FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 08:01 am   Permalink

Hello Tc'ers! Update of the week with a Buzzy touch introductory:

Winter sunset between low mounts of the far east of France.

not the same temperature as SoCal...

Thank's for reply Flynny, I appreciate the support for my sanding run.

BenZ! Thank's for kind word but if sanding life is to sweeter, sanding will not be effective...
In any case, when I've need other sanding implements I built one:

with pieces of sheet aluminum or an old saw blades.

Benjamin, thank's for the hat's but I promise that I have not done this to kill you... Thank's again bro'!

These last days not much carving, but a lot of braiding... Must say I was a little late ...

even found how strapping toki (seeking long!) On this nice piece of Mopane sent by a carver brother...

It's not perfect yet, especially at back, but I think I understood.

Thank's for looking!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 08:27 am   Permalink

Nice photos! Buried under snow...looks familiar.
Those braids look REALLY good. I still haven't tried any of those tougher ones. Fantastic stuff to look at!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 11:35 pm   Permalink

Jerome your braiding skills are amazing, and your pieces look smooth and nice and your picture with all the houses buried in the snow looks beautiful.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 03:38 am   Permalink

Nice work on that braiding. Who sees the back anyways? I need to lock myself in a room and learn that one of these days. That's too much snow in that photograph.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 05:33 am   Permalink

Agree with that ango guy,,,Way TOO much snow for one photo, just looking at it might send me into another downward spiral for another month. Just when I was getting back to normal too!
Yes, Beautiful chords, or were those belonging to Beethoven and yours the cords? still looks like you could 'Polish" the screwdriver shafts a bit to tighten up the braids and smoothe them out a bit, but hey I'm no expert having just begun to learn about cording myself. So just carry on .....

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 2:55 pm   Permalink

That's not perfect? it looks very neat to me.. oh and thanks for the snow pic, here is hot as hell..

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 12:28 am   Permalink

Hello TC fellow!

Thank's for looking everybody. Here it almost seems that spring will soon be here, I'll soon be back at the workshop! In the meantime I have some cord work late...

Surfin'! That's the right term "buried on the snow". A pleasure for the kids and shovel work for the dad!
Thank you for the comp'!

Hiltiki, thank's for comment! Braiding cord is a quiet hobby evening when the weather is not enough good to go in the workshop...

Mango! "Who sees the back anyways?": me and it's already too crowded...
Thank's for reply and see what you have already done, so on the whale's tail for example, i'm sure you'll have no problem with this kind of lashing.

BenZ, too much snow but really good day to play with the kids even if the car don't like snowy mountain road... Thank's for the comp' for the
chord/cord work. And thank you very much for the tip of the screwdriver that I use from the beginning, really very useful for finishing. Take care of you sensei carver!

Clarita, never perfect but it's good like that ... thank's for stopping here!

Just one pics for this week:

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 4:00 pm   Permalink

That has got to be one of the coolest Moai I have seen. I LOVE IT!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 5:27 pm   Permalink

That IS cool! I like the slump in the body. Is that Mahogony wood?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 7:24 pm   Permalink

AGREE, This is One COOL Moai and Not just because he's from the cold weather country. Your chords probably sound better than your cords but your cords Look WAY Better!
Nice braids j?r?m?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 01:56 am   Permalink

yesssssssss my friend the MOAI finished looks absolut great
love it love it
you've found the album you're looking for ???

keep up the amazing work my friend
Paris will come very sooooooon ...........
see ya

ps
perhaps back in Metz week 10 !!! but not sure

great week end
Akuae

tikiller - coxico - benella - laojia - bai - akuae and jimmy virani

for more informations go to :
http://www.myspace.com/tiki-tribe

http://www.myspace.com/akuae

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 07:00 am   Permalink

I love that Moai too.
Oh, and when you get some time, you should braid my beard !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-27 07:00, virani wrote:
Oh, and when you get some time, you should braid my beard !

I thought it was a family website

Wonderful moai indeed !

Bennno.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 5:02 pm   Permalink

That is just amazing cord work! Looks perfect to me too. Where did you learn to do cord work like that? Great stuff.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 08:29 am   Permalink

Thank's a lot everybody for stopping here and sorry for late reply but I can't make a post with no one new picture...

Amate, the coolest Moai say "thank you and good bye". It currently flies to its new owner.

Surfin'Dave, thank you! Is in Walnut! More pics one next time!

BenZart, Cool because I carve sometimes while listening cool jazz ... Thank's for support, comment and kind word. Cheers sensei carver!

Alex, thank you! Come whenever you want, listen to old records of German punk rock...

Virani! Yes I can braiding your beard! Always find new real challenge... Thank's for comment!

Bennno!!! The family will be soon gathered!

Tikilizard, thank you so much for for the comp'.I learned to work braided cord through the post on Tiki Central and also the advice of BenZart and lots of patience and a little headache at first. Now the action is almost automatic and that's fine.

A little sun, even if it's still cold, a little storage in the workshop, borrowed a chainsaw at work: the weekend will be fun!

This one picking this morning on the roadside. There were other larger, much too heavy for me alone. Still Green, will be for later.

This one, basswood... Already a few months of drying. ready for tomorrow.

Thank's for looking!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation