FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-19 4:59 pm   Permalink

Just purchased my ticket.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 10:42 pm   Permalink

wow kinda sad news,
heres hoping for the best.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-20 7:12 pm   Permalink

I am literally posting this from a booth in Kona's Outrigger Bar from my BlackBerry...I've pledged to myself to only eat here from now on when we go out! Martin is on the jukebox and the postcards for the Jungle Jetsetters Ball are in the table tents! I wish I could be there so badly...we can't let this place die! Hope you all have a great time New Years Eve!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-20 10:12 pm   Permalink

My DD is going off with her dad for a New Year's holiday, so it looks like I'm a definite "yes". Don't know about my girlfriend, but we shall see. Woohoo! Looking forward to a great evening and seeing everyone there.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-21 10:34 pm   Permalink

I was there on sat. too.
from 4 pm to 6 pm ish.

sooo good,
can't wait for NYE.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 2:13 pm   Permalink

Anybody staying overnight at the 777 or the Ocean view? Maybe an after hours cocktail room party is in order!!!!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 6:39 pm   Permalink

Stacey and I got our tickets.

Can't wait to ring in the new year Tiki style!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 6:43 pm   Permalink

Do you think they'll let people look in the basement on NYE?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 8:08 pm   Permalink

Just played the cd for some Friends visiting from Israel, and they so wish they could go, but they are flying home on X-mas day.

I'm bringin 7 people.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-22 8:40 pm   Permalink

I think there will be enough people staying at the Ocean View and the 777 to get a room/motel crawl going.

I hear rumors of a "pre-game" cocktail-a-thon going on too.

I DO think there should be a Tiki New year's Breakfast get together the next morning after check-out.

Tikiyaki Pancake Breakfast !!!

Maybe at Woody's or the Harbour House ?

Why end the part New year's Eve ?

Tix are goin' folks, so get em' while you can !

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-22 20:42 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 8:47 pm   Permalink

PANCAKES!!

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 9:40 pm   Permalink

I say Harbor house, what time?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-22 10:18 pm   Permalink

Is 10:30 too early ?

On a different note

We recently shot a video for "Mai Tais on the Moon" at Bahooka. The video was directed by TC's own Joe Banks and features some really nice dancing by Tehani, whom alot of you saw at Crazy Al's 10 anniversary show at Bahooka. She'll be dancing with us New Year's Eve as well.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com/video.htm

Also, our new website is up and running, and was done by our own Digitiki - Mark Riddle.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

*** Also, we have a new addition to the stage show...2- 4ft carvings of our mascot tiki, designed by none other than Leroy Schmaltz. He had them carved in Indonesia, and are hollow inside so they are lightweight....I've decided to name them.... what else...? "Bob" and "Leroy".

The Leroy design is loosely based on the mug done by Squid, which was loosely based on the tiki on the cover of "StereoExotique". I think Leroy put his own stamp on the design, as did Squid, but they all have a similar look. The same goes for the pendants, that were carved based on the mug design, but given their own interpretation.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-22 22:26 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 10:23 pm   Permalink

very nice,
so suave,

and JP cracks me up,
as Ive said before,
you can take the boy outta the metal,
but you cant take the headbanger outta the boy.

great job to all involved.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 07:17 am   Permalink

My room's booked!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation