FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. Summer update p. 44
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 12:46 am   Permalink

Hey dude,

This adze looks pretty cool. Any update?

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 02:19 am   Permalink

Thank's for reply BenZ, Johnny and Benjamin

I share with you my work of the week (small week):

I've yet to do on this

Thank's for looking, have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 04:40 am   Permalink

Looks like a few Nice pieces you've set out to do there. What are the woods?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 06:02 am   Permalink

Thank's for words BenZ,
twin koru was made in wengé, I still have some pieces... "snake-biting-its-tail" is in pink ivory, later they will be separated. For now they are more useful attached, I hold the first to carve the second...

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 07:12 am   Permalink

Holy Rare Wood, Jérôme, that Pink Ivory is amazing! Really beautiful carving going on here! Could you imagine doing a large tiki out of that stuff??? (If it wasn't one of the rarest woods on Earth, next to Snakewood, that is... about the only way of getting the pink stuff in logs is if an elephant accidentally knocks a tree over in Africa, no kidding.)

I say this gent is well on his way to a Three Pecker Award, which here on TC is a good thing. Is that Un Prix Royale de Trois Saucisse en Francaise?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 08:40 am   Permalink

Hi Jérôme,

Keeping children and carving stuff, that's my menu for Wednesdays ! And I love it !

Your work's cooler piece after piece, bro'. Those koru are really cool and the twin snakes are top shelf.
You've to tell me where you get this pink ivory, I swear I won't tell our secret

Good week-end,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 06:41 am   Permalink

Some cool looking pieces there!
i'd like to see what comes of that red one there

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 3:09 pm   Permalink

Cammo: I don't could imagine the price'wood for a large tiki in pink ivory!!! Anyway, even isn't the rarest wood (scarcity organized by the merchants for get up the price...) the pink ivory tree is so small... otherwise I never heard to talk for a "prix de trois saucisses" in this country Or so I did not understand everything...

Benjamin: Thank's for kind word...I'm ready to give the secret of my source for fine wood if you send me your last creation ...................................................
No shit, this is:
http://www.dick.biz/
You can order a free catalogue (very nice) here: http://www.dick.biz/dick/page/18_00_00_00_kataloge/detail.jsf
I will surely make an order within a few weeks, if you are interesting MP me, we arrange for shipping.

Tikiduddy: Thank's for comment's, I hope to post some following pics next week...

Have a good night
Jérôme.

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 9:20 pm   Permalink

Update of the friday morning!

Yesterday a shiny rising sun lights my little hall of fame:

"snake-biting-its-tail" work in progress

and finished with necklace, for my daughter

It's crazy as time have past on this piece...I do not see the end!

The other, more symmetrical with a different mode of necklace

even a small thing, just for fun...Soon I'll have glasses! Only carve with knive and riffler except eye drilling, pity that the jaw is a little short

Thank's for looking everyone.
Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 10:22 pm   Permalink

DAMN!!! jerome!!! how small are you trying to go? they look great. the snake is awesome but the skull!! right on!

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 12:09 am   Permalink

WOW WOW WOW

What's the next step ? Rice carving ?
This skull is a perfect toggle for the snake pendant that is perfect too !

Bravo,

Benjamin.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 7:52 pm   Permalink

Very cool! I like your work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 8:53 pm   Permalink

Laojia, All those guys LooK Dynamite all standing around together like that, Excellent stuff

Of course we should Get a 50% discount on the Snake eating it's tail since by the time we get it half the tail will be gone and we should only have to pay half shipping too if half the dealie is gone hey?

Sounds right to me there Lad!

myspace

Just to ask a question first, where are those Japanese Carving Knives available from, somewhere n line? They really REALLY Lookgood.
Also if you are worried about the jaw being too short n that last little neat skull you could make the skull part smaller, raising yhe cheeks, narrowing the head and that would make the jaw much larger. You wouldn't have to remove any meat from the top of the skull(meat?lol). Personally It looks great to me. OR another thing you cold do would be to add some bone dentures, like real teeth! But again I love it the way it is.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-04-04 09:23 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 2:39 pm   Permalink

Thank's everyone for reply and kind words!

Big Daddy: I knew you liked the skulls!!!

Benella:
[quote]
What's the next step ? Rice carving ?

- Only if I find grain rice bigger than my thumb!!

Seeksurf: big thank's, and the risk of repeating myself: what's the course of the quileute pole?

BenZ:
[quote]
Of course we should Get a 50% discount on the Snake eating it's tail since by the time we get it half the tail will be gone and we should only have to pay half shipping too if half the dealie is gone hey?

- Pleased to see that the surgery you do not remove the sense of business nor of humor!!!!
I have noted your advice to the skull, on this one here I was a little pressed.
Otherwise, I've find my carving knife by Dick.biz, fine woodworking tool and materials and seeking early here:

http://thejapanwoodworker.com/dept.asp?s=JapanWoodworker&mimid=TFRZ7HHA73W7QS93TODB010GIPPV3T2H&dept_id=13648
More expensive than Europe, certainly less shipping for US...
Or search with "Hiro"

Have a good night!

Jérôme.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 9:40 pm   Permalink

Seeksurf: big thanks, and the risk of repeating myself: what's the course of the quileute pole?

If you are asking how it is going? Maybe over half done? or
the location of its permanent home that would be at the Tiki Bog.

Not sure what course means?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation