FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » January Chop -THIS Sunday the 4th in Vista!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
January Chop -THIS Sunday the 4th in Vista!
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

Christmas is over, January is almost here, and I'm thinkin about a chop! When and where?
I'll offer up my new place if that's cool...

<edit> Sunday, Jan 4, at my new place in Vista.

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2008-12-30 18:03 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-27 09:57 am   Permalink

The weekends of Jan 17th, and Jan 24th I'm not going to be available.
Otherwise, BRING IT!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 10:09 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, the 3rd and the 4th are the only days that work for me in January.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 11:37 pm   Permalink

How far from your old pad is your new one, Bill?

Early January is good. We've got a lot going on in late Jan. and the Mods Vs. Rockers run is the 24th and 25th.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 12:18 pm   Permalink

New place is 8 miles east of the old place. I'm right by Guajome Regional Park, if you know where that is.

I'm gone to the desert the weekend of the 17th, so that leaves the 3-4, 10-11, 24-25, and 31-1.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-28 12:54 pm   Permalink

Count me in for whenever Bill...YAY! Chops at Wheelers new COSA! Wooo Hoooo!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 08:14 am   Permalink

Hmm, is the 3rd or 4th too short notice? That's this weekend! Seems like the date works for all...
Or we could do next weekend, the 10th or 11th.

Babs, I can have a table (or two) for clay. We have a sink in the backyard for cleanup, and you can check out what's in the garage, an electric wheel, and a disassembled kiln!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 09:00 am   Permalink

Hey Bill,

Yeah, instead of carving, I may have to work on some clay stuff at this Chop too. I'm beginning to miss carving...

Dude! It sounds like you are so set! A kiln...A WHEEL! Is the motor on the wheel good?...does it work? Even though I most certainly do NOT throw well, it would still be fun to dick around on it some with you. Let's get your kiln up and going

Man, it sounds like you are totally set up for some "major" rama lama choppin' mud jamas!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-30 09:01 am   Permalink

Happy New Year Everyone!

A chop at Bill’s is a good way to start off the new year. But Saturday is the Charger game. Sunday might be better for the football fans. We can bring food (musubi and or smoked marlin dip). We want to see Bill’s new place!

Diana & Bill

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-30 10:18 am   Permalink

Either weekend is okay with me. A kiln and throwing wheel! You've got the makings for a Clay Jam Studio Del Norte!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 11:33 am   Permalink

If we go with this weekend, I like Sunday better, too. Chargers on Saturday, even though it's a 5PM game.

So is this weekend too soon? Should we do it the 10/11th?
Votes, please.

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 12:26 pm   Permalink

What is the "The Chargers" thing you all keep talking about? I know not of what you speak.

I vote for this coming Sunday.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Podmaker

Posted: 2008-12-30 4:50 pm   Permalink

Hi Bill,

I'm new at the chops. I enjoyed that last chop at Meiko's place, and I met a few of you there. It was a good time. It's really inspirational to see the talent and variety all together in one place. Ellen was particularly charged up by the folks she met, and has been filing her notebook with tiki designs for weeks.

I'm committed to something else on the 11th, but the 10th sounds good. Or this weekend, either day, the 3rd or the 4th.

View Profile of Podmaker Send a personal message to Podmaker  Email Podmaker Goto the website of Podmaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 5:46 pm   Permalink

I like the 4th, especially if Kate can make it.

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 6:01 pm   Permalink

Looks like everybody can do the 4th, so this Sunday it is!

There will be TV available for anyone who needs to keep up on either of the playoff games.

I'll PM my address to everybody who's posted here so far. Anyone else, just PM me.

This'll be the usual time, 9ish til dark. Bring food if you can.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation