FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2008 (now with pictures!)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2008 (now with pictures!)
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-11-26 2:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

It’s that magical time of year again!

Forbidden Island is pleased to invite you to our Third Annual New Year’s Eve Celebration!

Just like last year, this event will be an exclusive private party for just 55 people- leaving plenty of room to celebrate, relax, and ring in the New Year in style!

Plus, we are pleased to announce that this year dinner will be catered by Alameda’s own Hob Nob Restaurant!

Each admission includes:

-Three of our famous signature exotic cocktails!
-Gourmet dinner featuring appetizers and desserts from Hob Nob Restaurant!
-The phenomenal sounds of world famous DJ Jab!
-Champagne Toast @ Midnight!
-Party favors & more!

Tickets are just $100 for an incredible night of entertainment and dining.

ON SALE NOW!

Don’t miss the best party in Alameda!!

Mahalo!

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-12-02 17:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-12-02 22:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-12-21 16:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2009-01-04 17:54 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GianFU

Posted: 2008-12-02 11:39 am   Permalink

Patra and I would love to share NEW YEARS at the FORBIDDEN ISLAND.....

Unfortuntately... we must go south this evening towards a funeral for grandmother tomorrow. We will miss the opportunity to buy Tikits to the event today

Hope all will have a good time.....

ERIC

ERIC . . . . . =8-|<

- - Let no man deny the force of TonRu-Tiki ! !

View Profile of GianFU Send a personal message to GianFU  Email GianFU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-12-02 6:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

We still have a few tickets!

At this time, we'll accept phone orders for NYE 2008. Call in to the bar with a credit card during business hours (TUE-THU 5PM-12AM, FRI-SAT 5PM-2AM, SUN 3PM-10PM), and we'll charge by phone and hold your tickets at the door. Hurry!

MAHALO!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 10:09 am   Permalink

Got my Forbidden Island NYE tickets and my hotel room. This year I am trying out the new Hawthorn Suites on Alameda for my NYE crash pad. Anyone else staying there NYE? I believe this is a new hotel on Alameda. I've tried the Days Inn, the Marina Village Inn and the Coral Reef Inn for past Forbidden Island events and these are not new hotels and delivery varying levels of guest experience (IMHO, Marina Village = current best on Alameda to Days Inn = current worst on Alameda).

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-12-10 09:16 am   Permalink

Yeah, the Hawthorne just opened up on Bay Farm. It's going to need a taxi or DD, but it's probably the nicest new place to stay- and they've got some good promo rates.

Just sold 10 more tickets last night, to a bunch of women from a Swedish Nudist Colony*, so hurry in to get the last remaining! It's going to be a great night- DJ Jab promises some kind of rare KC and the Sunshine Band 45 that he found, and now I suddenly wonder if I should not have told you that. (no refunds!)

*not actually true.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 10:10 am   Permalink

There is a Hawthorne Suites on Webster that has been there for a couple years now. Maybe that's the one Mark is talking about? It would only be about an 8-block walk from FI.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-10 1:48 pm   Permalink

KC and the Sunshine Band and nude swedes! Why hasn't this sold out yet?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-12-21 4:37 pm   Permalink

We are SOLD OUT! Thank you very much everyone! Have a great NYE if we don't see you here!

Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 03:45 am   Permalink

Tikitastic, Kim the Canuck, Tai Won On, KuKu and the Rum Runner will be there when the doors open at 6pm ready to ring in 2009 tiki style!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kālai Waʻa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-31 09:12 am   Permalink

Pele Nani and I will be there at about 7!

View Profile of Kālai Waʻa Send a personal message to Kālai Waʻa  Goto the website of Kālai Waʻa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-12-31 09:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-31 03:45, Tikitastic wrote:
Tikitastic, Kim the Canuck, Tai Won On, KuKu and the Rum Runner will be there when the doors open at 6pm ready to ring in 2009 tiki style!

3:45am?! good lord, man- get some sleep! you've got a long night ahead.

See everyone soon!

-martin

Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 3:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks Forbidden Island for an incredible New Years Eve. Martin and his crew sure know how to throw a party.
What a great time we had.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 6:44 pm   Permalink

word.

Where are the pictures? I was in a Disco Inferno.

where's my recreational coke....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-01 8:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Forbidden Island for a fantastic time! It was good seeing some old friends and meeting new ones! And no hangover, I guess I didn't drink enough.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-02 4:44 pm   Permalink

I think I had more fun than anybody this nite cuz I am just now recovering... THANKS SO MUCH to not only Martin but the entire crew of Forbiddin Island for throwing quite a bash. I know I had more than my share of everything and felt as though I was treated like royalty. What a great group of people to have rung in a new year with. Super thanks to Tie Won On for including me! You ROCK bro!!! Oh and Hanford as I was trying to say before my words (and everythig) became blured , much respect and admiration for providing a place for us all to keep in touch...

Is that marpaul or paultin?!?

these guys were there

oooo Ron has a scorpian bowl delivered

see what happens after the scorpian bowl!! but hey it's NYE

just before midnight things started to become a blur

2008/2009 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

and Melissa turned it up and was on FIRE!! HOT!!!

and this is the last thing I can remember...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation