FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-27 7:27 pm   Permalink

Oh Yeah, LOVE the Shop Shots!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 08:56 am   Permalink

Hey laojia, I see you got your shop all nice and clean for the winter. Can't wait to see what you do with the walnut log!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-02 08:33 am   Permalink

ALMOST WEEKEND UPDATE! YEAH!!!

-Hey! Thank you Bill! The marq pendant is now on market place... The walnut log will be a spring project, much water in it and far too heavy to handle. First step chainsaw splitting for storage!

-Thank's for the WOW Bennno!

-Thank's for comment McTiki.

-Thank's for the comp' Kino. Actually we have 4 inches of snow and more to come... Difficult to make something in the work shop right now... but I'll do!

-2 feet by 6 feet! Right BenZ, incredible! You have the eye of the eagle! More shop shots to come!

-Hey BigT! Thank for stopping by! The work shop nice and clean only during the time of the photo. Hum...

Some pics of two Marquesan tiki achieve in my work during the year-end party
Theme of this year was "islands and sun"... make tiki was obvious, even if it was the first day of snow here.

Chainsaw carved into a collage of four planks of fir

Painted by a friend

In the reception room

Next week, I'll post better pics (I hope!) and some other works soon finished...

Thank's for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-02 09:51 am   Permalink

A+++ on everything. Outstanding craftsmanship and design.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-06 03:38 am   Permalink

Excellent ending for the four Planks (Hey, that sounds like a group)
Perfect workmanship here Jerome...
Ya done with that log yet?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 01:30 am   Permalink

Haha! Thank's for A+++ Grog! You are an excellent international rating agency...

Hey Benz! When "four planks" become "four tops"! The walnut log is finally stored after much ado and handling and even a little back pain:

Start

First cut

Wedged before cut the other side

Done! Now storage and cleaning...

Other thing of this moment:

Tiki mask finished

A hunk of copper for sign it the tikis:

And as the chainsaw was on the way, I started another Tangaroa:

One smallest gone, one bigger come...

Tomorow an other update for toolz addicts...

Thank's for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 07:50 am   Permalink

Jerome you are one of my favorite tiki carvers on this sight. Your carvings are interesting and you are a great craftsman.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 12:52 pm   Permalink

Wow hiltiki!! Thank you so much for the comp'! Really enjoyed this side of the ocean. I'm feel like a beginner when I see topics of the famous carver across this forum... The quote would be a challenge so much there.

As promising above some pics of my old Gran Pa adze . I again change the handle for a longer, so, I was take time to carve it a little bit, and polishing the edge.

Thank's for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 3:53 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2010-12-12 07:50, hiltiki wrote:
Jerome you are one of my favorite tiki carvers on this sight. Your carvings are interesting and you are a great craftsman.
Ditto the comment above. I couldn't have said it better.

I can't wait to see what you do with that walnut log. and . . . you even carve your tool handles!! That is one bad az adze

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 4:28 pm   Permalink

You got a nice adze!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-18 2:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Jerome, Love the Adz and the Handle carving, Sure to gie aid in carving. Just watch those Toes!

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-19 9:42 pm   Permalink

Also full of thank you Amate!

I hope this adze appropriate property for the use that I want to do... Thank you Bill!

Thank's for comment BenZ! Don't worrie about my toes, I promise, I'll do
something

A season carving:

Have a nice day!

J.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 06:50 am   Permalink

I think that is the first tiki snowman if have seen! I like the adze, but I think I would be afraid to use it!

Looks like there is a lot of great things going on in your garage.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 3:43 pm   Permalink

How is carving walnut? It would seem like it would be a difficult hardwood. I love the black & white pics. Nice work!

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 12:39 am   Permalink

Hey Big T, thank's by stopping here! Some other "snoai" here. The snow has melted now but the cold is still here... For the adze, I am aware of the danger. I am trying to design a smaller one.

Grand Poobah, for my part walnut is the wood for carving (in my country!). It is classified as semi-hard and the grain is held very well in the cut. This allows the details to work well and the finish is quite easy. The possibilities are great with the walnut and the grain is often superb.

Some news from the bone carving side of the work shop before a wooden update soon:

On the bench

Stylised Hei matau

New Hei tiki with paua eyes

Thank's for looking!
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation