FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 11:15 am   Permalink

WOW

Hei matau
Koru
Moai
Knives Box
Kavakava

Everything's well begun... cases to follow.

Bennno

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 06:11 am   Permalink

YES, I see Lots of Chips and tools and pieces in the works and whats missing are more photos of all those pieces in the works.
Not pushing you but,,, HURRY UP!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 9:39 pm   Permalink

HI everybody! Thank's for reply!

T-Mango, thank's for kind word!

BenZ, glad you like,I hope it will soon... and thank's for pushing!

Seek, I don't like chainsaw: too heavy , too loud ... Thank's for stopping here!

Bennno, I know you stay tuned!

Sorry no pics update for now! The life is full, next update with finished pieces when coming the trough of the wave...

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 12:30 pm   Permalink

Let's talk about this past storytelling several weeks ago...

Quote:

On 2009-07-14 01:47, Paipo wrote:

He moves... It's alive...

Will I be able to control my creature...

Thank's for looking!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 6:04 pm   Permalink

thats awsome!! luvin the whole thing man! kick ass detail and carvin on that guy WOW!!! CHEERZ!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 03:31 am   Permalink

That's some awesome masterpiece.
The story's not bad too !

Let's say B.R.A.V.O

Bennno.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 05:02 am   Permalink

That is a gorgeous carving. Love it.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 07:49 am   Permalink

Incredible work there Jerome this Kava Kava man will gain you much respect, it really shows your skill level is Way out there!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 08:29 am   Permalink

beautiful piece jerome! you truly are dr. frankenkava and have brought a small block of wood alive. great piece, congratulations.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-19 08:43 am   Permalink

Really nice carve, I'm glad you freed him.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 10:44 am   Permalink

oh no! Kavakavenstein It's alive, on the loose and very hungry, be careful out there!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 12:48 pm   Permalink

Hello TC'ers! Thank's for reply.

BigTS: Thnx for enthusiasm and knd word!

Bennno: What do you here, I thought meet Gmail!!! Thank's for reply bro'

Kon-Hemsby: Thank's for the comp' !

BenZ: Hey sensei carver, it's too much honor for me with such compliments... Respect is first for you!

Big Daddy: Happy to see you here! This is a bit thanks to you, I remember where come from that piece of wood... And I still have half!

Tahitiki: Thank's for stopping here, me too I prefer free Kavakava...

Clarita: Yes Kavakavenstein it's alive and free! But be quiet, after passed some month to carved him I'm sure I can control it...

Some month to carve him, but also somes pictures of the work in progress during this time ( in color ). I share these photos that can be used if other sculptors want to engage in this kind of work...

The first steps are described
HERE, bottom of the page.

Then, the outline of the face, the ribs

ears

spine, it was a long evening

drilling the eyes, making inlays with bones and african blackwood. There I sweated...

angry mouth, too small I think

buttocks and legs

feet, careful not to break...

sanded

engrave the head with twin tangatamanu

Finishing hot linseed oil and polishing the(sunny)day after

This kind of sculptures are very specific in Polynesian art, we do not find anywhere else and many mysteries still prevail around this island lost so far in the east Pacific.
In many books have found representations of moai Kavakava simply with the explanation "ancestor figure" or other things like that. Other books reproduce the legend of King Tuu-ko-ihu, which passed by a hill met two "spirits" sleepy, frightened by their appearance he carved his vision in a hunk of Toromiro.
I also found another theory in a book about an ethnological expedition to Easter Island in 1964/65. Theory that I have not seen anywhere else, a doctor has examined these strange statues is inferred that this skinny men suffered from to dehydration, maybe have been reduced to drinking seawater or the brackish water, sources of clear water appears to be rare on Easter Island. He also said that the "fracture" between the dorsal and lumbar vertebrae and the Enlarged Thyroid Gland and the collapse of the neck, could be signs of radiation.
Another strange thing, these statues do not have body character of polynesian people. It recalls that several migrations took place around Easter Island and not necessarily from the west. Thus these moai kavakava might be representatives of survivors of the original inhabitants of the island carved by Polynesian immigrants probably frightened by their emaciated appearance.
I do not know if this is true, in any case these moai Kavakava have not finished to fascinate us.

Thank's for looking!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 1:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice Kavakava. It shows in your work and descriptions that you have done your homework concerning this guy. Those inlaid eyes are amazing as well.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 4:06 pm   Permalink

Laojia...great carve on the Kava Kava. Looks like you poured a lot of
carving and research time into this one...congratulations.
Finish looks super too.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! He's GLORIOUS! So impressed with all of it, the wood grain, the eyes, the details, HOT linseed oil?! He's ALIVE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!
thanx for the story too!
A+

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation