FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:15 pm   Permalink

Aww, that Tikiyaki Pancake Breakfast looks like it was FUN! Were was it held? It looks nice and bamboo-y... and are there tikis there?

Too bad we missed it, but I didn't get up until well after noon on the first... Well, I got up once at 9am, took some aspirin and drank a big glass of water for my throbbing head, and crawled back in bed. I guess that's what happens when one hits the sack sometime after 5am...

And that big ape! I remember seeing a gorilla running around on New Year's Eve and not really thinking it was that out of the ordinary until I saw the pix posted here... Wow! We need more gorillas at all the tiki events!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:33 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a freakin fantastic night. I still recuperating. Thank you to Tikiyaki Orchestra and Kona's for allowing us to ring in 2009 with style. I watched the waiters run back and forth to the kitchen working their bottoms off and the bartender was friendly the entire night, including when I asked for a water when he was closing up. Our food arrived with in ten minutes of ordering. I had a great night so many friendly new and also familiar faces.
Congratulations to Woohoo and Soccer Tiki. He really pulled it off!! Woohoo had no idea nor did the rest of us. I also can't forget the hot Gorilla, yummy. I'm really looking forward to 2009.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:35 pm   Permalink

Wow what a Great NIght/ and Historic Event,
Thanks to Tikiyaki for having me DJ,and asking me for the Eliminators suggestion, that means a lot to me.

sorry we didnt make it to the Harbor House Breakfast,
we went to Busters, as there was a kid, and we needed a mellower roomier place for her to run around, and some of our group wanted booze for breakfast
asap.

Good times indeed.
lets do it again soon.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eliminators
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:38 pm   Permalink

We hope The Eliminators met everyones expectations. The band has played some big gigs over the years, opening for the likes of Dick Dale, Chris Isaak & Jimmy Buffett. This ranks among The Eliminators all time favorite gigs. Thanks for such a warm welcome & your enthusiasm.

View Profile of Eliminators Send a personal message to Eliminators  Email Eliminators Goto the website of Eliminators     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-02 15:15, tobunga wrote:

And that big ape! I remember seeing a gorilla running around on New Year's Eve and not really thinking it was that out of the ordinary until I saw the pix posted here... Wow! We need more gorillas at all the tiki events!

Actually if you take a look at past Tiki events, the gorilla is somewhat of a traditional fixture. However if what you meant was "more gorillas" is in a per capita sort of way, then yes, absolutely. I think everyone would be happy to see a dozen or more gorillas running around at one time.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-02 3:39 pm   Permalink

Jeez...judging by these photos....what a bunch of sourpusses you all are.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2009-01-02 15:42 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-02 4:05 pm   Permalink

PiPhiRho - Mahalo for the Most Incredible New Years Day Ramos Fizzs WooHoo what a way to start off the New Year

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-01-02 18:03 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 5:01 pm   Permalink

I must say that I had the best New Years EVER . Everyone did a great job setting this up .The Eliminators set the tone for the night . That was one of the tightest sets Ive seen so close . The Orchestra was great as always but what a treat to hear some new songs from the upcoming album . I thought everyone there was awesome and in a great mood and having fun . Soccer tiki blew us away with his proposal .It was fun throwing party favors to the crowd too. Then I rushed back to the room to put on my trusty gorilla suit and banana while everyone was getting plastered . You should have seen their faces when they turned around to see a 6 foot and 1 inch Simian growling at them . Too much fun . The next morning was great as we all went to breakfast with me and Kinniki. Hell , I even got molested by Tigerlily and Woohoo while we were waiting for a table . Happy 2009 to all of you and have a great tiki year.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 5:41 pm   Permalink

The Pineappleman and his gal had a great time on New Years Eve

Here are some of my pics from the night

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-02 6:48 pm   Permalink

]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kiniki 2011-08-27 17:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfbeatnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-03 05:07 am   Permalink

Mahalo to all involved in putting this event on. My wife and I don't go out on New Years Eve very often and we are so glad we did. We saw many friends there and had a great time. The food was good (when it finally arrived!) and the drinks were potent! Thanks for the info about the local motels too! The scariest part of the evening was walking in the pea-soup fog along PCH back to the motel! Our new tiki pendants must been protecting us!

We picked up the Tikiyaki Orchestra CD and have placed it heavy rotation mixed in with the rest of our Lyman and Denny collection. Nicely done gentlemen!

We wish you all the best in 2009!

[ This Message was edited by: surfbeatnik 2009-01-03 05:21 ]

View Profile of surfbeatnik Send a personal message to surfbeatnik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 12:31 pm   Permalink

before we left we talked with the owner who is a really nice guy. he stated him and his wife are going to try hard and keep the place open but wasn't sure how long it would last (1-2 months). Everyone should go and support this place before it becomes a shopping plaza, condos, or another Zoobee's

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-03 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-03 12:31, Coco Joe wrote:
before we left we talked with the owner who is a really nice guy. he stated him and his wife are going to try hard and keep the place open but wasn't sure how long it would last (1-2 months). Everyone should go and support this place before it becomes a shopping plaza, condos, or another Zoobee's

Yes, Yes, Yes,.....Kona needs our support. They have great happy hour specials & dinner specials all week long.
http://www.konahb.com/ When you go in let them know you are from TC. They will appreciate your support.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-04 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-03 12:40, WooHooWahine wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-03 12:31, Coco Joe wrote:

Yes, Yes, Yes,.....Kona needs our support. They have great happy hour specials & dinner specials all week long. http://www.konahb.com/ When you go in let them know you are from TC. They will appreciate your support.

and... YES! Kona is Looking for INVESTORS says Chuck to me last night WOULD YOU LOVE TO OWN A TIKI RESTURANT/BAR.. WOW! Please call Direct!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-04 2:56 pm   Permalink

We were late for Breakfast (as usual) at Harbor House but we made it like noon lol... good times with Holden, Chris, Karen, Ray & Cindi, Gogo & Dani, Paul, Tiff... and off to Turks!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation