[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Photos of the Aloha & Kahala Barcelona
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Photos of the Aloha & Kahala Barcelona
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

Trader Woody originaly printed this link. You can see the cool and different mugs up close.
http://www.hula-hula.com/cocktails.htm
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-23 11:00, Trader Woody wrote:
These mugs cost about 14-18 Euros each. There are a couple which cost more. Some are not for sale.
Formikahini,
2 Dozen mugs?! Good luck! I was only over for the weekend and had space for 4 mugs, a Moai pisco bottle and some strange booze.
(Absinthe - 19 Euros a bottle)

Hmmm...quite a bit more than I expected to actually spend for each (I'm afraid mine from my previous summer there were ill gotten - "gifts" from the undergrads on the trip, helping themselves to the 5-fingered discount as they called it!)

But regarding space - no amateur here! I'll have my huge bag for the 4 week trip, which will once again be evacuated of any unnecessary return objects (e.g. my towels, purchased cheap for the trip, for the purpose of being ejected for the return trip), and my large-as-possible carry-on. The purse can hold another mug. There's ALways room for one more mug!

So now the trick will be how to sweet talk those cuuute bartenders in Barcelona into giving me a considerable discount if I buy in bulk! Pull the Southern Belle thing? The tiki-lovers-of-the-world-unite thing? The I'll-trade-ya-one-of-my-students-for-those-mugs thing?

And that link to the mugs and drinks - Whoa! Those are inCREDible mugs! Maybe trade a hula dance per mug...hmmm...I gotta work on this. Any insight you can give would be appreciated, Trader Woody!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 2:48 pm   Permalink

Formikahini- PLEASE don't let it be a question of funding which stops you from a massive Spanish tiki glom! I for one would surely help out in sponsoring your hunt, if necessary, and don't forget about the wonder of shipping to keep from having to "manhandle" all that swag back to the states (but of course you've already thought of that I'm sure).

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-03-23 3:28 pm   Permalink

Trader Woody

Absinthe - 19 Euros a bottle, well that might put a crimp on how many mugs i bring back
when i was on honeymoon last year my wife laffed at me for only half filling my rucksack with clothes when we left home, but I was the one laffing when we managed to cram 16 1.5 liter bottles of spirits into our bags for taking back home.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 2:12 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple more Aloha Bar photos:

The Bar

TW in the Yul Brynner seat

The barmen - Note mugs for sale in the case behind!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation