FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars "The Rumpus Room" Kirbys home bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
"The Rumpus Room" Kirbys home bar
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 7:33 pm   Permalink

Looks great! I wish my bar had a bathroom attached! And I totally agree that everyone should get out and build their own bar...

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 1:36 pm   Permalink

RUM-PUS !!!!!!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 3:54 pm   Permalink

Wow! Very nice. I wanna get in there and tip a couple back sometime.
Really outstanding. EVERYONE should build a home bar!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-26 7:24 pm   Permalink

f'ing a, kirby! you guys did an incredible job. your carvings and paintings fill your space to perfection. i'm starting my own project soon. i'll have plenty o' kirby in my room: teethgrabber, googie, da islands, etc. it'll be my first carpentry job of any kind. wish me luck! or better yet, come on up to sactown again.
p.s. ya better get ready for jonesEy and me crashing the rumpus room in aug.

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2009-04-26 19:27 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 12:07 am   Permalink

Killer job Kirby! I love it.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 3:07 pm   Permalink

WOW very nice , man kirby ur off the HOOK!!!

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-29 11:40 am   Permalink

GROG go to Kirby' Rumpus Room last night and hang out with some of the regular Tuesday night crowd. Trader Tom make YUMMY YUMMY drinks. GROG like very much. GROG hang out until early morning, about 1:30 am or so, listening to Kirby and others having a gripeumentscussion. Kirby starts by griping about something. It's mostly a gripe, but Kirby starts arguing that things shouldn't be the way they are, but when you try to explain/discuss why it is the way it is, Kirby treats it like an argument. But, the other persons don't really have an opposing view, because they are discussing other people's natures/actions/point of views that Kirby has a problem with. Now, it may not be in THEIR particular nature/action/point of view, but they are explaining that it is in other's. Kirby then continues to argue as if these people are DEFENDING these other people. But, then a point never gets resolved because instead of introducing a new idea to argument, Kirby's gripe kind of evolves to include another similar gripe which then evolves into another gripe. To Kirby. it's a discussion/argument, when in reality it's just an ever evolving gripe that can't really be resolved in an argument/discussion because there is no directly opposing opinion. Thank God there are some yummy delicious booze-filled drinks there to make the gripeumentscussion entertaining, because arguing with Kirby is worse than banging head against wall. It was fun night.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 11:47 am   Permalink

...and I really hope Trader Tom wrote down just how to make those YUMMY drinks!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-04-29 12:08 pm   Permalink

He wrote down one of them.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 12:29 pm   Permalink

hmmmmmm wonder what was being grippedargueddiscussed about?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-04-29 12:44 pm   Permalink

Oh, it's not just one thing. With Kirby it's kind of a stream-of-conscience gripeumentscussion. Kirby had been drinking since 6pm, so GROG pretty sure the amount of alcohol consumed greatly influenced the amount of meandering in his gripeumentscussion.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 3:29 pm   Permalink

glad you had a good time,Ernie!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-29 3:38 pm   Permalink

GROG need get out more...KIRBY need hug...rub da RUMPUS!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 4:37 pm   Permalink

The Rumpus Room is great! Kirby and and his friends did a wonderful job...and it's always got some new elements each time you return. There's always a few new coconut monkeys in serious peril, whether they're being hung up in bamboo cages, singed by exploding volcanoes, or forced to try my drink concoctions that just didn't work out...

The gripeumentscussion is a work in progress too. I've noticed some recurring themes. It kind of ebbs and flows like the exotica music playing in the background...

One of these nights we'll have to stop having fun long enough to take some pictures. I keep forgetting my camera.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 6:09 pm   Permalink

Updated photos for us NOT able to attend the regular Tuesday shindigs would be most welcome.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation