FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 05:12 am   Permalink

Hi TC'ers fellows! Thank's everybody for looking and reply!

-BenZ, yes, finally hooked by the bone carving! Already three finished, one more on the bench and someone in my head... This material is really interesting and beautiful, the possibilities are great, I'm going to come with friends all the butchers of the city...
Thank's for support sensei carver!

-Thank you Conga.

-Also thank you Gman, I am already proud to have done...

-Thank's for the bone nomolos!

-"The world's greatest tool box!" Too much honor, honorable Bowie... Thank's for the comp'!

-Eric 21, Merci voisin!

-Thank you BigT! Right now it is morning, noon and night tiki...

-Laojia like when GROG like.

-Thank you Surfin', indeed, another "boner" on TC. By dint of drool over your work but also tikimango and da Benz and all other it was necessary well that this happens...

-Thank you Tahitiki, some other versions below...

-Merci! Merci Baï! Ton pendant est prêt et le reste aussi... Pics soon!

-LakeDave! Thank you Man! In fact this summer is really fulfilled... The tiki tribe sign is already gone to Germany and I soon left to join the event:

Now the Tiki Tribe pendant resin cast series finished

the painted series:

the coloured series:

Some bone carving finished:

Hei tiki

Toki

And the twisted, not finished but just in time for the plum harvest. A pic' promised for Clarita:

In the same field, knives that I made for carving bone with spring damper truck

Well, the portable carving bench is ready to go in far east of France before Germany for Weil Am Rhein #4

Thank for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 06:16 am   Permalink

sweet work as usual man...........those carving knives are great. you should sell those........im just starting a to try bone carving.......still waiting on some tools to be shipped....

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 6:27 pm   Permalink

Excellent stuff Laojia, as usual. Absolutely Love the traveling Toolbox and the curved Spring tools are Awesome.
Your Bone pieces are Excellent too,, keep up the excitement!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 10:50 am   Permalink

Oh my God
Oh my God

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

So, you made those carving knives for bone work yourself? SWEEEET! How do they respond? Would you consider making more & selling them?

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 9:21 pm   Permalink

Thank you CC! I'm sure you gonna find good sensation with bone carving. Dont forget to share your progress working!

Also thank you Sensei carver! The toolbox has served this weekend (see below) and curved knives are not ready to be ranked ...

Keep cool Bennno, you gonna meet God in few week in Belgium.

Yes coconutzo, I've made this tools myself. The cutting angle is enough obtuse to "fit" into the bone with thin chips. For the moment the cut is good and I did it to be easy to sharpening. I use all the same a flexible shaft to draft and rough the work, the knives are then used to clean surfaces, finishing détails and carving concave areas. If you're interested, I can see to do for yourself or for others. I'll think to find a good price.

As promising somme pics of the weekend event in Germany:

The Tiki Tribe stand:

Thank's to Akuae, Tikiller and Coxico ( the Elsass Crew!) for setup and decoration

The Tiki Tribe banner:

Close up:

The most clean stand of the event:

With Coxico (men at work!)

Seb' Tikiller at work:

blah blah blah....

Akuae trying to finish a tiny Moai for a customer:

Product of the day:

With the carvers:

More pics on the Tiki tribe thread in "other event" forum

Have a nice day!

Jérôme

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 12:28 am   Permalink

Looks great fun,even a little helper to clean away the wood shavings!

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 2:37 pm   Permalink

I'm soooooooooooo jealous of all your top shelf work !
The knives are killer work, bro', I need a pair !

The bone seems to have no secret for you: coool stuff.

Looks like you had goods times with those nice Elsass boys. Next year I'll be there.

Mahalo,

B.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 5:45 pm   Permalink

Yeah,Awesome photos Jerome, Looks like you guys had Fun Even without Bennie!
Plenty carving Lessons, Chips abound on the floor, Tikis hanging out everywhere, Smiles on Every face, Pockets bulging from tiki sales, Log supplies dwindling, muscles tired, The day goes on and slips away, more tired backs, screaming kids, Tylenol bottles rattling attempting to ease the headaches and pain, and if ONE More person asks how Long it took you to do that tiki.....

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 05:25 am   Permalink

yes a great week end with great guys and some great
carving sessions
hopefully next year for the W.A.R. 5 with all the members of the TIKI TRIBE

stay wild

Akuae

and my little Carving Lady ZOE passed a great first moment with all these Tikis

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 1:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 05:25, AKUAE wrote:

GREAT job on this one!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 5:12 pm   Permalink

Wow! Some serious good times out there! Some great carvins and carvers!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 9:42 pm   Permalink

Very great fun in fact nomolos... And not one but five little helper for the mess on the stand!

Bennno!!! We count on you next year! You and Baï and Virani... Thank's for the comp'!

Hey Da BenZ! Some pics and you have fully understood the mood of the day...

AKUAE Bro'!!! Thank you one more time (you and Coxico and Tikiller) for kind home... A good carving session with good guys! Strongly next year!
Also thank's for pics add...

4WD, yes great job for the
Haikai Tiki and nice met...

Thank you also Surfin'tiki...

Finally this draft to Tangaroa started at Weil Am rhein reaches the finish:

In this minute, the stained wax is currently drying ...

Also the last touch in a new bone piece

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

eric 21
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 08:55 am   Permalink

very good job !!!the muste frenchy tiki !!!!!

View Profile of eric 21 Send a personal message to eric 21  Goto the website of eric 21     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 3:51 pm   Permalink

It was a very productive summer after all, a lot of great new pieces , thanks for the pic of the fruits of your tree I don't think I ever saw those, what would be the name?
and also glad to see the tiki tribe Paris is growing steady, much aloha to you guys.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation