FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 01:36 am   Permalink

WOW boy !

Excellent perfect ebony piece for the swap. Nothing else to add !

P.S: I love your shoes too

Benjamin.

[ This Message was edited by: benella 2009-05-27 01:37 ]

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 03:42 am   Permalink

Looking slick, love that dark wood.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 05:20 am   Permalink

You must really Love to punish yourself. That Ebony wood was made for machining and it balks at the knife, hating to be touched by it. However you are getting Excellent results using whatever tools you are using so don't stop. This swap guy is turning out to be a real show stopper, much like most all your pieces.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

Thank's for reply happy TC'ers!!!

Seeksurf: Thank's a lot for advise, I'll try not to be pressed. In fact I think the summer will pass quickly with all the projects already undertaken... Go next year for this logs! And you when are we entitled to an update from you ?

Benjamin: Thank's for the shoes comp, I've an other pairs with leopard pattern at my work! (to take the shower...) "Nothing else to add ! " Délit d'initié!

Tikimango: Thank you!

BenZ: Full thank's, much appreciated comps from you, but sorry is NOT ebony! That's Grenadill/mpingo/african blackwood (
MORE HERE). Only 1400 kg/m3 .
Far from being a punishment carving is a game of patience with this kind of wood, I like it!

Now I present my new toy:

Last week, I renovated a lapidary sander on my old Kity, always useful.

And then I change the bearing, pulley drive and the base into a polishing machine (thank you to my mechanic friends for help and advice!)

Speed 900 rpm

Almost without sanding: correct result...

Have a good night!
Next update the swap piece finished I hope!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 2:06 pm   Permalink

Nice toy! Please be careful while wearing gloves around rotating machinery, that's a huge No-No.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 4:46 pm   Permalink

Why did you cross the belt? Looks like it might rub. I agree though, nice toy!

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 9:34 pm   Permalink

No problem tikimango, I'll be carefull! When I do small piece I prefer to wear gloves instead of sanding fingers..

Tikilizard, for the most secure sense of rotation I've not an other choice what cross the belt. It's the same thing for the circular saw, even if the rub is less.

Nice day everyone!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 02:01 am   Permalink

Top idea !

I have to try this on my bench grinder

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 06:16 am   Permalink

Man Laojia, you KNOW what those photos do to me the tool junkie and I think you do it on purpose, just to make me drool. I'm thinking already where i cold put such tools in my shop and I Can't but I'm Still Green with envy instead of more jade dust! I would love to see photos of your whole shop even they will probably send me to the bad places.. Love the simple addition of another pully to an existing machine to make it work with another. The beginnings of a personal ShopSmith.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 12:16 pm   Permalink

More pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seeksurf/

Just over 10'
Red Alder
I don't know the weight 300?
I have seen allot of new NW poles that are leaving off the paint.
This pole is going to be left outside and the paint just goes
away in time so I'm thinking just paint on rain mans face.
Yes Im thinking of using the tung oil again.
International shipping a butt load! but if your in WA state
you can come look at it anytime.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 3:17 pm   Permalink

Thank's for reply Ben & Benz!
And thank's for answers Seek!

For your bench grinder, Ben, I've the recipe, very easy...

These last days I work on a new project to prevail during next holidays. Long time ago I'm not playing with chisels and japanese pull saw! Just one pic to make drool a tool junkie...

And now some views of the yipwan figure:

work in progress...

sanding...

sanding...

polishing...

finishing!

Thank's for looking!
Have a good night!

Jérôme.

P.S.: some stuff available
here

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 5:22 pm   Permalink

Some nice stuff coming out of that little shop!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 6:21 pm   Permalink

WAY Excellent piece for the swap. I wish I had entered it this time but too many unknowns. This one really came together Well!

Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 8:04 pm   Permalink

Really nice Yipwan, laojia.
I've not seen many of them here on TC.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 1:39 pm   Permalink

great work Jerome
you are a good french wood artist
great CARVING STATION in your garage

bonne soiree
AKUAE

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation