Scott and Laura, thanks for hosting such as awesome party! The ohana spirit is strong in Hawthorne! It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new folks.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 6:18 pm   Permalink

I'm going through party withdrawals... do you mind if you guys host another this weekend? I'm just saying...

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 7:37 pm   Permalink

yeah thats funny.
If there was a party at Scott and Larua's every weekend.
I would never go to other tiki or surf events.
;-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 8:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-14 12:22, bongofury wrote:
The Drifters Reef cocktail was well received so I will post the recipe soon for all to enjoy.

I look forward to that. What a great cocktail....wish I had one right now!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

yeah I agree,
the Drifters Reef was a very good drink.
Strong too.
on Par with Ran(Kick the Reverb's)drinks.
Kudos Bongofurry.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 09:48 am   Permalink

Ive gotten several requests on my holiday ceviche recipe . I actually had to write it out once at the party for someone . Im glad you liked it along with the homemade chips . I think Crazy Al was the biggest fan of my chips that night . Heres the recipe.
10 limes
at least 4 kinds of fish ( I used salmon , red snapper , albacore , mahi mahi , tilapia and some crabflake )
1/2 large red onion
Garlic powder to taste ( I use a lot )
1 cucumber peeled
4 stalks of celery
4 roma tomatos ( they are firmer)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 medium bottle of spicy Clamato juice.
1 large pack of Guerrero corn tortillas
Roll the limes hard on a table with your palm to loosen the juice . Then cut in half and squeeze as much as you can . Cut all the fish up in 1/2 inch chunks and throw it in the limejuice and mix . The citrus actually cooks and tenderizes the fish . Cut all the vegetables the same way and add it in .Chop up the cilantro and sprinkle it in with your garlic powder. Then add enough Clamato to wet the mix down .Stir it up good and put in the fridge . Dont serve for a least an hour so it all gets flavored.
Half fill a deep skillet with corn oil and turn up the flame all the way . Take tortillas out of wrapper and slice the stack all the way down like your cutting a pizza . Fry a stack at a time in the oil turning them a few times . When they get brown enough , remove them and put them in a bowl with paper towels . IMMEDIATELY salt them while they are hot and wet to get the salt to stick . Dont tell anyone you are making it cause they wont save any for you . Enjoy !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 10:02 am   Permalink

Thanks Ray!! Yummy Stuff!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 11:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-16 09:48, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Ive gotten several requests on my holiday ceviche recipe . I actually had to write it out once at the party for someone.

That would have been me! I'm actually going to eat my attempt at this tonight (setup the fish in the lime juice last night). I'm sure it won't be nearly as good, but I'm excited to get close.

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 7:53 pm   Permalink

I'll post some pictures but for now here is a video of Spermy's Blow Hole Saturday December 13, 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3UdXpKHlRo

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 3:55 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation