FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Scotty's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Scotty's Stuff
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 6:54 pm   Permalink

Thats great info, I put an add on craigslist and I got a reply from a guy in Katy that has a 12 ft. Palm needing chopped down. I am going to grab that one and any others I can find. I am going to try to catch up with Tiki Loco on Crystal Beach and see what I can get in that area too.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 6:58 pm   Permalink

happy new year scotty!! very cool new guy!!! wish i cld help w the logs!! keepem comin buddy!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 7:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks BTS and Amate, Your too Kind.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 06:00 am   Permalink

Love this little guy Scotty, Nice and Clean looking.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 08:28 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben!

Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-04 05:29 am   Permalink

Hey bro whats the story with the poupou?

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 4:05 pm   Permalink

Found them at a local antique store. Not to much of a story.

Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-05 3:23 pm   Permalink

Thats not much of a story!
They really interest me because they are similar to the Turanga style, but are closer to a tribe about 100k north of here. They both look authentic, except i have never seen two identical pou, and they have afew odd things. Like the feet, have they been cut off later with a saw to fit that stand? And the feet on the head i havn't seen before, unless there is a heke standing there. Also the tops look to be cut off, around the head. I was wondering if you can tell that its been cut up and modified, if it was authentic original, or they just made some junky replicas of two women? In the past here, entire houses get striped and divided and usually sold overseas for hefty prices. There are stories in there some where

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 4:21 pm   Permalink

It beats me man , I just barely caught them out of the corner of my eye at an antique mall. They are bookends, sounds like you know what you are talking about. As for me they just looked awesome and I bought them.

Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-07 2:36 pm   Permalink

Na man iv been exposed as a rank amature! The original came from here, the house was striped and is in the national museum, wellington. I didnt recognise the crazy nose, and the eyes are different from in my pattern books. I found another picture of it in the book Toi Whakairo.

Even if they are just modern replica they look pretty good from the picture! There is another book out that has alot of really good quality colour pictures of that house. Its called "The Maori Heirs of Tane" By David Lewis and Werner Forman.
I'll ask around the natives if anyone knows about your pou

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 3:30 pm   Permalink

I see where you are talking about it was cut off now form the feet on the head. Interesting....

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Very cool vibe on this one. Awesome job.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 6:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks T !

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 6:06 pm   Permalink

Well I went to Trader Vic's today to get some fun and studying in, but they were closed due to a broken pipe from the weather. Don't worry BigT, I will be back next weekend to get you that shirt I promised you.

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 6:23 pm   Permalink

that sucks!!! wish we had one here in fl!!!! and again luvin the wagon!!!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation