FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 11:22 am   Permalink

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
You've no excuse not to update your thread tomorrow, the rendez-vous is taken

Happy happy happy.

Bennno

[ This Message was edited by: benella 2010-03-05 11:22 ]

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 3:41 pm   Permalink

Ya! nothing like free!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 5:34 pm   Permalink

What a beauty! Nice pickin'!!
Oh, the possibilities!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 9:17 pm   Permalink

Thank you all Benno, seek and surfin' and sorry for no update... As soon as I have some time I post pictures of the last pieces on the workbench!

Just one shot with my first Hei Tiki carved in Wengé more than one year ago and the last in pink ivory.

Have a nice day!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 03:23 am   Permalink

Well Well Well Look at what a Year has done to your skill set:

Jerome we have been watching you grow as a carver and here is proof it has not been in vain. While the older one is excellent the new one is More perfect, cleaner, fuller and overall much tighter in the detail. can't wait to se what the Next year brings so Hurry it up Will'Ya?
Anticipating great things from those two GIAAAAAAANT Logs

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 10:38 am   Permalink

1 year between the 2 Hei Tiki

I found this pix:

I don't know why but I'm sure it's your work

Mahalo Master L.

Bennno

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 6:20 pm   Permalink

Some great looking eye candy there!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 9:46 pm   Permalink

Hey sensei carver! Sure there's been progress in my work, how could it be otherwise when I follow all the talented carvers around here... I am conscious of having much to do and understand in this art of discipline. Thank's for support one more time BenZ.

Bennno! Ha! Insider Trading! Best pics to follow below...

Like candy, but a little hard on the tooth... Thank you Seeksurf!

Here are the new stuff...

Hybrid Hei matau/tiki

Carved in grenadill

Other picture with the shadow...

The last in pink ivory with the lashing...

A whale tail pendant, carved in mopane...

And finally some details pics and close up for the walnut moai pendant:

back

It's the gifts for wedding anniversary of Kon-Hemsby for his wife, therefore I've carved a tiny heart between his hands...

Finally in the gift box with cord braided and toggles

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SIMON & NINA!

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 03:27 am   Permalink

Love the New stuff Grasshopper,and I'm Really Happy to see you carving SO Many pieces, Your "Hybrid Hei matau/tiki" certainly looks like he/they are having fun talking laughing at something,

at Least he/they will never be lonely.

Absolutely LOVE the Moai with a heart,,,,Jerome, you must be the sweetest guy around and I'll bet all the girls fought over you. Love your eye for detail, what better Wedding git than to offer ones heart.

Now I just can't Wait to see whats next!?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ellly
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-13 11:32 am   Permalink

Benz is right! We are waiting for the rest! What a wonderful creativity you have! It's a pleasure to look at your creatures coming to the world ! So go ahead, please...
I love the way you use wood instead of bone or stone for many figures
ciao from Sicily Isl.
Ellly

View Profile of Ellly Send a personal message to Ellly      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-13 5:05 pm   Permalink

Gorgeous new ones, great choice of woods, beautiful designs, you put so much care on each one, and that anniversary gift is perfect, very lucky couple. keep up the great work!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-13 6:29 pm   Permalink

Really nice work... the Moai is my favorite. That's perty wood.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 10:31 am   Permalink

Sorry Bro' but those guys are totally awesome and it would be a crime not to share it on TC

Quote:

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 2:15 pm   Permalink

Oh MAN! Looking at your stuff is like going to the candy store!! Sweet stuff!
That storage box is way cool too. Great stuff, you are soaring with your skillz!!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-20 06:59 am   Permalink

Hello happy TC'ers ! Thank you all for the comp'... And welcome to the Spring!

BenZ, thank you for the kind word! I appreciate your support sensei carver. What's next?
See below...

Elly, glad you read, how are your little stones from Sicily? thank you for all these compliments, now I am waiting an update from you!

Clarita, thank you so much!

kahaka, thank you too!

Bennno! Still ahead of an update .... Where does the flight? See you later Bro'

Surfin'! "is like going to the candy store!" But it don't make you fat... Thank you!

For the arrival of spring, one non-tiki piece that I am giving this afternoon to a lover for his bride.

He has seen the model in a movie with Edward Norton and asked if I could do the same. Not really really the same in fact, I'm not a magician...

After putting off the headache with the system of articulation

Also an headache and two long evening for the inlay

Sanding and polishing

With the gift box, ash tree with black stain

And finally with the gold ware

It can be wearing like this...

...or like this

Thank's for looking!

Have a nice weekend!

Jérôme.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation