FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Feb. CHOP - that was FUN! - pics. pg. 3
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-07 14:39, H2O Tiki wrote:
Back in town, "Lemon Grove". If I can get Billy to pay for some gas for the car pool I'll be there. All is well on the open seas, I have some great pic's of sun rises & sets will post soon.

I'll pay for ALL the gas AND pick your ass up. Primer grey limo service, man!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 4:16 pm   Permalink

Should we bring other stuff besides art supplies . . . snacks? drinks?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 12:14 pm   Permalink

Usually, everyone brings something. The last few times, I haven't had time to bake, but I think I will this time. A chop at Babalus place usually goes like this: Babs has the best dogs and brats you've ever had on his hotdog cart(plus a couple boxes of Twinkies, but be careful.....you could end up shooting controversial politicians!), Mieko brings Musubi(better than L&L), and others bring odds and ends like cookies, sodas, cakes, doughnuts, specialty cocktails(thanks Nelva!), etc. Now and again, Miekos parents bring something extra that is ALWAYS good.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-12 3:53 pm   Permalink

I will third the "ooo, that sounds neat" fabric painting. Cyndi and I are planning on carpooling to Babalu’s Chop. See everyone on the 22nd. I think I’ll have room for a pop-up.

Diana

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 4:56 pm   Permalink

Billy, thanks for giving me the lowdown! Sounds good.
For those of who who want to fabric paint/stamp with me;

I'll bring: some extra stamp carving blocks you can buy from me if you want to try them; but you can really make a stamp from a potato, too! I'll bring a few and whatever else I can collect for stamp making, my carving tools, paint brushes and some fabric paint and muslin (basic tan cotton fabric) for everyone to play with.

You can bring: fabric or clothes you want to decorate (all fabric should be pre-washed), and extra stuff like paint brushes, pictures or designs you might want to carve, and wood carving tools if you have them or exacto knives. Even a potato, or styrofoam trays can be useful too. Bring what you've got and we'll figure it out.

I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks for opening up the invite to everyone. See you all there.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 5:42 pm   Permalink

I've got logs if anyone wants to make a run. Two trees came down today and need to be gotten tomorrow or Sunday, or they're going to the landfill.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-13 6:39 pm   Permalink

I'll bring some
King Kamehameha Hot Lava Chili

for the hotdogs.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-14 6:12 pm   Permalink

looks like i'll be able to make it,work is sending me to school and was not sure of the dates,looks like it will be a good one!!!!!!!!

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-15 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-13 18:39, MadDogMike wrote:
I'll bring some
King Kamehameha Hot Lava Chili

for the hotdogs.

CHILI DOGS!!! YES! I love me some chili dogs!

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 9:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Babalu, what time does the chop kick off? Inquiring tiki minds want to know!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-17 2:44 pm   Permalink

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been so busy this last week with the other job, and out of town visitors that I haven't had a lot of time to play on TC...

We usually start around 9:00 am til whenever.

If you are new to the Chops and need directions to my house just shoot me a pm.

This is going to be soooo much fun! I can't wait!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-18 08:59 am   Permalink

Hey all,

I know many will be glazing, carving, and and all kinds of things....

In the past, I have made up 'what I call' little clay canvases for people...I roll out a slab and wrap it around a pvc type pipe in a mug shape, then put a bottom on it for folks to then decorate....

I would like to make some of these up on Saturday for whom ever might want to play with one on Sunday....If you would like to try one of these could you either pm me or chime in on the thread here. I would like to not to have to make more of these than what you all might need.

Sunday's comin' up....this is going to be FUN!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 12:44 am   Permalink

I need 8.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 4:06 pm   Permalink

Hey Babs,
I'm bringing Grace and she'd like to give mug making a try, so that's one here, if you please. I'll be carving and giving instruction to a newbie this time around. His name is Randy and was at the booth next to me at Oasis.

Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 11:22 am   Permalink

Hey guys, hope the chop is great. See y'all at a chop sometime soon I hope!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation